1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wrong views of Election and Grace /floodgates of error posted

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Iconoclast, Apr 11, 2021.

1. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Like This;[The identity of this poster is not given to protect him from being embarrassed]
    This was recently posted;

The bible is clear that a great multitude is saved;
    14 And the Lord said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward:

15 For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever.

16 And I will make thy seed as the dust of the earth: so that if a man can number the dust of the earth, then shall thy seed also be numbered.

Genesis 22:17
    That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies;

Genesis 32:12
    And thou saidst, I will surely do thee good, and make thy seed as the sand of the sea,
    which cannot be numbered for multitude.

When these verses appear in the first book of the bible, it is obvious only a person with an agenda could deny it. Why mock and disparage such a great blessing?

[QUOTE]and the greater majority will sadly end up in eternal punishment?[/QUOTE]
    A multitude will also be justly punished!
    mt7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

Yes, Good news that God saves sinners In Christ

No one knows any such thing, so why would you speculate on such a foolish notion?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Here is some of that blessed truth that Christians believe and rejoice in;
    Brief Catechism of Bible Doctrine, James P. Boyce | The Reformed Reader
    ELECTION
    1. What name is given to those whom God effectually calls to salvation

They are called the elect or the chosen ones of God.

2. Why are they so called?
    Because God, before the foundation of the world, chose them unto salvation through Christ Jesus.

3. Did God make this choice because He foresaw that these persons would be pious and good people?
    He did not; for the goodness and piety of any are due to the influences of the Spirit.

4. Was it, then, because He foresaw that they would believe?
    On the contrary, it is through His choice that they are led to believe.

5. What, then, was the ground of that choice?
    His own sovereign will.

6. How may we know if we be of the Elect of God?
    Only by perceiving that the Holy Spirit has led us to repentance and faith and loving obedience to God.

7. Ought we not diligently to watch for such assurance of our calling and election?
    Yes; and besides this we ought to pray to God to give His Spirit thus to work in us.

3. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Abstract of Systematic Theology, James P. Boyce | The Reformed Reader

(5.) Another important fact to be shown is the eternity of Election in opposition to the idea that it was in time. The proof on this point is two-fold. There are (a) those passages which show that the Election took place before existence in this world or before the world began, and (b) those which actually declare that it was eternal. Between the two classes of passages there is really, however, very little difference, as, from the nature of the case, what took place before time must have been in Eternity, and besides, the object of proof of an eternal Election is simply to show that it was not dependent on human action, but simply on the will of God.

(a) Those which show that the election took place before man's existence, or before the world began.

Jer. 1:5. "Before I formed thee in the belly, I knew thee, and before thou camest forth out of the womb, I sanctified thee."

Matt. 25:34. "Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world."

Eph. 1:4. "Even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world."

2 Thess. 2:13. "But we are bound to give thanks to God alway for you, brethren, beloved of the Lord, for that God chose you from the beginning unto salvation in sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth."

2 Tim. 1:9. "Who saved us, and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before times eternal."

4. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Election and predestination for those redeemed are great bible doctrines to learn about and hold onto!

5. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Christian's are given the truths of election and predestination as a great comfort during the trials of life. That some would mock and ridicule such teaching is a sign of the spiritual decay that is upon us.

6. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They have been a source of comfort to me!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    A multitude will also be justly punished!
    mt7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

Yes, Good news that God saves sinners In Christ

No one knows any such thing, so why would you speculate on such a foolish notion?[/QUOTE]
    You have no proof of error.
    MB

8. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You have no proof of error.
    MB[/QUOTE]
    I quoted bible verses saying a multitude that no man can number will be saved and they will. This is not speculation at all.God does save sinners in Christ. The saving grace and love are only in Christ...look for yourself!
    14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant
    with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation,
    that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners;
    of whom I am chief.

9. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I quoted bible verses saying a multitude that no man can number will be saved and they will. This is not speculation at all.God does save sinners in Christ. The saving grace and love are only in Christ...look for yourself!
    14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant
    with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation,
    that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners;
    of whom I am chief.[/QUOTE]
    Try reading scripture with out your philosphies. You'll see I'm right
    MB

10. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Try reading scripture with out your philosphies. You'll see I'm right
    MB[/QUOTE]
    Mb.....these are direct scripture quotes.Sorry they are not familiar to you.:Redface