1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Your KJVO myth is false.

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by robycop3, Feb 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

What do you mean by "the original NKJV"?
    I consult both of those translations. I have editions of both. You can also find them on line. They are a God-send.
    I compare translations a great deal --that's one of my go-to translations.

Where is the ESV, NASB, CSB, NET, LEB, CEB, NLT and NIV? They are still here and going strong!​

2. One Baptism

One Baptism Active Member

God's word?

Judges 1:14 NEB - When she came to him, he incited her to ask her father for a piece of land. As she sat on the ass, she broke wind, and Caleb said, 'What did you mean by that?

If it is not God's Holy word, but is rather to be found a cruel and malicious interjection by an unsanctified man [a Judas], then my statement already begins to appear true.

3. One Baptism

They make running changes and do not tell you outright:

KJB:

Zechariah 13:6 KJB - “... What are these wounds in thine hands? ...”

John 20:25 KJB - The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the Lord. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe.​

NKJV:

NKJV [1982 ver.] Zechariah 13:6 “... What are these wounds in your hands? ...”

NKJV [1994/2011 ver.] Zechariah 13:6 “... What are these wounds between your arms? ...”

NKJV [1994/2011 ver.] John 20:25 The other disciples therefore said to him, “We have seen the Lord.” So he said to them, “Unless I see in His hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe.”​

KJB:

Philippians 2:6 KJB - Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:​

NKJV:

NKJV [1979 ed.] “Who, being in the very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped.”

NKJV [2011 ed.] “who, [a] being in the form of God, did not consider it [1] robbery to be equal with God.”

NKJV [2011 ed.] “[1] Or something to be held onto to be equal”​

4. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I see you're just chock-full of false doctrines, proving a theory of mine that believing one FD of faith/worship keeps satan's foot in the door to allow others to come in.

First, the whole SDA thingie is a cult, "having a form of godliness, but denying its POWER.".

Second, the KJV is but ONE ENGLISH TRANSLATION of God's word. It is NOT the ONLY valid English Bible translation. That idea is false & man-made.

Third, the whole false "Psalm 12:6-7 thingie" comes straight from Dr. W's book, which is the "foundation stone" of the current KJVO myth. While he didn't originate that false idea, it was drawn from his book by later KJVOs. However, that doctrine is FALSE, and is proven false by the words of the very makers of the AV 1611, who included this footnote for the 2nd them in Psalm 12:7 - "Heb. him, I. Euery one of them.". They knew that verse is about PEOPLE, and subbed the plural them for the singular I.

And Dr. W was a friend of EGW's, and held her writings to be on a par with Scripture. So, I place but little stock in anything he wrote.

AND...

BY WHAT AUTHORITY do you believe the KJVO myth? It's NOT found in the KJV itself! In fact, the AV men themselves were NOT KJVO, as they indicated in their preface to the AV 1611 So again, what's your AUTHORITY for KJVO?

5. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The NEB is hardly ever used these days. It's successor --the REB has scant more readers. I will let you know if the reading is different or not.

6. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, I WON'T.

Why?

Because, in using it, I'm referring to the CURRENT EDITION of the KJVO myth. There have been KJVOs since 1611, same as there were "Geneva Onlyists", etc. before then.

But the PRESENT KJVO myth was definitely drawn from Dr. W's book by two dishonest "authors" who legally plagiarized his book, as he couldn't get a USA copyright for it. Those "authors" were "J. J. Ray" and Dr. D. O. Fuller. Using modern media to hawk their wares, they started the current KJVO myth.

How do I know? I lived thru it. I'm almost 70 years old & have seen most of the sad results of the current KJVO myth, having been a Christian since Nov. 22, 1978.

7. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    One could start by not believing the goofy writings of either Matthew Verschuur or Nic Kizziah.

8. One Baptism

Understood. However, are you seriously considering the evidences of the various positions in this thread, as an educational tool?

In the NIV, what is God's name? I know what it is in the King James Bible [even if people disagree with the translation of the Hebrew, I do not think so at all though]

Do these NIV texts even make sense? Honestly.

