1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Youth Pastor, yikes!

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Gina B, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

2. thisnumbersdisconnected

He's not a police officer, not empowered to run a "sting" operation and then beat up the suspect. Yeah, I'd have done the same thing when my daughter was that age if her youth pastor, or anyone else that much older than her, would have texted her like that. But I'd expect to pay the consequences, and unfortunately, so should he.

3. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So many people say black men are not around for their kids. Well, here's a guy working to support his six kids and a trusted youth pastor is hitting on his daughter. Comes over late at night thinking he'll be alone with the man's daughter.

I say, if more fathers protected their homes and kids from predators, we wouldn't have so many child abusers running around. LET THIS DAD OUT OF JAIL NOW! He did the system a big favor. The stupid predator is lucky the guy didn't claim he tried to break and enter and shoot him.

4. Gib

Gib Active Member

Agree with TND. Dad should have involved police as soon as he found out.

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ditto on TND - unless the texter was an immediate physical threat - Dad had not business beating him up.

Reasonal physical force to defuse the threat is the key phrase

6. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

I can understand his anger, but he should've reported it, got a restraining order, and THEN got him to come over any how. :) :wavey: :love2: :smilewinkgrin: