1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Ye must be born again! 2

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Brightfame52, May 11, 2022.

1. Brightfame52

Brightfame52 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    alan gross stated:

Alan Im in agreement with a lot of what you stated here, yet I believe a new heart must be given in order to believe, we believe on Christ with the new heart Ezk 36:26-27

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

There can be no evangelical obedience until after the new heart is given in regeneration, which I believe you agree.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who are the ones who shall be born again ? 2

First I hoped to show who it is that shall be born again, by showing that its all those Redeemed by the Blood of Christ, that by His Blood He redeems them out of a vain manner of Life by the New Birth 1 Pet 1:18-19 and they are the ones of 1 Pet 1:2, the objects of the sprinkling of the blood, which again refers to redemption by His Precious Blood.

Now, Secondly and joined to the first, the redeemed, the subjecs of New Birth or Regeneration are those of the Elect of God or the Election of Grace. Here in 1 Pet 1:2 they are called those that are Elect according to the foreknowledge of God as seen here 1 Pet 1:1-3

Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,

2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

See the progression here? They are Elected, Redeemed, and Begotten Again ! That's the Work of the Triune God. The Father Elected, the Son Redeemed and the Spirit quickened them !

The Foreknowledge of God in Vs 2 refers to the foreknown People of God Rom 11:2

I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.

2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel saying,

And Rom 8:29

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

New Birth is of Necessity to be conformed to the Image of God's Son !

So they are the ones Elect according to the Father's Foreknowledge, also they are said to be a Chosen generation 1 Pet 2:9

9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

That word chosen means:

I.picked out, chosen
    A.
    chosen by God,
    i.
    to obtain salvation through Christ

In fact its the same word for Elect in 1 Pet 1:2

2 Elect or Chosen according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

Now of course, some false teachers shall say that 1 Pet 2:9 refers to only ethnic jews because of the words Holy Nation there and of course here Exodous 19:6

And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

But they do lie, and that's why they are false teachers, but 1 Pet 2:9 applies to all who are begotten again through the Resurrection of Christ unto a Lively Hope 1 Pet 1:3

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

Does that apply only to ethnic jews ? Did Christ die and was Resurrected for only ethnic jews ? God forbid !

Also we know that it also applies to Gentiles by a simple comparison of scripture, for scripture explains scripture. Compare 1 Pet 2:5

5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

Notice, They are as lively stones built up a Spiritual House or Temple. Remember Jesus made a reference to stones and Temple Matt 24:1-2

And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.

2 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

So the idea of 1 Pet 2:5 is that of being built into a Spiritual Temple or House for God to dwell in !

Now lets compare that to Eph 2:21-22 where Gentiles are being written to:

19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:

22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

Which we know these to be the Chosen of God also from Eph 1:4

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

So how could the Chosen in Eph 1:4 who are a Spiritual Temple in the building, be different from those in 1 Pet 2:5,9 who are being built a Spiritual House , Temple ? Is the Spiritual Temple divided again like the OT was ? Then that refutes Eph 2:14,19

14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
    19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

The partition has been abolished. The word means:

I.
    a hedge, a fence

II.
    that which separates, prevents two from coming together

So the Spiritual Temple of Eph 2 is the same as the One in 1 Pet 2:5 which is the same as that in 1 Pet 2:9 which fulfills Ex 19:6 which was directed to Israel !

Now, this is all to prove that its the Chosen ones of God, who shall be born again, which are the Redeemed ones.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    The sin nature in Adam is not born again !

When one is born again as Christ stated here Jn 3:7

7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Now understand something here. When Jesus gives this Necessity, its not that the sinner must be born over again, nor that the sinners sin nature is born over again, for the word is born anew :

I.from above, from a higher place

A.of things which come from heaven or God

II.from the first, from the beginning, from the very first

III.anew, over again

Jesus is speaking of a Birth which comes from above, being born anew, a birth from heaven.

its a Birth that comes from here Eph 2:6

6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

Col 3:1

If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

Yes, those who were raised up together with Him, are also sitting with Him on the Right Hand of God in Union Representation. He is there [at the Right Hand of God] making Intercession for them Rom 8:34

34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at [the right hand of God], who also maketh intercession for us.

