1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Would You Be Willing To Go?

Discussion in 'Travel Forum' started by 4ever4Jesus, Oct 1, 2010.

1. 4ever4Jesus

4ever4Jesus New Member

Always in the papers, I hear about the Violence in Israel. Maybe that is just the media. But we know of recent days Nations are pushing harder against Israel. I personally in this day and age would not go to Israel. Maybe it is because of what I read.
    Do you yourself think it is safe to take a vacation to Israel? Would you go if you had free tickets? I would not. What about you?

2. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'd go... in a minute!!!

Most tour groups stay away from violence. When we were visiting Bethlehem, there was a deminstration against Israel that turned violent 2 blocks away. We never knew about it until the news later that night.

I sometimes think that the terrorists know that tourism helps the economy and stay away from it.

But if I had the money I would get a group up and go.

3. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

I would do about anything if I knew that God was orchestrating.

4. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would go in a skinny minute!
    This is the one (1) place that I would truly love to visit outside of the Smokys and Carolina coast.

5. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Been there many times. Would return in a heartbeat.

Since 1973, only one tourist has been killed in Israel and he was killed walking out in Jerusalem late night in an alley.

We cancelled a trip when the hotel we were to stay at (in Bethlehem) was blasted by Israeli tanks. On NBC. Half my group cancelled that night and the State Department declared it unsafe (this was back 11 years ago; we been there with two groups in 94 and 97 and not returned only because of ill health)

[​IMG]

Our family in 1992 or 93 trip. Aquaduct at Caesarea Maritime

6. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

I would go to America in atrice despite ALL Americans are guntoting rednex if you believe the media all hopped up on strange ingestibles.