Exodus 6:3 KJB - And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.

Exodus 6:3 NIV - I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac and to Jacob as God Almighty,[a] but by my name the Lord I did not make myself fully known to them.​

Psalms 83:18 KJB - That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth.

Psalms 83:18 NIV - Let them know that you, whose name is the Lord — that you alone are the Most High over all the earth.
    His name is "the Lord", in the NIV? That is not a name. It is not even a transliteration of the Hebrew letters. Would the NIV say that the name of Jesus in Hebrew or Koine Greek is?

#88 One Baptism, Mar 1, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  9. One Baptism

Indeed, two more 'peter'[ed] out ...

10. One Baptism

So, do you have any texts that demonstrate that God would preserve His word by promise?

I do.

Psalms 12:6-7 KJB:

Context:

Psalms 12:1 KJB - To the chief Musician upon Sheminith, A Psalm of David. Help, LORD; for the godly man ceaseth; for the faithful fail from among the children of men.

Psalms 12:2 KJB - They speak vanity every one with his neighbour: with flattering lips and with a double heart do they speak.

Psalms 12:3 KJB - The LORD shall cut off all flattering lips, and the tongue that speaketh proud things:

Psalms 12:4 KJB - Who have said, With our tongue will we prevail; our lips are our own: who is lord over us?

Psalms 12:5 KJB - For the oppression of the poor, for the sighing of the needy, now will I arise, saith the LORD; I will set him in safety from him that puffeth at him.

Psalms 12:6 KJB - The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.

Psalms 12:7 KJB - Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.

Psalms 12:8 KJB - The wicked walk on every side, when the vilest men are exalted.​

The context is the contrast between the flattering words of double hearted men who will be "cut off" [cease, disappear, annihilate], with the pure words of God who preserves them [keeps them]. What is the closest antecedant to the English "them", words or people?

Do you know that Jesus is the word of the NT that was purified 7 times? There are 7 trials ... [this is the short version]

11. One Baptism

Paul wrote certain of the OT text in the NT, and thus translated the Hebrew into the Koine Greek. How many Koine Greek translations should we have for what Paul used from the OT?

12. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Something you missed in the KJV.(NOT "KJB"!) - Psalm 12:6 is a COMPARISON between God's words & the purest earthly thing David knew of, silver refined 7 times, which was the standard for silver used in Tabernacle instruments.

God's words are pure from the instant He utters them. They do not, and did not need refining!

And there are many other Scriptures saying God will preserve His word to man. I don't believe there's any question of that.

But I see you're avoiding my question of what your AUTHORITY is for believing the man-made KJVO myth. Without any authority, it can only be false.

13. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Only those actually made by Paul.

14. One Baptism

Ok, thank you.

15. One Baptism

Yep.

Good, could you list those for me please?

16. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would say that the 119th Psalm is a testimony to the preservation of God's word.

Psalm 119:89 Forever, O LORD, Your word is settled in heaven.

17. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, the KJV is among the most accurate translations we have today, as long as you understand the English. (And I'm not KJVO.)

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. delizzle

delizzle Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jehovah is not the true name of God. It's been lost. The closest we have is an unpronounceable abbriviation "YHWH". Thus, "Lord" would be a more accurate title for God over "Jehovah".

19. delizzle

delizzle Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thou shalt not kill.
    Exodus 20:13 KJV

Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.
    Numbers 31:17‭-‬18 KJV

So, why the contradiction?

20. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wholeheartedly agree. However, we Baptist for the most part are a cloistered folk with our KJV bibles (those who prefer them).
    Even in my KJVO days (60's - 70's) we had problems sharing His word with the public.

I still have an unashamed love for the KJV - Cambridge, Oxford or Nelson (Oxford preference) as long as its NOT red letter (almost impossible to find anymore).

However when I teach I make a composite of the KJV, modern texts and if necessary my own translation researched English.

Christmas just wouldn't be Christmas without Luke Chapters 1 and 2 read from A King James Bible!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.