1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Yahoo Football League

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Convicted by the Spirit, Jul 6, 2006.

1. TomVols

TomVols New Member

This is what I mean, friend. This is overreacting. This will likely be ironed out very easily with just a bit of clarification. No need for people to overreact. :thumbs:

2. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Tomvols, you keep saying people are overreacting, however the only one I see on here making a mountain out of a mole hill is you. Perhaps you are the one overreacting, friend :thumbs:

3. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Perhaps, but as I've stated there are bigger issues than most are seeing, based on history and problems from the past on a wider scale. Thanks! :)

4. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

Tom,

Not to be a pain but what are the bigger issues? Are they legal, moral or perhaps areas of perceived control?
    I would mention to the council and to yourself that rules without reason lead to frustration and unhappy members. Which on a billboard could lead to some very sarcastic comments.

5. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Yes :) Without delving into all the sordid details that would violate my duty as a moderator, there have been some historical problems when BB member information was exposed to non-members. BB member information (and the BB itself) was compromised via spamming, trolling, personal attacks, etc. BB since then has taken a hard stance, wishing to protect its members. The issue of expectations on the part of BB members is also broader. Let me reiterate: this is very easily solved, and no one need overreact. The concerns voiced to and by the AC are legitimate but can be easily and painlessly solved. I believe the commish has taken the necessary steps to protect the BB members relative to the first (and let's hope, only) incident. I also want to protect the members here and I want us to keep having the fellowship of fantasy leagues here on the BB without undue restriction or imposition.

6. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I agree completely :smilewinkgrin:

7. NateT

NateT Member

Just to change topics, it looks like we have a problem w/ PastorSBC, according to the league, his wife said
    Is that her attempt at telling us that Pastor beats his wife???:laugh:

8. PastorSBC1303

:laugh: Funny stuff

9. NateT

NateT Member

It's one thing to lose to an anonymous woman like I am. It takes a whole other kind of guy to play in a league with his wife...and lose.

I don't like it when the Chiefs go into Mile High because my wife is a Broncos fan, I can't imagine being in a league like that...you're a better man than I am.

10. PastorSBC1303

well we are in 3 fantasy leagues together, and I am ahead of her in 2 out of the 3. I have more points than anyone else in the BB league, just ran into some bad luck a couple weeks. My team will be up there toward the top when the season is over. :)

11. NateT

NateT Member

Here's a QB tip. Look at what QB I bench and he'll have a good game. Last week benched Brunell in favor of Palmer. Brunell throws 3 TDs. I go with Brunell this week over Huard, Brunell doesn't do anything, Huard throws 2 TDs and a couple hundred yards ;)

I'ts all right, I'd rather have my favorite NFL teams win than my fantasy team to do good.

12. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

alms for the poor, alms for the poor or perhaps I should word it donate a good player to a poor team. :laugh: :laugh: :tonofbricks:

thjplgvp