1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

You can almost always see them coming...

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by All about Grace, Sep 26, 2005.

1. King James Bond

King James Bond New Member

All about Grace,

I do not have years of theology school. I do not have all sorts of degrees. I am just a basic simple man.

I have this real true gut feeling that this entire topic got off to a bad start.

The first post was already a give away.

I would think it best for your sake, as well as for the sakes of others on this board, that we all plead with the moderators to simply remove this entire thread from this debate forum.

It is only a suggestion. I hope you understand that I DO NOT HATE YOU!

I may be quite able to point out many things you say that I do not agree with.

If I say black is white and white is black I have spoken with a forked tongue. If you see me doing such a thing you have every right to tell me.

I find that fools do not want wisdom and the wise do not need it.

I am many times both!

I am far from perfect and although I have pounded on you constantly for reasons I think are valid......I hope you sleep in peace at night knowing I do not hate you.

You are a Christian......you are my brother even if you do behave silly and do things I do not think are right! ;)

May I ask if you think Arminians have a proper view of their position in regard to what has saved them?

It is a simple question and not a trick one.

I hope everybody votes to abolish this thread.

God bless, KJB

2. All about Grace

All about Grace New Member

I will let this be my final post on this thread.

I apologize to KJB for allowing you to bait me into responding to you. You have actually proven my point better than anything I could have said or argued. So thank you.

I don't "hate" you. I don't even know you. I have not missed a wink of sleep nor thought seriously about anything you have said. While I don't care for continual personal attacks from someone who doesn't know me, I don't take them to heart. As I have said, BB is just entertainment for me. I have never changed a view or given second thought to my beliefs because of something written on here. My beliefs are sharpened in ways other than posting on an anonymous fundamentalist-inclined board. It is just fun to stir the pot on occasion.

And yes I do believe everything I wrote regarding the church's responsiblity to engage unbelievers (and so much more that I did not write but am sure I will share at some point on some thread).

I would simply add -- our worship is designed to bring glory to God and engage the participant.

I have said from the beginning. I believe God saves and preserves.

THE END. [​IMG] :cool:

3. whatever

whatever New Member

gb,

True worship ought to make disobedient Christians uncomfortable. It probably ought to make unbelievers uncomfortable also, since by their very nature they are disobedient. It should either drive them to Christ or drive them away from Christ. You will get no argument from me about anything that you said.

4. whatever

whatever New Member

No argument here. God's blessings on you and your church.

5. King James Bond

King James Bond New Member

All about Grace posted,

I agree! I figured that was what you believed. By the way I am not trying to bait you.

I would suppose that means you are answering they (Arminians) do not have a proper view of the sovereign aspect of God in salvation?

Our position (yours and mine) is that we were helpless and God saved us by His power, thus He is our Lord and Savior. Correct?

Their position is that He has no power to save but only the power to offer salvation, thus their view and position would have to be that they are their own saviors.

I would say it is a gigantic difference and possibly one with eternal ramifications.

One view is that man is sovereign in salvation while the other is that God is sovereign in salvation........seems like quite an important aspect if one is to know the Lord.

Cousin Eddy has never kept me awake either! LOL

You do not have to respond since you wanted it to be your last post....it is up to you.

You could start a whole new thread! It could be (I knew cousin Eddy would show up, I could almost see him coming).....LOL

Take care.

KJB