1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured 10 categories of warning verses about losing eternal life

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by evangelist-7, Sep 6, 2013.

1. evangelist-7

evangelist-7 New Member

"For by grace you have been saved through (a continual) faith and that not of yourselves ...".

... to think that all one has to do is accept the free gift is just totally absurd.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I suppose thou needest to see a dozen verses which warn that ...
    continuing to believe, have faith, etc. is required to keep your salvation!

Just ask, and thou shall receive what you don't wish to see.

Dey say "Seeing is believing!" ... but, not for most people on this board.

:godisgood:for just giving me a chance ... but, I must take advantage of this chance!

Throughout the Scriptures we see, "CHOOSE this day whom you will follow/obey!"

#21 evangelist-7, Sep 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2013
  2. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Actually, I read this post three times because I wanted to make sure I was reading everything correctly before I said AMEN! Good post brother! :thumbs:

3. evangelist-7

evangelist-7 New Member

An IMPROVED VERSION of the OP follows ...

5 Criteria and 11 Categories about losing eternal life

There are 37 obvious warning passages,
    which specifically mention one (or more) of these 5 criteria:

A - eternal life or eternal death (incl. the second death) … (25)
    B - going to hell (or perdition) … (3)
    C - not allowed to enter the kingdom of God (or heaven) … (5)
    D - not being in the Lamb’s Book of Life … (1)
    E - not allowed to enter the city of New Jerusalem … (3)
    Why criterias C, D, and E are included is explained at the bottom.

We are talking about 5 specific criteria for losing salvation!
    And these are found in 11 different categories of warning passages.
    Very strict standards have been applied for all 37 passages to qualify for inclusion.

Be faithful until death, endure to the end
    A = Matt 10:22, Rev 2:10-11, 1 Tim 4:16, 1 Cor 15:1-2, 1 Pet 1:5-9,
    ----- Gal 6:7-8, Phil 2:12-16, Heb 2:1-4, Jude 1:20-21
    B = Heb 10:36-39, 1 Tim 6:9-14

Do not be a slave to sin, do not sin
    A = Rom 6:16-23, James 1:12-15, Rev 21:7-8, 2 Pet 2:20-22,
    B = Mark 9:43-48
    C = 1 Cor 6:9-10, Gal 5:19-21, Eph 5:3-6
    E = Rev 21:27, Rev 22:14-15
    See the interesting Note at the bottom about habitual sins which lead to eternal death.

Be a slave of obedience, obey the commandments, do the will of Father God
    A = Matt 19:16-17, Rom 6:16-23
    C = Matt 7:21
    E = Rev 22:14-15

Be a slave of righteousness, practice righteousness, be righteous
    A = Rom 6:16-23, Matt 25:45-46, Rom 2:5-11
    C = 1 Cor 6:9-10

Do not be carnally minded, do not live according to the flesh, crucify the flesh
    A = Rom 8:3-8, Rom 8:13-14, Gal 6:7-8
    C = Gal 5:19-21

Know God, follow God, be led by the Spirit
    A = John 17:3, John 10:27, Rom 8:13-14, Luke 9:23-24

Lose your worldly life, hate your life in this world, deny yourself
    A = John 12:25, Luke 9:23-25

Make your call and election sure, work out your salvation
    A = (special: Phil 2:12-16)
    C = 2 Pet 1:10-11

Repent of your sins, confess your sins
    A = 2 Cor 7:1-10, (special: 1 John 1:7-9)

Do not desire to be rich, do not love money
    A = 1 Tim 6:17-19
    B = 1 Tim 6:9-10

Be an overcomer
    A = Rev 2:10-11, Rev 21:7-8
    D = Rev 3:5
    E = Rev 3:12

Criteria C
    “And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God
    with one eye, rather than having two eyes, to be cast into hell fire” (Mark 9:47)
    “Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of
    the world … inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.
    And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.” (Matt 25:34-46)
    Entering the kingdom of God appears to be the opposite of being cast into hell.
    Inheriting the kingdom of God appears to be for the righteous who gain eternal life.
    So, we consider entering the kingdom of God/heaven as gaining eternal life.

