1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Would You Attend? I Would!

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Wesley Briggman, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would not go.
    It's not my world, I'm just passing through.;)

I also see this in my reading:

" Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.
    2 And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.
    3 Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.
    4 No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of [this] life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier."
    ( 2 Timothy 2:4 ).

Sorry, but I'm not a "Christian Activist."
    The best I can hope for is to stay out of their way until He comes again and sets things right.

He gave me plenty to do, and commanded me to "occupy until I come".
    He did not tell me to go out and "make a difference".

On the other side of the coin, I would like to see the tide stemmed and a return to the 1950's in public morality, but my only recourse now is to pray for God's peace in the midst of the increasing evil...
    And to pray, "even so Lord, come quickly."

With that said,

"When righteous [men] do rejoice, [there is] great glory: but when the wicked rise, a man is hidden." ( Proverbs 28:12 )
    " When the wicked rise, men hide themselves: but when they perish, the righteous increase." ( Proverbs 28:28 )

I'm getting good at hiding.:)

#21 Dave G, Jul 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wes, I completely get where you're coming from and I applaud your desire to reach out to those deceived into the homosexual lifestyle. And, on paper, I agree. It looks like a great mission field.,

But, I have to warn you, I lived in Philadelphia and we had an evangelism team go to the gay pride parade. We were there all of about ten minutes before we realized this was not a safe place for women and children.

I'm no prude or shrinking violet. I've been around. I know what goes on. But I can't even begin to tell you the kinds of debauchery we saw there.

I can't tell you not to, I would just caution you based on our experience.

Like I said, I really admire your desire to reach out to them, but I think at some point, you go from dealing with someone who's merely deceived to a Romans1 situation where God has turned someone over to his sin.

If you must go, make sure you spend lots of time in prayer and fasting.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Rockson

Rockson Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    On a certain level your reasoning is sound yes in a way it sends a message that brings balance. But really what would that look like. Floats in a parade showing a pride for being straight. You'd have to know even at that some of the antics might be pretty crude knowing it's worldly people organizing it. In real terms having any parade about sexuality is down right crazy so why involve ourselves in it?

4. Wesley Briggman

Wesley Briggman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To all the respondents, thank you. You have given me good council through wisdom of the Holy Spirit. I now doubt that I would participate in a Conservative Pride parade based on your input.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The one in Boston could not get a permit. I think that a parade like that would be a lot of fun. What would be equally good would to have heterosexual marching units in parades like the Indianapolis 500 parade. The rainbow belongs to Jews and Christians as a promise of no more global floods. Maybe there could be a no more global floods marching unit displaying the true meaning of the rainbow. They could also protest the American abuse of children at homosexual events.