1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Children whom God hath given me

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Iconoclast, Jun 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrotherJoseph

BrotherJoseph Well-Known Member

Please provide the post that I indicated there are more than one way of salvation. You won't find one and I don't appreciate the false accusations and slander. This actually must be the case for your system if you believe in gospel regeneration as the mentally handicap, the aborted, and infants dying in infancy cannot understand a gospel preacher and thus put faith in what he says. Do you damn all these to Hell or do you have more than one way of salvation for these, which is it? As for if only certain races will be saved, scripture says clearly, "And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation" (Revelation 5:9) and again, "After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;" (Revelation 7:9). These scriptures prove that there will be elect of all types of tribes from every nation, kindred, tribe, and people throughout history, but we also know that not every nation, Kindred, Tribe, or tongue through history have heard the gospel preached by a gospel preacher, thus this refutes your false doctrine of gospel regeneration.

2. BrotherJoseph

3. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It was sick. And you have posted things like that in the past too many times.

It was sick, twisted, perverted, stupid, ungodly and trashy.
    With an apology to everyone here (not just the Calvinists)for saying such evil things.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

5. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, it is not. Where did you get such a silly idea? It stems from the uniform teachings of the B-I-B-L-E.
    You have been warned countless times not to lie. Why do you insist on falsehood?
    Calvinists endorse all of the above. Why the false allegations?

Why can't you learn to quote someone if you believe a wrong teaching is being put forward? Don't make stuff up and ascribe it to others. You are completely unwarranted to do the things you do so routinely.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    :applause::applause::applause::applause:

You notice the same things I do....a few posts back Brother joseph had this observation....

This is a constant problem. People are taking notice.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You have a choice. Calvinism is authored by Calvin or the Council of Dort.
    Certainly not the Word.

The Great Commission is authored by Christ Himself.
    Sorry to burst your bubble.
    Did someone warn me not to quote scripture?
    Did someone warn me not to refute error?

"thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things."
    All of the above things? I simply quoted the Great Commission.

This statement by Bro. Joseph is not in line with the Bible or the Great Commission:

8. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

#308 Iconoclast, Jun 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2015
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

10. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

11. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What he means is that if the only reason people go to hell is by rejecting the gospel, what happens to those who died never hearing it? Quit being this way, mon ami. The Lord doesn't like it when you act out in this fashion.

12. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.outreachmagazine.com/2013-outreach-100-largest-churches-america.html

Look at these churches and their #'s.

The Potter's House 16,140
    Lakewood Church 43,500
    Saddleback Church 22,055
    Second Baptist Church in Houston Ed Young Sr. pastor 20,656
    Phoenix First Assembly of God 21,000
    North Point Ministries 30,629
    Word of Faith Family Worship Cathedral 8,300
    Woodland Church 18,385

Boy, these are some BIG churches that can really make a Christian grow now, can't they? Just because a church has huge #'s, it's no sign that they're building on that solid Foundation, the only Foundation, Christ.

These churches are in spiritual ruin with their beliefs. Look up Jakes, Warren, Stanley, Shook, et al.

13. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    :applause::applause::applause::wavey:

14. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    DHK;

Who mentioned him?????

We are discussing scripture , Hebrews 2:wavey::wavey::thumbs:

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. BrotherJoseph

Quote:
    This preaching the gospel to all only damns more people per your theology

My statement above wasn't in line with the Bible because I was following your faulty doctrines to its logical conclusions. You have said countless times on this thread that men do not go to Hell because not because of their sins, but rather for rejecting the gospel. We can probably both agree more people do not believe the gospel than believe it, thus when you preach the gospel, if your theory is correct you are damning more people than you are saving aren't you? For the fourth time I ask, wouldn't we all be better of by your logic if the gospel was never preached, therefore nobody would be damned for rejecting Christ? This isn't Bible theology, my theology, but yours that you have repeated constantly on this thread-that is that those who go to Hell do so for rejecting the gift of the offer of Christ and not for their sin as Christ has paid the ransom and penalty for it

#315 BrotherJoseph, Jun 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2015
  16. BrotherJoseph

Brpther DHK,

Please answer this question I have now posted several times. If I have to I will start a thread devoted to my unanswered questions just for you, but I hope I won't have to do that.

17. BrotherJoseph

Another dodged previously posted question by Brother DHK and the ever abscent Revmwc. Please answer.

18. BrotherJoseph

Brother DHK,

One final dodged question I post for you giving you another opportunity to answer. I will post a thread on all these question on Tuesday if I don't receive answers.

19. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Okay, I am a Calvinist. I deny unlimited atonement. You say that teaching is a 'damnable heresy'. You say that Calvinism leads to as you typed it 'carnal, giving into immorality, drunkenness.' Now, if I believe in a 'damnable heresy', teach people about this 'damnable heresy', then how can I, being a 'damnable heretic' be saved?

You speak out of both sides of your mouth plus with a double tongue. You, in a thinly-veiled fashion, are calling me lost, but you have not the 'testicular fortitude' to type it out.

20. BrotherJoseph

Yes, Brother DHK. You said in your thread the beliefs in the doctrines of grace leads to sinful lives. The Puritans I admit had their flaws by burning witches and persecuting Baptists, but they tried to live a Godly lifestyle and this nobody can deny. To charge them with living grossly fleshly sinful lifestyles is not in line with what history records of these people Please take time to read the below taken from Wikipedia

""The idea of personal Biblical interpretation, while central to Puritan beliefs, was shared with most Protestants in general. Puritans sought both individual and corporate conformity to the teaching of the Bible, with moral purity pursued both down to the smallest detail, as well as ecclesiastical purity to the highest level. They believed that man existed for the glory of God, that his first concern in life was to do God's will and so to receive future happiness".[17]

Some strong religious beliefs common to Puritans had direct impacts on culture. Education was essential to the masses, so that they could read the Bible for themselves.

Puritans placed family at the center of their societies, as an organization to facilitate their devotion to God. Based on Biblical portrayals of Adam and Eve, Puritans believed that marriage represented one of the most fundamental human relationships rooted in procreation, love, and, most importantly, salvation.[27] According to Puritans, husbands were the spiritual head of the household, while women were to demonstrate religious piety and obedience under male authority.[28] Furthermore, marriage represented not only the relationship between husband and wife, but also the relationship between spouses and God. Puritan husbands commanded authority through family direction and prayer. The female relationship to her husband and to God was marked by submissiveness and humility.[29]

Puritans believed wives to be spiritual equals to their husbands. Puritan author Thomas Gataker describes Puritan marriage as:

... together for a time as copartners in grace here, [that] they may reigne together forever as coheires in glory hereafter.[30]

The paradox created by female inferiority in the public sphere and the spiritual equality of men and women in marriage, then, gave way to the informal authority of women concerning matters of the home and childrearing.[31] With the consent of their husbands, Puritan wives made important decisions concerning the labour of their children, property, and the management of inns and taverns owned by their husbands.[32]

For Puritans, motherhood represented the most significant aspect of the female identity. Pious Puritan mothers laboured for their children's righteousness and salvation,

According to Puritans, children entered the world with the stain of original sin. A child could only be redeemed through religious education and obedience. Girls carried the additional burden of Eve's corruption and were catechised separately from boys at adolescence. Boys' education prepared them for vocations and leadership roles, while girls were educated for domestic and religious purposes. The pinnacle of achievement for children in Puritan society, however, occurred with the conversion process.[33]

Puritans thrust paternal caretaking responsibilities upon masters in relation to their servants. Puritans viewed the relationship between master and servant similarly to that of parent and child. Just as parents were expected to uphold Puritan religious values in the home, masters assumed the parental responsibility of housing and educating young servants. Older servants also dwelt with masters and were cared for in the event of illness or injury.

Besides the Bible, children needed to read to "understand ... the capital laws of this country," as the Massachusetts code declared, order being of the utmost importance, and children not taught to read would grow "barbarous" (the 1648 amendment to the Massachusetts law and the 1650 Connecticut code, both used the word "barbarisme"). By the 1670s, all New England colonies (except Rhode Island) had passed legislation that mandated literacy for children. In 1647, Massachusetts passed a law that required towns to hire a schoolmaster to teach writing

The Puritan spirit in the United States[edit]

Alexis de Tocqueville suggested in Democracy in America that Puritanism was the very thing that provided a firm foundation for American democracy. As Sheldon Wolin puts it, "Tocqueville was aware of the harshness and bigotry of the early colonists". However, on the other hand, he saw them as "archaic survivals, not only in their piety and discipline but in their democratic practices".[48] The theme of a religious basis of economic discipline is echoed in sociologist Max Weber's work, but both de Tocqueville and Weber argued that this discipline was not a force of economic determinism, but one factor among many that should be considered when evaluating the relative economic success of the Puritans."

Sounds as if these people who believed in the 5 points of grace lead real sinful lives as you would expect, right Brother DHK?

Brother Joe

#320 BrotherJoseph, Jun 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.