1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Would you vote for John James?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Salty, May 17, 2022.

1. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The foundation of the world and politics.

for to vanity was the creation made subject -- not of its will, but because of Him who did subject it -- in hope, Rom 8:20 YLT
    I think the creation there is speaking of the creation of the world of Rom 1:20 for the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world, by the things made being understood, are plainly seen, both His eternal power and Godhead -- to their being inexcusable;
    and began at the end of the sixth day,
    Gen 2:3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

From that point on, was there and is there still, a Sabbath rest for the people of God?

Now politics.

Hear this word that the LORD hath spoken against you, O children of Israel, against the whole family which I brought up from the land of Egypt, saying, You only have I known of all the families of the earth: therefore I will punish you for all your iniquities. Amos 3:1,2

Was God happy when they wanted a king? At the saying of that above they are now two nations with a king for each. Is God happy at this time?

But what about the other families of the earth? Did they need kings and politics? Methinks, yes for they needed to deal with the vanity of which the creation had been subjected and in reality God was only concerned with them as they related to the children of Israel.

Is the following a great verse of the bible relative to, politics?

that also the creation itself shall be set free from the servitude of the corruption to the liberty of the glory of the children of God; Rom 8:21

Just some thoughts, I think.

2. Bible Thumpin n Gun Totin

Bible Thumpin n Gun Totin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, I don't agree with his position on not being able to fire folks based on "orientation", but he seems decent on other issues. I vote for both parties depending on the candidate and post they're vying for. I wouldn't vote for a Dem in a place where they influence social politics (abortion, gay stuff, etc). I would vote for a Dem in a position where they may influence the environment (I.E against mountaintop removal mining, Pro-Small Farm) or where they may influence development (Don't let Corps pave over our Appalachian culture).

I recently voted in the Rep primary for the 3 open country commissioner seats. After the primary there are now 3 Republicans and 1 Democrat vying for 3 open commissioner seats. My wife and I will be voting for 2 Republicans and for the 1 Democrat to fill the 3 seats.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, it looks like some folks - look at the entire picture - which of course is good
    Others only look at one issue - which is NOT good.