1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Your view on abortion

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by SaggyWoman, Mar 29, 2008.

?
  1. Abortion is wrong.

65 vote(s)
    84.4%
  2. Abortion is wrong only after 3 months.

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  3. Abortion is wrong only after six months.

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  4. Abortion is wrong only if the one carrying the baby thinks it is wrong.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. There is nothing wrong with abortion.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Other answer

10 vote(s)
    13.0%
  1. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Hey Standing Firm, you just murdered my mother and in doing so murdered me as well. I am the child that was born after my parents "terminated" a tubal pregnancy.

So you gonna sit there and tell me I shouldn't have been born and my brother should have been raised motherless?

Oh wait! All that stuff about "children are an heritage from the Lord'? You think God rewarded my parents with me because why? After all, they murdered my predessor. Tell me just how God works all that.

#201 menageriekeeper, Apr 9, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2008
  2. standingfirminChrist

Are you going to tell me God allows a pregnancy just to allow man to murder the fetus?

3. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

In some cases yes, Standing Firm, I'm telling you exactly that.

You think there weren't any pregnant women among those God ordered killed in the taking of Canaan? Was their death at the hands of the Isrealites really any different than if their parents had chosen to do the killing instead? The unborn still ended up dead!

Here's another for you. I know a certain lady who had a tubal pregnancy, terminated it and found out she was still pregnant with a twin. You think she should have allowed herself and the then unknown babe to die or maybe God gave us brains and He expects us to use them.

btw, I added to my last post. you might want to go back read the addition. Then again, it hardly helps support your position so, maybe you don't want to answer it.

4. standingfirminChrist

read your last post. I am sorry you don't believe children are an heritage from the Lord and the fruit of the womb His reward. as the Word of God says.

Did it ever occur to you that with faith, God could have saved that child?

People may have faith, but apparently only in certain situations. When it comes to medical issues, God apparently doesn't know as much as doctors from what I read from many.

Well, my faith is in God concerning me and my family in all areas of my life.

As I am considered a heretic and a hypocrite for my faith in God, this will be my last post in this thread.

5. D28guy

D28guy New Member

StandingFirm,

I'll answer that after you answer the question I have asked of you about 3 times, with no response.

Why are you advocating the murder of the wife?

In the situation, they were told that if you save the baby, the mom dies.(and in Anns case, they BOTH die!)

You are saying they should save the baby...since murder is wrong...yet you are murdering the mom.

God gave life to that mom, yet...using the logic you are employing....you are advocating murdering the mom.

Why are you advocating MURDER, StandingFirm?

Show me a scripture that tells me that the life that God gave...the mom...is worthy of death?

Mike

#205 D28guy, Apr 10, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2008
  6. D28guy

D28guy New Member

Well, I see that SFIC has "signed" off from this thread, so I guess my question will never be answered.

This is one of the saddest threads I think I have ever read on this board.

Sometimes the time comes...and its happened with me from time to time...when you just have to "man" up and say something like...

"OK...I mispoke there. I can be stubborn and I should have backed off"

Or...

"Alright, it appears that I was wrong. Sorry"

Or...

"You know what? What you are saying makes some sense. I may have to re-think my position".

It seems really hard at 1st, but after you say it, you think..."Well, that wasnt so difficult!" And you actually feel sort of...cleansed. :thumbs:

But to just stubbornly continue on and on and on and on with a clearly wrong...and in this case scripturally wrong...view, is just very sad to observe.

Mike

#206 D28guy, Apr 10, 2008
  7. Rubato 1

Rubato 1 New Member

Sorry, you already lost that argument:

Regarding standing aside and not 'interfering in the course of events' from post#'s 166, 168

8. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

This statement is incorrect, Joe. There are too many widows and widowers who are alive and well.

I did not think I could live without my husband either. My husband died when I was 27 and I had 4 young children to raise. All of us are still around. Was it pleasant? Of course not! But we all survived.

Yes, children are a gift from God, SFIC, and He gives them to us to be born into the world. What about a miscarriage? God gave that child just as much as He gives any child, so why does He allow a miscarriage? Please don't say that it is because of the sins of the parents....

God has to allow a miscarriage. You stated that God has never murdered. Wouldn't a miscarriage be murder if God has allowed it? God has ordered many murders to take place in the course of history.

9. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I'm sorry to point out to you that none of us said that we don't believe that children are a heritage from the Lord. We certainly believe that. But guess what? Where is our treasure? In heaven. The two children that God created to die are with Him in heaven worshipping Him. It was not my choice for those 2 babes to die but they did. Why would God create a child to only have them die - because these children WILL die. An ectopic pregnancy or another situation where the mother will certainly die will result in the death of the child. So God creates children to die. Are they any less a heritage? No. You limit God to this world - yet you tell us to not love the things of this world. Interesting dilemma here.

You have very much the beliefs of the Christian Scientists - that if you have enough faith, then God can heal. You know what? All the faith in the world won't heal unless God wills it. There are many people who had a ton of faith who are dead. That little girl that Joe mentioned who died because her parents had enough faith in God that He could heal her is just as dead as someone who didn't have faith. My mother had faith till the end that God could heal her of her breast cancer - yet she's as dead as anyone else who didn't have faith.

Having faith in God that He can heal is wonderful - but sometimes He chooses to heal through doctors. I really honestly pray that no one in your family has to make this choice and that in choosing life, they will receive your full condemnation. That is sad - the lives that will be snuffed out because you decide to not do anything. Have you ever had surgery? Did you not have enough faith that God could heal you otherwise? What about someone who has a dangerous surgery that could potentially risk their life but doing the surgery could save it - it's a 50/50 chance? That's what happened with my infant nephew. They chose to do the surgery because without it he would die. But with it, he could still die because it was delicate surgery.

Why am I wasting my time typing all this? I don't know but it hurts a lot less than this.....:BangHead:

10. Rubato 1

Rubato 1 New Member

Not so fast. I'm going to quote you:

11. Rubato 1

Rubato 1 New Member

Relax. This is SFIC's way of admiting that he has not ground to stand upon. He lost the debate; don't worry about him not admiting it--I think he realizes that it's so obvious, that he doesnt' have to admit it...
    You might be able to ask him in another thread, too...:praying:

IMO,

R1

12. The Scribe

The Scribe New Member

How did he lose or give up? Look at the poll. It's obvious that most people believe abortion is sin and there's no justification for it.

Maybe, he quit replying because we are supposed to knock the dust from our feet when people harden their hearts to the truth and we aren't supposed to cast pearls before swine.

:wavey:

13. rbell

rbell Active Member

do your homework before arguing such a profoundly ignorant set of statements.

Research "ectopic pregnancy" and come back when you are educated.

And yes, SFIC, you are prideful. Someone who cannot admit wrong is prideful. That's you.

14. rbell

rbell Active Member

Another example of your pride. You suppose to know the mind of God. How presumtuous.

15. rbell

rbell Active Member

We've just posted 2 pages of irrefutable facts, and you have just absolutely ignored them all. Nice job.

16. The Scribe

The Scribe New Member

Maybe, lies like abortionists state to make abortion seem like a good thing to do.

You know to get rid of that pesky thing called responsibility.

17. rbell

rbell Active Member

So tell us, O wise one, what you would do if your wife had an ectopic pregnancy?

18. rbell

rbell Active Member

And I guess, you could be honest, and not refer to people like me as "abortionists." I think my position is clear. Thus, you are either being:
    • dishonest;
    • lazy (not reading the dozen times I've condemned abortion...except when the mother's life is in imminent danger);
    • Contrarian (you just want to argue, and will stir stuff up).

19. The Scribe

The Scribe New Member

It's not that I'm lazy, it's that the topic was Your view on abortion being a sin. Then on a Christian site people bring up the slightest things to stir up an argument. Why can't we just agree abortion is a sin and leave it at that?

Instead of bringing up every small problem that could happen.

#219 The Scribe, Apr 10, 2008
  20. rbell

rbell Active Member

Umm....we were discussing the subject of abortion.

Someone expressed that they were against all abortion except when the mother's life was in danger, and it was a "save one, or lose two" situation.

SFIC started the grenade lobbing of the murder charge at that point.

Why do you have a problem with people thoroughly thinking out how they view an issue? Most of us here are crystal clear that we think abortion is murder. But as you can see, many of us have faced on a first-hand basis the situation of someone as described, a "save one or lose two" situation.

Why do you see a problem with people thinking through the issue?

Besides, I strongly believe my position makes much more sense than the "just have faith and do nothing" position of SFIC when it comes to ectopic pregnancy.

And for the record.....yes, I would pray for a miracle. But God has given us doctors, and sometimes medical knowledge and application gets us through the tough times.