So this one receives a Birth from above, a New Birth also in Kind. Its not the birth the sinner had in the flesh, so Jesus said Jn 3:6

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

In fact that which they are by nature and the first birth remains the same, that's why Paul as well as True Believers can Say as Born Again Ones 1 Tim 1:15

15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

Yes being born again anew, does nothing to change us from being sinners in the flesh. Rom 7:18

For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

We even still serve sin in the flesh Rom 7:25

25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

We know Paul is speaking as a Dual Person and One that is Born Again because He says here with His Mind He serves the Law of God, verses in the flesh he serves the Law of sin.

Now, he has to be born of the Spirit to serve the Law of God with his Mind because of this Truth Rom 8:7

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

If Paul was not Born Again, he could not with the Mind he has by nature serve God because that mind is enmity against God, and it is NOT subject to the Law of God !

You see what He says he does in Rom 7:25 with his Mind serving , submitting to the Law of God, its what he cannot do with his mind in Rom 8:7, CANNOT ! 8

4. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    The sin nature in Adam is not born again ! 2

So since the sin nature we have by nature out of the corruptible seed of Adam is not born again, the saints are as Paul said of Himself 1 Tim 1:15

15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

I am chief of sinners here is in the present tense, its a present indicative verb, I am presently chief of sinners, because his sin nature which he received from his union with adam the corruptible seed 1 Pet 1:23, it has not been changed or altered in any way, its just as depraved as it was coming out of his mother's womb, as it is with all the Election of Grace.

So to be Born Again is not the New Birth of the Old Man Adam, but it is the addition or the uniting,adjoining of a New Man, Born from Above out of Incorruptible Seed, The Word of God, who sits on the Right Hand of God, and herein this New Man lies Righteousness and True Holiness Eph 4:23-24

23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;

24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

We know the Old Man is still near by what is said in Vs 22

22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;

That's we can say with Paul Rom 7:21

I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil[of a bad nature] is present with me.

That's the old man, the flesh, because as Jesus said Jn 3:6

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 8

5. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Spirit of Life is because of Righteousness !

Rom 8:10

10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

The Lord Jesus Christ, the Last Adam was made a quickening Spirit unto all for whom He represented, and did satisfy God's Law and Justice in behalf of 1 Cor 15:45

45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam[Jesus Christ] was made a quickening spirit.

As the Elect received their physical life from the first adam, so they receive their Spiritual life from the Last Adam.

Now all for whom Christ acted in the capacity as a Mediator Head, to them Righteousness has been Imputed, and all to whom this Righteousness has been Imputed, the Spirit is directed by the Mediator Head to give Life to them, because of Righteousness. Where there is Righteousness the result is Life Prov 11:19

As righteousness tendeth to life: so he that pursueth evil pursueth it to his own death.

Prov 12:28

In the way of righteousness is life: and in the pathway thereof there is no death.

Rom 5:17

For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

Now because of His Righteousness Imputed to them, Life is their reward and due, not for their sakes, or anything they acted, but on account of Christ's active obedience being imputed to them as their Righteousness Rom 8:2

2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

All for whom Christ Jesus died, have been set free from death by the Law for their sin and accounted Righteous, and so as proof of the same, they receive the Spirit from Christ which quickens them to Life ! 9

6. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because of the depravity of man !

Because of the depravity of man by nature, and its so bad, its called spiritual death or being spiritually dead, and hence in order for him [generically] to make any act Godward or towards God like Acts 20:21

21 Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

He would have to be born again. Jesus makes it clear here Jn 3:3-5

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Or he would have to be born anew, or quickened / made alive, begotten again 1 Pet 1:3, or given new life by the Spirit, or he cannot see or enter the Kingdom of God.

