1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Yet another bomb plot foiled...

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by rbell, Dec 9, 2010.

1. rbell

rbell Active Member

...this one was a military recruitment center.

SOURCE

OK, multiple-choice test. You've got a fella trying to blow up a recruitment center here in the US (Baltimore, to be exact). The cretin was given a fake bomb, and he tried to blow it up (so little doubt of guilt, or intent). Now...for the big question (which you won't likely hear from the media): The goon's name was...(pick one)

(a) Ralphie
    (b) Tyrone
    (c) Esteban
    (d) Yao
    (e) Muhammad

If you get this one wrong, please do agree to never be a schoolteacher, and never run for public office. (However, you are more than welcome to be an MSNBC commentator).

2. billwald

billwald New Member

Homeland Security is sooooooo superior that they have stopped all acts of terrorism in the last several years . . . maybe we should let the feds take over all local, county and state police departments.

Or maybe American terrorists are sooooooo stupid . . . .

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Or would this person have ever done this without encouragement by government agents?

4. Thousand Hills

Thousand Hills Active Member

(f) Billy Bob

I heard about this on the news this morning, here was the quote from his former girlfriend, that I thought was odd.

A former girlfriend, Alisha Legrand, said she met him three or four years ago — before he became a Muslim — and described him as quiet. The two last spoke over the summer and Legrand, 20, said Martinez tried to get her to convert.

"He said he tried the Christian thing. He just really didn't understand it," she said, adding that he seemed to have his life under control after converting to Islam.

5. billwald

billwald New Member

Agree, Christianity is a bit strange and hard to understand. If it was easy the same people would not be arguing the same stuff on this list for 10 years.

6. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Looking at all the past cases I'd have to say no. In almost all of the cases I've looked at so far there is always an "informant" working for the government who goes out and recruits a few idiots, works up a plan and provides the materials. Then this "informant" snitches on his followers just in the nick of time to save the day.

Take away the government (paid?) informant and what are you left with?

A few idiots who don't have a plan or the where with all to carry one out if they did have a plan.

So far these so called "terror plots" have all been about grabbing headlines and increasing funding for government agencies. And of course to jusify the costly and ineffective global "war on terror" and the domestic militarized police state that people like Micheal Chertoff are making so much money building.

#6 poncho, Dec 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2010
  7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for taking my comment and running with it, poncho. Excellent points! :thumbs:

8. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

It's nothing Ken. I just pointed out the obvious and the obvious is so obvious now that even Geraldo Rivera has noticed it.

http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?t=69133