1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Would you have attended this Christian / Muslim picnic?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Salty, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. donnA

donnA Active Member

No I would not. I want nothing to do with unity as a christian with a false religion, I will not compromise the faith.

3. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

No.

Rom 13:12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.

4. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Probably ......................

5. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    One of the errors of the church is to take the route of disengagement - separating ourselves from interactions with the very people we are called to minister to.

So of course I would attend such an event. Withdrawal is not the answer.

Jesus never withdrew from engagement - He got right into people's lives, did things, and then explained Himself. We should be doing likewise. As Jesus to the nation of Israel, so us to the world.

6. donnA

donnA Active Member

unity and compromise are never good when it involves false religions with false gods. It didn't work out so well for Solomon.

7. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Did or did not Jesus dine with sinners? The parth of quietism - disengagement from the world is not the gospel way. As far as I can determine from the article, there would be no formal worship at the event.

The people of God are to be God's vehicle for blessing the world. Just as the nation of Israel blessed the world, so should we, the "true" Israel, engage the world for their benefit. And you do not engage the world by hiding from it.

8. chuck2336

chuck2336 Member

Yes I would attend. I have many friends who are muslim, and it is a joy to witness to them through our relationship. There have been some who have embraced Jesus, so it is all weel worth it.

9. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

I would definitely attend, it would be a great way to share our faith with them and at the same time show them the love of Christ. I am sure many walked out of that picnic, amazed that our GOD is able to touch Christians to love Muslims in that way.

10. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How would a person ever establish a relationship with a Muslim or anyone else and then witness to them if they refuse to be in their presence? Christ said to go into all the world, not stay in Christian ghettoes.

11. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

I prefer not to be in the midst of a group of people who want to kill me. Yes, I KNOW Jesus did that, but I am not Jesus.

I don't think this verse pertains only to marriage, primarily maybe, but not at the exclusion of other situations.

2Cr 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

12. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The vast majority of Moslems are not radical. Rather they are moderates and have no desire to kill you. We Americans are so fearful and that is very sad.

13. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

14. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Going to a picnic is hardly yoking. I can't understand why someone who loves souls would not go to this. What an amazing opportunity!

Do you really think these folks would come to a picnic wanting to kill you?

I would go in a heartbeat and love the chance to show the love of Christ to needy souls.

15. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This clearly erroneous view is all the more reason to expose yourself to them to understand that the vast, vast majority of Muslims have no desire to kill anyone.

16. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What are the percentiles on this, and how did you determine them?

17. NaasPreacher (C4K)

My son recently had lunch at Subway with a Muslim who asked him question after question about his faith in Christ.

Did he violate the "don't be yoked" rule?

Oh yeah, he didn't try to kill my son!

18. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

I couldn't access the website from where I am, but not knowing anything at this point, I would consider it.

19. donnA

donnA Active Member

You aren't Jesus and neither am I.
    Never suggested we hide from anyone, so do not add words where none were written. I did however suggest we not compromise and join with false worshippers.
    However you do as you please.

20. donnA

donnA Active Member

you think so do you.
    Ask your average everyday common muslim if they think the muslims from 911 went to heaven. If they really are muslims then their answer will be yes, as thats the only way to go to heaven. Now how can anyone who says they believe in heaven not want to go, do muslims want to go to heaven, the only way is die killing unbelievers, as their holy book commands, so if they don't think unbelievers should be killed they aren't genuine muslims because they do not believe their own religion.