The word see in Jn 3:3 greek word Eido, it means :

to see to perceive with the eyes
    to perceive by any of the senses
    to perceive, notice, discern, discover
    to see i.e. to turn the eyes, the mind, the attention to anything
    to pay attention, observe
    to see about something 1d

i.e. to ascertain what must be done about it to inspect, examine
    to look at, behold
    to experience any state or condition
    to see i.e. have an interview with, to visit

to know to know of anything
    to know, i.e. get knowledge of, understand, perceive

Its a mental/spiritual perception, not physical seeing with the physical eye gate, but its comprehending spiritual realities with the heart. Unless man is given a celestial birth from above,he will never have a heart that understands the Truths about the Lord Jesus Christ and His Cross, nor ears to hear it, because of mans corrupt nature, the things of God and His Son are beyond his ability to understand; and not until a New Birth from above, into that Kingdom, Zion man cannot receive with understanding its Gospel Mysteries Matt 13:11-13

11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

12 For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.

13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.

7. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because of the depravity of man ! 2

In speaking on the subject of being born again, Jesus uses the analogy of birth for a good reason simply because as it is in a man's physical birth, likewise the New Birth from above is not something the man does to or for himself, yet its something done unto him, man is totally passive and did absolutely nothing to cause it or bring it about, his will was not needed or consulted at anytime, neither did he make a decision about it ! John summed it up Jn 1:13

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

of His own will James 1:18

18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

The begetting of us by His Own Will is a Gift from above James 1:17 The Gift is not something offered for ones acceptance, but something done for one in a Sovereign manner !

The New Birth is what is called a benefaction, its a Gift in that respect. A benefaction means:

an act of conferring a benefit; the doing of good; a good deed

Now being Born again is all God's Will and decision and purpose, not the one whose going to be born, neither does God force anyone to be born again, as much as He did not force anyone to be born physically ! Even that life is a Sovereign Gift !

Now Listen ones Spiritual Birth is of God's own will in the same manner as Isaac was to Sarah and Abraham. Now God promised them a son Gen 18:10,14

10 And he said, I will certainly return unto thee according to the time of life; and, lo, Sarah thy wife shall have a son. And Sarah heard it in the tent door, which was behind him.

14 Is any thing too hard for the Lord? At the time appointed I will return unto thee, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son.

Now whose will was it that Isaac would be born ? Whose will determined it ? Was it Isaacs will or decision that he be born ? Did God force Isaac to be born ? Was it even Abraham's and Sarah's will that Isaac be born ?

Gen 21:1-2

And the Lord visited Sarah as he had said, and the Lord did unto Sarah as he had spoken.

2 For Sarah conceived, and bare Abraham a son in his old age, at the set time of which God had spoken to him.

That word bare means to :

I.to bear, bring forth, beget, gender, travail

The same Idea as in James 1:18

18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

And as we saw with Issac's birth by the will of God, so it is with all who shall be born of the Spirit or born again,in fact all believers are as Issac was to Abraham, Children of Promise Gal 4:28

28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.

Gal 3:29

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

This means that believers in Christ come to be in the same manner as Isaac became Abraham's son, by God's promise to Abraham !

And this entails being born again after the Spirit as Isaac was Gal 4:28-29

28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.

29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.

8. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because of the depravity of man ! 3

This is more on why the New Birth is of necessity to believe the Gospel. What religionists do not realize is that Faith or believing in Christ in a Gospel conversion experience, that having understanding is a must. Remember what Jesus said about the different soils which represented the hearts, on which the word or the Gospel is sown ? Notice that the only one that had a positive fruitful conversion result was this one Matt 13:23

But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

Yes Hearing and Understanding go together in Hearing the Gospel. Remember Jesus stated once Jn 8:43

Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

Yes the one which hears the word and understands it brings forth fruit of Faith.

You see we believe with and understand with the heart Rom 10:9-10

9That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Now also we must understand with the Heart for conversion Jn 12:40

He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.

This verse definitely points out the need to understand with the heart to be converted ! See Matt 13:15 also to this point !

The word converted means change as in change ones mind which is repentance ! 9

9. Silverhair

Silverhair Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Agreed , no man is righteous until they trust in the Son and God saves them.

Rom 3:21 But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets,
    Rom 3:22 even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe. For there is no difference;
    Rom 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
    Rom 3:24 being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus,
    Rom 3:25 whom God set forth as a propitiation by His blood, through faith, to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His forbearance God had passed over the sins that were previously committed,
    Rom 3:26 to demonstrate at the present time His righteousness, that He might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.
    Rom 3:27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? Of works? No, but by the law of faith.
    Rom 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith apart from the deeds of the law.
    Rom 3:29 Or is He the God of the Jews only? Is He not also the God of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also,
    Rom 3:30 since there is one God who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through faith.
    Rom 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? Certainly not! On the contrary, we establish the law.

10. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    silverhair

No man seeks God unless Jesus saves/regenerates them. Man by nature dont seek the True God, none Rom 3:11

11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because of the depravity of man ! 4

We have seen that in conversion, Faith and Repentance, Gospel hearing, that understanding is a must Matt 13:23 and without it, there cannot be any conversion as described in Rom 10:9-10, for there simply is no believing in the heart and with the heart without understanding.

Now scripture is quite clear in informing us that man by nature, the natural man, the unregenerate man al of them are without understanding Read Rom 3:11

11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

Mine you, the word understaneth is the same greek word for understandeth in Matt 13:23

23 But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

That should tell us something about the one in Matt 13:23, the good ground hearer with understanding ! Its a born again person with a new heart !

As you can see the indictment of the natural man in Rom 3:11, nor does he seek after the True God which is actually the same word used in Heb 11:6 when identifying Faith that pleases God Heb 11:6

6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

This should tell us something to ! That the one seeking God is also not a man by nature, but an born again one, because none by nature seek God according to Rom 3:11 !

Now this is spiritual understanding we are referring to, and by nature we do not understand. Eph 4:18 our understanding is darkened by nature, and so in this spiritual condition by nature we are not capable of believing in a conversion experience the Gospel of God. Its only if we have been born again that Gospel Preaching is going to convert us, but if its preached just to the natural man, its worthless as to conversion, and it conversion is not even possible, unless its a counterfeit one ! That's why all for whom Christ died, He gives them New Birth to prepare them for Gospel Obedience and Conversion !

12. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ye must be born again.

Jn 3:7

Now who shall be the subjects of Regeneration or New Birth or Quickening, for they are all the same Blessing and indicative of New Life; But who does the scripture as the subjects of this New Life or New Birth ?

First they are the Elect of God 1 Pet 1:2-3

2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

They are the objects of His Great Love Eph 2:4-5

4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)

Those whom Christ redeemed are subjects of New Birth again 1 Pet 1:18-19

18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

These redeemed with the precious blood are said to have been begotten again by the Resurrection of Christ from the dead back in Vs 3, which correlates with Eph 2:4-5

He quickens those who are dead Eph 2:1,5

And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)

For if one was not dead, as many religionists falsely believe, then they needed not to be made alive ! 9

13. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    To be given a Spirit of Obedience !

By nature, all men, to include the elect themselves, are given and are energized by a spirit of disobedience/ unbelief Eph 2:1-3

And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

This is an undeniable fact ! All the Elect of God due to the fall in adam, God consigned them all [jew and gentile elect] to disobedience or as it is called unbelief here Rom 11:32

32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

The word unbelief here is the greek word apeitheia and means:

I.obstinacy, obstinate opposition to the divine will

And its Translate 3 times in the NT as disobedience : One here Eph 2:2
    Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: G543

And we all are under the control of that spirit while in a spiritually dead state of unregeneracy.

Now in the New Birth, God gives the redeemed a Spirit of Obedience, that's conducive to obeying God's Will !