Criteria D
    “And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.” (Rev 20:15)

Criteria E
    “But there shall by no means enter it (the New Jerusalem) anything that defiles, or causes
    an abomination or a lie, but only those who are written in the Lamb’s Book of Life.” (Rev 21:27)

Note
    Leading the honor role of habitual sins which lead to eternal death are fornication and idolatry,
    and each is found in almost every passage in the Sin category.
    You do realize there are many kinds of fornication, and many kinds of idolatry!
    And 3 of the passages contain murder in their long lists of sins.
    Note: “… you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.” (1 John 3:15)
    This condemnation of one member of the list just serves as an example for all habitual sins!
    I.E. this certainly is not about a murder which is sincerely repented of.

#23 evangelist-7, Sep 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2013
  4. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why not just trust Jesus as someone who knows the truth, that ALL who come to Him will get saved and raised up on that ;ast day, that NONE shall perish?

5. evangelist-7

evangelist-7 New Member

WHY NOT? ... Because that's NOT what the NT teaches us!

And the choich leaders are responsible for leading Jesus' sheep into the Truth.

But, many (most?) are merely hirelings and not true shepherds (John 10),
    whose priority is large congregations and paying down the mortgages on their homes.

6. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Do you have any idea how you sound brother? There are tens of thousands of churches and pastors for Christ and you would declare that most are of the devil? I don't know how you could ever gain enough knowledge of all pastors to even make such a declaration, but more importantly, I think you should take heed that satan has not beguiled yourself and has bewitched you into helping him accuse the brethren.

I fully understand your passion against OSAS, you are not alone. But this disagreement has always been and always will be. Present your exegesis and persuade your listeners. But keep in mind, both camps love the Word and love God, otherwise they would not care to be here giving testimony to what they believe God's Word declares. And guess what? Most Christians could care less who is right, they just love Jesus and love people and live their lives serving the Lord.

I don't know about your church, but the guys in my church are diverse on these topics and we discuss them between ourselves, each trying to persuade the other, but we don't call each other any names or let it taint our fellowship together. Paul said it doesn't matter even if you have all knowledge, if you don't have love you are nothing. I'm not pointing these comments directly at you, but all of us need a reminder from time to time. It's easy to get worked up over these issues. :love2:

7. evangelist-7

evangelist-7 New Member

Steaver,

You can ignore reality all you want ... it is very common in today's Laodicean churches.

Even before "today", do you have any idea how many people have been led astray
    (through ignorance or even on purpose) by priests, ministers, pastors, teachers, etc.?

People under their spiritual care!

People thinking that their simple intellectual belief in Jesus and the Trinity was all that was required of them.

People going to Mass/church, confessing their sins, paying their tithes ... but never being born again.

Many priests, ministers, pastors, teachers, etc. were not even born again.

8. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes, there are false teachers, but how could anyone say most are, do you or I even know ten or twenty pastors out of the tens of thousands?

AMEN!!! :thumbsup:

That is what the scriptures teach. Those who do not obey Jesus Christ and those who do not continue in His word were not even born again!

Not saved then lost!

9. evangelist-7

evangelist-7 New Member

That's twice now that you have quoted me saying "most".

Here's what I really said ...
    "But, many (most?) are merely hirelings and not true shepherds (John 10) ..."

IMO, you really do not realize the sad condition of today's American choiches.

10. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well, did you put forth that it could be most? Or not?

11. evangelist-7

evangelist-7 New Member

The latest expanded and improved version of my fav passage:

"But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another,
    and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.
    If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
    If we confess (repent of) our sins, He is faithful and just
    to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
    If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us." (1 John 1:7-10)

If anyone would care to maintain their righteousness, this is heartily recommended!

12. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Apostle John wrote to refute the heresy of Gnostic belief creeping into local churches, so he was exhorting the saints to keep their personal lives pure, to live as saints saved by grace of God should...

