1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Would most people consider IFB churches anti-government and anti-modern medicine?

Discussion in 'Fundamental Baptist Forum' started by Living4God21, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    At least you are getting more excerise:applause::thumbsup:

2. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

Moderation is the key to everything. If you will notice all medications will harm you if overdosed. Wine and alcohol will kill you, but if you drink a glass of wine before you go to bed (Red wine) you will drop the chances of having a heart attack because it prevents blood clots in the heart and lungs caused by keeping the platelettes from sticking together. The Bible says not to be drunk to the point of intoxication. Some will disagree with me on this, but when Jesus made the wine, remember what was said by a guest at the wedding party----usually you keep the bad wine for last since the guests are drunk and don't care. Obviously, they were drinking to enjoy the wine and it was Jesus' decision to make a very good wine for the party members.

I do not believe in toleration on cigarettes. They are far too addictive and kill more people than anything on the market. If we want to ban something, that would decrease the amount of deaths caused each year. It is my understanding that every 6.5 seconds someone in the United States dies directly from a cigarette caused ailment.

If marijuana were to be used, it would not be used as in california where it is so liberal you can go to any doc and get a script. I think it would be given as a tablet at the same time you go in and get your chemo. This would highly regulate it and reduce the nausia better than off the shelf antihistimines which are used for nausia (SP?) now like Phenergan. Maybe the doctor might want to give the patient a couple of pills to take home and use if the reaction from the chemo takes longer than the marijuana.

Everything in this world is based on moderation, eating, drinking (Water even) and other things we do. This is truly the way to have a good life and live the longest assuming God allows us to live a long life. He may just very well want us to come on home; either way, who cares; we are in His hands.:saint:

3. Charles Meadows

Charles Meadows New Member

I think that the "former med student" status (post #3) explains a good bit of his resentment of medicine as a whole.

4. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Yea, you need to define this doctrine of biblical separation and exactly how you think it applies to "entertainment, dress, etc..."

And you need Bible for it and you need to make a logical and clear connection from your position to your passages.

Plenty of cults have arisen out of what seems to be your logic here.

5. rbell

rbell Active Member

Don't think our OP friend will be back to explain his goofy presumptions...

6. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

He did say that he moves around a lot...

7. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have followed this thread with interest, having left the SBC for an Independent Fundamental Baptist Church.

We are very patriotic and we honor our country and our flag. A lot of
    the men in our congregation are "9/12" ers and Tea Party people....but our
    church preaches Christ! We are anti abortion, anti gay marriage, and anti anything else that conflicts with the Bible.