The Prophets of old foretold it Ezk 36:25-27

25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Notice, after putting His Spirit in them it causes a different walk as opposed to the walk in the flesh [Eph 2:2] by the spirit of disobedience, but this Spirit causes them to walk in God's statutes, judgments and do them or obey them !

Peter knows that those who are obeying have been given the Spirit as projected in Ezk 36:27 when He writes here Acts 5:32

32 And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

The obeying of God is an evidence of having been given the Spirit that causes obedience as Per Ezk 36:27

Folks it cannot be made more plainer that this is the fulfillment of that prophecy !

Peter again states that Obedience is the result of the Spirit here 1 Pet 1:2

Again, this is describing what was foretold here Ezk 36:26-27

To do them, means to perform them, to comply with them, to act them, to behave them !

Paul preached the same doctrine, that the Spirit causes Obedience to the Truth 2 Thess 2:13

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Or obeying the Truth as Per Gal 3:1

O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?

Gal 5:7

Ye did run well; who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth?

or obey the Gospel of Truth 2 Thess 1:8

In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

And unfortunately, but according to God's Will of purpose, none can obey the Truth unless energized by the Spirit of Truth, a Spirit of obedience given in New Birth, because before New Birth, we only are being energized by the spirit of disobedience Eph 2:2

2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

To produce obedience, God gives the Spirit of Obedience in New Birth Ezk 36:27

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.9

14. Alan Gross

Alan Gross Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist

King James Bible
    "But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord,
    because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation
    through sanctification of the Spirit
    and belief of the truth:"

1.) The Elect* and Saved**: brethren beloved of the Lord,
    2.) because God hath from the beginning chosen* you to salvation**
    3.) through sanctification of the Spirit
    4.) and belief of the truth:

Any time, "belief", is mentioned, or for someone to, "believe", "choose", "have faith", "decide", etc.,
    it is implied, by The TEACHINGS of HOW GOD SAVES SOULS
    that there are other things that come, beforehand.

The dead lightbulb seems to come to life at the same time the switch is turned on,
    but, logically and chronologically, THE SWITCH HAS TO BE TURNED on,
    and "Quickening" Power Generated by the Power of Jesus Christ, THE SAVIOR,
    Who Has Power Over Death, to GIVE ETERNAL LIFE to "as many" as God Has Given Him.

1).-3.), are implied and 4.) The Truth Believed is the Gospel of Jesus' Death, Burial, and Resurrection where GOD HAS GIVEN THE BELIEF.

The dead soul Must Be Born Again, or Quickened to Eternal Life by God.

There is ONE WAY God Saves souls and it is He Who has Convicted and Quickened you who were dead, prior to God GIVING Repentance Faith-Belief-Faith-Choosing Power.

Romans 7:7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Howbeit, I had not known sin, except through the law: for I had not known coveting, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet:

8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.

9 And I was alive apart from the law once: but when the commandment came,
    sin revived, and I died;

There are no second, third, or fourth "gospels", later in The New Testament where God says, "believe" and the dead soul comes up with "self-quickening from-the dead" Power, of their own.

King James Bible, Psalm 110:3;
    "Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power",

There is WONDERWORKING POWER in The PRECIOUS BLOOD of THE LAMB.

15. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    silverhair

Wrong, one is first righteous then trust in the Lord, the righteous trust in the Lord Ps 64:10

The righteous shall be glad in the Lord, and shall trust in him; and all the upright in heart shall glory.

Ps 9:10

10 And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, Lord, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.

People are predestnated to trust in God in Christ

Rom 15:12

And again, Esaias saith, There shall be a root of Jesse, and he that shall rise to reign over the Gentiles; in him shall the Gentiles trust.

The shalls of God are sure, because He has determined it !

#75 Brightfame52, Aug 7, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2022
  16. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ye must be born again !

