1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Youtube On The Blink For My Class

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Rippon, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This week I'm not using the regular book for the classes I teach. We're taking a break (my call) and instead I am focusing on listening skills.I gave them lyric sheets with some words and phrases missing.We were to watch and hear some old pop songs.Then, table by table, the students were to fill in the missing info.

One youtube video featured the Mills Brothers singing with Dean Martin :Up A Lazy River.

Another was :What A Wonderful World by Sam Cooke.

Doris Troy's Just One Look was also ready to roll among others.

But guess what? The internet went on the blink in my last class.I had to sing and they still managed to get the job done.

We finally did a sing-along to the first two.I can tell you that Up A Lazy River with Dean and the Mills Brothers is as far removed from their pop songs as can be.But they had to endure my rendition.It turned out okay despite the problem.But I hope it will be fixed by tomorrow.

2. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

You sang What a Wonderful World in Korean?

3. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In English man,English.I teach English.And don't get the song confused with Louis Armstrong's hit.

4. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Oh, you're right, I was thinking of the Louis hit...