When a saint chooses to not confess/repent of their known sins for a season, that will breal fellowship with God, NEVER relationship, as that is eternally settled!

13. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

This is why Godly men like C.H. Spurgeon believed in Biblical doctrines such as Eternal Security.
    The nonsense of continue and continue and continue......until what?
    Until you are perfect? Until you don't sin any more?
    Until you have reached sinless perfection? Is that what you believe?
    Or, knowing that we are secure in Christ, until we sin, and we can confess it as a child of God, repent of it, and have our fellowship restored as per 1John 1:9.

Spurgeon heard of the nutty theology that you espouse.
    He went to see one such theologian.
    Read what happened here:

http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?t=88646

14. evangelist-7

evangelist-7 New Member

I'll take the clear warnings of Scripture over Spurgeon any day.
    Not only that, but from the link he had NO idea what the sanctification-unto-holiness process is all about.

It is one's heart attitude that counts ... the obedient striving for holiness (which is demanded from Scripture).

All throughout the Scriptures, we see that ... sinners are unrighteous! ... obedient believers are righteous!

It's okay, and even expected, that you will sin occasionally.

And you can take care of the situation, i.e. maintain your righteousness ...

"But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another,
    and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.
    If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
    If we confess (repent of) our sins, He is faithful and just
    to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us." (1 John 1:7-10)

What Paul warns about so much in his epistles is ---> habitual (unrepented of) sinning!
    If this is not overcome (before death), it will definitely send the BAC to hell.

Many Scriptures put the big kabosh on many centuries of false OSAS teaching, which said:
    "You belong to the church, you tithe, you believe in the Trinity, you're saved ... so just relax, kick back, and enjoy it."

News Flash ... We have the free will to choose life or death ... God doesn't do it for us!

15. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

So, according to what you just posted, I can commit the "occasional murder," occasional bank robbery," have the occasional affair, etc. I can sin every once in awhile. It is okay in your model; your scheme of thinking to go on sinning, just don't do it as much as you did before you were saved.

Those who believe in eternal security don't believe that way. We have been changed by the Holy Spirit, have a relationship with Jesus Christ, don't desire to do those things any more.

16. evangelist-7

evangelist-7 New Member

You obviously do not believe all of the NT epistle writers, all of whom clearly say that BACs continue to sin!
    Give it up! ... Please argue with someone else.

17. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I believe all the Bible and am able to explain the verses you post, whereas you simply post them and think that their surface meaning when quoted out of context has some special meaning according to your personal interpretation. You are the outstanding gnostic of this board.

18. evangelist-7

evangelist-7 New Member

I wouldn't dare say what you are, believe me!

Many people say Paul's warning verses are taken out of context!
    Because that's their only recourse to blindly standing behind their false doctrines.

Not only that, they refuse to have spiritual Truth be revealed to them by the Holy Spirit.

Long Live The Old Satanically-inspired Doctrines! ... Can you say, "PTL!"?

End of discussion.

19. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    John says that if we live in a continual/habitual sin state, and have NO desire/conviction to ever repent/confess of that, we are NOT even saved!

So that would NOT be saved and lost, but never saved and still lost!

20. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I agree.
    But he has taken on a very relativistic religion, much like the "New Age" philosophy of this day and age where every thing is relative; there are no absolutes.

For example, How many sins does it take before one can lose their salvation?
    Or, How grievous must the sin be before one loses their salvation?
    Who gets to decide; and who is counting?
    Is Evangelist-7 keeping track of all this? Is he playing God here?

Is it one lie, two lies, five lies, ten lies, twenty lies, and in what space of time?
    One lie per day? Five lies per day?
    At what point does one lose their salvation?

I don't have to worry about those things. My sins are all forgiven; their under the blood: past, present and future--forgiven by the Lord Jesus Christ.
    There is therefore now no condemnation to them that are in Christ Jesus. None. None, whatsoever.

Freed from the law oh blissful condition!

He has taken all my sins and buried them in the deepest sea; hid them behind his back; remembers them know more; as far as the east is from the west so far has he removed my transgressions; He has forever blotted them out.