1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured What does this statement mean?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Moriah, Apr 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Go take your perverted gospel and play games elsewhere as no one is stupid enough to accept your twisted interpretations followed by such threats!

2. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Truth Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

3. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Stop personally attacking, moderator. I could not care less about the lies you say about me.
    You think you sound like a knowledgeable debater saying, “Study the Word Moriah.” Lol You expose yourself for what you are.
    Why do you go on about many things that has nothing to do with the point? Do you think it will cover up you error? You are the one who tried to use an invitation to one’s home as proof of Jesus saving someone.
    The jailor feared God. The Bible says God saves those who fear Him. The jailor asked…the Bible says those who call on the name of the Lord will be saved.
    For you to teach that we cannot do ANYTHING BUT believe, not even be sorry for our sins, is a lie about the Truth.
    Are you blind? You quote Acts 2:41, but you fail to say what about HIS WORD THEY RECEIVED. Read the scriptures JUST BEFORE THE ONE YOU FALSELY USE. This is what they ACCEPTED---Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
    Did you see that? On the Day of Pentecost, the people who received his word and then were baptized---they were first told to repent, to be baptized, AND you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. You claim that they only had to believe, but you go against what the Word says when you teach that they only had to believe.
    With many other words he warned them: and he pleaded with them, “Save yourselves from this corrupt generation.”
    You pathetically fight against the Word. You say Philip would not have baptized an unsaved person; however, they are not saved until they are sealed with the Holy Spirit. Just as those who accepted the word in Samaria. The people in Samaria had accepted the word of God and had been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus, they had not yet received the Holy Spirit.
    Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

The unsaved person does not love God.
    Thus if this is the way that you present salvation the person will not get saved. You are asking him to do the impossible. He cannot love God, and will not obey God in his unsaved condition.

It is a message of works--a works based salvation which Paul calls "accursed."

5. Moriah

Moriah New Member

You just went against Jesus. You replied and said this to my quoting what Jesus says.

No one will receive the Holy Spirit until they love God.

Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.

#145 Moriah, May 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2012
  6. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

What did Biblicist say. You have a method of doing things? It is called RJP isn't it?
    You don't deal with the text. You ignore context. The topic was about the unsaved coming to Christ, the unsaved loving Christ, the unsaved obeying Christ.
    What do you do?
    You quote a command that Christ gives to his disciples only, a command on discipleship. Is this what Biblicist was referring to as RJP? I think so.

7. Moriah

Moriah New Member

You preach falseness. You want us to believe that Jesus will not give his Spirit to those already saved unless they love him, but will give his spirit to those who believe and not love him.

John 14

15 “If you love me, you will obey what I command.

21 Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me.He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him.”

23 Jesus replied, “If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.

24 He who does not love me will not obey my teaching.

8. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Let me repeat myself for I fear you did not understand me the first time.

Now, let me emphasize once again:
    An unsaved person cannot love God!
    An unsaved person cannot obey God!

Don't quote Scripture that Jesus uses for his disciples or for Christians. It is not applicable.
    All their works are as "filthy rags." They cannot do good in the sight of God for they are unsaved.

#148 DHK, May 7, 2012
  9. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Here, let me repeat...

You preach falseness. You want us to believe that Jesus will not give his Spirit to those already saved unless they love him, but will give his Spirit to those who believe and not love him.

John 14

15 “If
    you love me, you will obey what I command.

21 Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me.He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him.”

23 Jesus replied, “If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.

DHK,

You teach falseness about the filthy rags scripture. The filthy rags scripture is to the Jews. God does not call someone searching for Him through Jesus a filthy rag act.

Now, explain again how you say Jesus is speaking to those already saved and how Jesus will or will not give them the Holy Spirit.

#149 Moriah, May 7, 2012
  10. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

God calls on unsaved men everywhere to repent and exercise faith in Him. Those works God calls upon man to perform are not filthy rags in the sight of God DHK, inspite of your failure to properly understand the true import of your favorite 'filthy rags' proof text, used by you on a consistent basis out of context and unreasonably applied.

11. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

hp

False Teaching, God calls no one to repent but those who have been borrn again by the Resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.

God does not call an unsaved person to perform any works, that person is unsaved by Christ and on their way to hell !

12. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

First of all, Jesus is with them in the flesh and is promising to send them the Comforter, the Holy Spirit when He departs after his ascension, when he will no longer be with them in the flesh.

Second, he is speaking only to his disciples. This conversation started in chapter 13 when he washed the disciples feet. Look at some of the above Scriptures to get the context:

John 14:5 Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?
    --Thomas, one of the twelve asks him a question.

John 14:8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
    --Then Philip, another Apostle asks a question.

The verses you quoted are directed only to the disciples and have nothing to do with the unsaved.
    --Three times (vs. 15,21,23) does Jesus tell them that the great demonstration of their discipleship and love toward Christ will be their obedience to Him.
    No unsaved person can obey Christ in the way that he was demanding of his disciples. This was an intimate conversation with his disciples right before the Jews and Romans came to arrest him just a few chapters later.

John 14:16-19 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

The Comforter (Holy Spirit would come) but they would not see Christ; Christ would go.

13. Moriah

Moriah New Member

I knew you could not answer why Jesus told those you claim are already saved would receive the Holy Spirit, even though Jesus said IF they obey. Your false doctrines are exposed for the falseness they are.

John 14

15 “If you love me, you will obey what I command.

14. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

The great demonstration of our love for Christ is evidenced in our obedience to him.

Read and understand. I did answer your question. It is addressed to disciples, Christians, not the unsaved.

15. Moriah

Moriah New Member

No, you have NOT answered. You say Jesus is speaking to those already saved, so why does Jesus say they will receive the Holy Spirit IF they obey?
    Let us see how you explain this.

16. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

If you love me keep my commandments.
    Those (Christians) that love Christ will keep his commandments.
    The great demonstration of our love for Him is evidenced in our obedience to Him.

That is the first part of your question.
    The second part I have explained already. The Holy Spirit would come at Pentecost. He constantly told his apostles to wait at Jerusalem until the Comforter or the Spirit would come. Even in Acts 1, the disciples were told the same thing.

Acts 1:4 And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me.

Acts 1:5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.

Acts 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

The Holy Spirit would come with power on the Day of Pentecost.

17. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: Not according to you. You would indicate that one is sinning if they claim to be righteous before God. How can one say they are keeping the commandments of God if they say in their stated testimony they sin every day?

You cannot have it both ways. Obedience is obedience and disobedience is disobedience, NOT obeying the commandments of God. You cannot say one loves God that is serving the flesh by sinning day after day, year after year, as a normal daily practice. Such a lifestyle is NOT in keeping with love and obedience towards God. It shows forth a lifestyle at direct antipodes with obedience and love towards God.

Choose ye this day who ye will serve is the clarion call. Choose one side or the other, either live in obedience or sin everyday, but living with one foot in the flesh and one in the Spirit daily will not work. Either you will love the one and despise the other, but one cannot serve God and mammon.

18. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Therefore, you are saying that SAVED, CHRISTIANS, who hate Jesus, will not keep his commands?
    No, you did NOT answer my question. Here it is again: “So why does Jesus say they will receive the Holy Spirit IF they obey?”
    The answer of yours has nothing to do with my question.
    Try again.
    Jesus says those who obey will receive the Holy Spirit. Since you say they are already saved, what happens to the Christians that do NOT obey Jesus?

#158 Moriah, May 7, 2012
  19. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

OH, I forgot about you HP. You never sin, are perfect and holy just like God. You have put yourself on the same status as Christ. Why you have never even had an evil thought have you. You have never misrepresented anyone on this board, never lied, never been angry, never coveted anything, never sinned in any way at anytime. You are absolutely sinless just like God.

Too bad you haven't read the consequence of that claim in 1John 1:8,10.

20. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

This is pre-cross. Christ is with his disciples. His disciples loved. The Pharisees hated him. Yes, those that did not keep his commandments (the Pharisees) hated Christ, and then crucified him. Put it in context.
    Because they loved him. And if they loved him they would wait for the Spirit's coming. Again this was pre-cross, and they were his disciples.
    Again it was pre-cross. He was speaking to the 12. Please get that through your head. The 12 would receive the Holy Spirit. That is what He was telling them. It was the 12 that would obey him. It was the 12 that loved him. You do not understand this passage do you??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.