Jn 3:7

And this means for one, that we must be in Christ as His Seed, when He was raised from the dead, after having been delivered to death for the sins of His Seed Isa 53:10 ; 1 Pet 1:3; Rom 4:25; New Birth can only be ours through that means; In other words there had to be a Union with Christ when He died, was buried, and was raised again; and its that Union with Him that ensures our being born again, and thats part of the Gospel 1 Cor 15:3-4 !

Just as Christ, the Head was raised from the dead, so likewise, shall His seed walk in newness of Life Rom 6:4

Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Which newness of Life comes from being begotten again by the Resurrection of Christ from the dead 1 Pet 1:3

The word begotten again is the greek word anagennaō and means:

I.
    to produce again, be born again, born anew

II.
    metaph. to have one's mind changed so that he lives a new life and one conformed to the will of God

Thats the newness of Life indicated in Rom 6:4

4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Thats describing New Birth, so in other words, everyone Christ died for, because of their Union with Him when He died and rose, should be born again into Newness of Life !

17. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why the necessity of the New Birth to Believe !

Why the necessity of the New Birth to Believe and or receive the Truth ? You see believing the Truth is receiving the Love of it, its not just an Intellectual mind acceptance, though an mind comprehension is required, For Paul writes that the reprobate receive not the Love of the Truth 2 Thess 2:10

And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

Receiving the Love of the Truth denotes an Heart felt affection for it, which is given in the New Birth as described in Heb 8:10

10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

Please notice here the law of God being put into the Mind and written in the Heart, which Law converts the soul Ps 19:7

7 The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple.

Its put into the Mind, the Intellect for Spiritual persuasion and intelligent understanding, for by nature the mind is darkened Eph 4:18

Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:

The word understanding dianoia means:

the mind as a faculty of understanding, feeling, desiring

But the Heart goes deeper, its root into the affections, and it becomes something we love, David said Ps 119:97

O how love I thy law! it is my meditation all the day.

Ps 119:163

I hate and abhor lying: but thy law do I love.

See David as well as all True Believers had experienced the New Covenant Mercy of Heb 8:10, God's Gospel Laws in Christ written in his heart.

Recall how Jesus implied that some receive the Truth in their minds only, yet without it being rooted in their hearts and affections, the stony heart hearers Matt 13:20-21

20 But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it;

21 Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.

As you can see, it was received in the mind with joy Vs 20 but in Vs 21 it took no heart root !

See Mark 4:16-17 ; Luke 8:13 !

This happens when we have but a carnal intellectual acceptance of the Truth, much like the ones of 2 Peter 2:20-21,

But it was not both Intellectual and affectionately heart felt and embraced by the Power of the Holy Spirit, when Believing is the result of the New Covenant Blessing, it reaches both Mind and Heart and so Heb 8:10 is evident. The Sanctifying Work of the Spirit in us, not only gives us belief of the Truth as Per 2 Thess 2:13, but Love of it as well 2 Thess 2:10

10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

In order to receive it in the Love of it, the Truth, therein lies the necessity of the New Birth Heb 8:10 ! 10

18. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    Its evidence of Christ dying for us and rising again !

The New Birth is that evidence that Jesus Christ both died and rose again as our Surety and Saviour . Its very simple here, for instance, when adam sinned as our natural head, the consequences thereof is that we all by nature are born with a nature suitable to evidence that we are sinners, we inherit it; So likewise, when Christ our Spiritual Head obeyed the Law for us, the consequences thereof is that we all shall be given a Nature by New Birth suitable to evidence that we are made Righteous.

This is also what Rom 5:19 means

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

The word made is the greek word kathistémi and one of its meanings is:

I set down, bring down to a place; I set in order, appoint, make, constitute.

This word constitute conveys Two Ideals,#1 to declare, show to be

In other words, we shall be declared or showed to be sinners based upon what adam did as our head !

#2 to render, make, cause to be"

This denotes the creation aspect of being shown to be either sinners or righteous . If Christ died for us and made us righteous just as sure as adam sinned for us and made us sinners, then just as sure as we did receive a birth and nature evidencing it, so likewise just as sure we shall receive a birth and nature evidencing we have been made Righteous !

Peter means this very thing here 2 Pet 1:3-4

3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

By Divine Nature we understand a Spiritual Nature by New Birth, which is of a Divine Source !

And so we partake of a Spiritual Nature as Proof/evidence of Christ obeying and making us Righteous, just as we partook of a corrupt nature as proof/evidence of adam disobeying and making us sinners !

19. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because of enmity against God !

One of the reasons, and a important one at that, as to why one must be born again before they believe on Christ, Obey the Gospel as these did not do Rom 10:16

But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?

And how these do Rom 6:17

17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.

Its because By nature, all men are at enmity to God and not subject to the Law of God, and more importantly" NEITHER INDEED CAN BE "

Dont just take my word for it, here its stated by the Word of God Rom 8:7-8

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

You may say, but that says, they are not subject to the Law of God ! Thats Right, which means they cannot be subject to God Period ! God is His Law, there is No God without God's Law !

Also the word Law in Rom 8:7 is not just specifically speaking of God's Law of Moses or the Ten Commandments, Paul Law in general, because the enmity is against God, so the word Law NOMOS:

usage, custom, law; in NT: of law in general, plur: of divine laws; of a force or influence impelling to action; of the Mosaic law; meton: of the books which contain the law, the Pentateuch, the Old Testament scriptures in general.

(nómos) is used of: a) the Law (Scripture), with emphasis on the first five books of Scripture; or b) any system of religious thinking (theology), especially when nomos occurs without the Greek definite article.

The Carnal mind is not subject to the Commanding of God, and it cannot be.

Now with this fact established any Gospel Commands such as Repentance Acts 17:31

30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

Believing on the Name of Christ as Commanded by God 1 Jn 3:23

23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

So without first being Born Again, to bring one out of the domain of the carnal flesh, man cannot obey any Gospel Command of Faith and Repentance toward God Acts 20:21

21 Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

And remember the carnal mind is enmity against God Rom 8:7

So it cant have repentance toward God, its Impossible !

20. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    New Birth/Regeneration before Repentance to God !

Repentance in Gospel Obedience is required as an evidence of a work of grace in ones heart, thats why the Apostles were commanded to preach it Lk 24:46-47

46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:

47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Acts 20:21

Repentance towards God denotes a turning from evil, a departing from it Ezk 14:6

Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord God; Repent, and turn yourselves from your idols; and turn away your faces from all your abominations.

Ezk 18:30

Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel, every one according to his ways, saith the Lord God. Repent, and turn yourselves from all your transgressions; so iniquity shall not be your ruin.

Man by nature however cannot repent towards God, neither can he be subject to God Rom 8:7

But in the Covenant of Mercy, God has provided for His Covenant Peoples repentance, for He has promised in Covenant Faithfulness to put the Fear of God in them that they shall not depart from Him Jer 32:40

And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; but I will put my fear in their hearts, that they shall not depart from me.

God does them good, by putting His Fear in their hearts, for you know , man by nature has not this fear of God before their eyes Rom 3:18

There is no fear of God before their eyes.

Yet its only when we receive of this Fear of God in our hearts, a product of regenerating Grace from the Spirit, its then we depart from evil Job 28:28

And unto man he said, Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding.

But the Fear of the Lord is Just the beginning of Wisdom Ps 111:10

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.

Prov 9:10

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

Christ gives us the Spirit of Wisdom in measure because He is the Head of the Body Isa 11:1-3

And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots:

2 And the spirit of the Lord shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord;

3 And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the Lord: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears:

Prov 14:27

[B]The fear of the Lord is a fountain of life, to depart from the snares of death.[/B]

Thats how we depart from evil, from the snares of death, by the Fear of the Lord !

Yet the Fear of the Lord is non existent in every unregenerate man and women !

But without it, there is no Repentance towards God, so when one does Truly Repent towards God as exhorted, its an evidence of Regenerating Grace by the Spirit at work bringing forth fruit unto repentance ! 11