1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured 10 of my favorite warning Scriptures to Christians vs. OSAS

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by evangelist-7, Jun 22, 2013.

1. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    According to the Bible? Or popular statements in pulpits of today?

According to the Bible we have this.

==============

"Instead" of "All that become saved will stay saved" Jesus teaches in Matt 13 that there are 4 different kinds of ground - 3 of which become saved but only 1 "stays saved".

Instead of Jesus teaching that all that become saved by accepting the Gospel - will always choose to stay saved - Jesus points us to the example of "Forgiveness revoked" in Matt 18.

Instead of God teaching that all that become saved by accepting the Gospel - will always choose to stay saved - God points us to the example of the righteous that turn from their walk with God - (God who alone can produce righteousness in the saints) - and when they turn from God all their righteousness is as nothing in Ezek 18.

Notice that in that chapter is it the real saved that are becoming lost for failure to persevere in that saved walk - and it is the real lost that are becoming saved when they turn from their rebellion.

Ezek 18
    19 “Yet you say, ‘Why should the son not bear the guilt of the father?’ Because the son has done what is lawful and right, and has kept all My statutes and observed them, he shall surely live.

20 The soul who sins shall die. The son shall not bear the guilt of the father, nor the father bear the guilt of the son. The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself.
    21 “But if a wicked man turns from all his sins which he has committed, keeps all My statutes, and does what is lawful and right, he shall surely live; he shall not die.

22 None of the transgressions which he has committed shall be remembered against him; because of the righteousness which he has done, he shall live.
    23 Do I have any pleasure at all that the wicked should die?” says the Lord God, “and not that he should turn from his ways and live?
    24 “But when a righteous man turns away from his righteousness and commits iniquity, and does according to all the abominations that the wicked man does, shall he live? All the righteousness which he has done shall not be remembered; because of the unfaithfulness of which he is guilty and the sin which he has committed, because of them he shall die.
    25 “Yet you say, ‘The way of the Lord is not fair.’ Hear now, O house of Israel, is it not My way which is fair, and your ways which are not fair? 26 When a righteous man turns away from his righteousness, commits iniquity, and dies in it, it is because of the iniquity which he has done that he dies.

27 Again, when a wicked man turns away from the wickedness which he committed, and does what is lawful and right, he preserves himself alive. 28 Because he considers and turns away from all the transgressions which he committed, he shall surely live; he shall not die.

29 Yet the house of Israel says, ‘The way of the Lord is not fair.’ O house of Israel, is it not My ways which are fair, and your ways which are not fair?

In the examples above God is not arbitrarily casting any out - rather the individuals themselves are turning away from God. "Fallen from Grace - severed FROM Christ" Gal 5:4

And of course let's not avoid Christ's teaching in Romans 11

Rom 11
    20 Well said. Because of unbelief they were broken off, and you stand by faith. Do not be haughty, but fear.

21 For if God did not spare the natural branches, He may not spare you either.

22 Therefore consider the goodness and severity of God: on those who fell, severity; but toward you, goodness, if you continue in His goodness. Otherwise you also will be cut off

===========================================
    "Forgiveness revoked" model as Matt 18

Matt 18
    32 Then his lord, after that he had called him, said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt, because thou desiredst me:
    33 Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellowservant, even as I had pity on thee?
    34 And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him.
    35 So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.

It works on the same model as Romans 11

===============================================
    Romans 11

18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.
    19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be grafted in.
    20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
    21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
    22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.
    23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be grafted in: for God is able to graft them in again.

==========================================
    Our Methodist/Wesleyan/Seventh-day Adventist/Arminian General Baptist (and of course - Free Will Baptist) friends will notice that the language above is missing the "legally obligated to take those who do not persevere firm to the end" to heaven language.

Just as we see in Ezek 18 - no change.

The whosoever will factor is there - as well as the warning against being the rock-ground that sprin[SIZE=3]gs up "to LIFE" and [SIZE=3]rec[SIZE=3]e[SIZE=3]ives the Word of [SIZE=3]Life quick[SIZE=3]ly and with [SIZE=3]joy - but then [SIZE=3]later falls aw[SIZE=3]ay - dying - returning to the dead state Matt 1[SIZE=3]3.[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

2. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The Bible answer is ---

[FONT=&quot]Matt 10:22 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]but it is he who has [/FONT][FONT=&quot]endured until the end[/FONT][FONT=&quot] that will be saved.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1 Timothy 4:16[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Pay [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]close attention[/FONT][FONT=&quot] to yourself and to your teaching; [/FONT][FONT=&quot]persever[/FONT][FONT=&quot]e i[/FONT][FONT=&quot]n these things, for [/FONT][FONT=&quot]as you do this you will ensure[/FONT][FONT=&quot] salvation both for yourself and for those who hear you.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    Heb 2:1-3
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1. For this reason we must pay close attention to what have heard [/FONT][FONT=&quot]lest we drift away[/FONT][FONT=&quot] from it[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Heb 3:6[/FONT][FONT=&quot] but Christ was faithful as a Son over His house whose house we are, if we hold fast our confidence
    and the boast of our hope [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]firm until the end[/FONT][FONT=&quot].[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Heb 3:12-14
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]12 Take care, brethren, that there not be in any one of you an evil, unbelieving heart that [/FONT][FONT=&quot]falls away from the living God[/FONT][FONT=&quot].[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    13 But encourage one another day after day, as long as it is still called ""Today,'' so that none of you will be hardened
    by the deceitfulness of sin.
    14 For we have become partakers of Christ, [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]if we hold fast the beginning of our assurance firm until the end,[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    Heb 10:35-39
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]35 Therefore, do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward.
    36 For you have [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]need of endurance[/FONT][FONT=&quot], so that when you have done the will of God, you may receive what was promised[/FONT][FONT=&quot].
    37 FOR YET IN A VERY LITTLE WHILE, HE WHO IS COMING WILL COME, AND WILL NOT DELAY.
    38 BUT MY RIGHTEOUS ONE SHALL LIVE BY FAITH; AND IF HE SHRINKS BACK, MY SOUL HAS NO PLEASURE IN HIM.
    39 But we are not of those who shrink back to destruction, but of those who have faith to the preserving of the soul.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    1Cor 15:1-2
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1 Now I make known to you, brethren, the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received,
    in which also you stand,
    2 by which also you are [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]saved, if you hold fas[/FONT][FONT=&quot]t[/FONT][FONT=&quot] the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Rom 11:22
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]20Quite right, they were broken off for their unbelief[/FONT][FONT=&quot], but you stand by your faith[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. Do not be conceited, but [/FONT][FONT=&quot]fear;[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]21for if God did not spare the natural branches, He will not spare you, either[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    22Behold then the kindness and severity of God; to those who fell, severity, but to you, God’s kindness,
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]if you continue in His kindness[/FONT][FONT=&quot]; otherwise you also will be cut off.
    23And they also, if they do not continue in their unbelief, will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]

Col 1:21-23
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]22 He has now reconciled you in His fleshly body through death in order to PRESENT you before Him
    Holy and Blameless and beyond reproach
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]23 IF INDEED you CONTINUE in the faith FIRMLY established and STEADFAST and NOT MOVED AWAY[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    from the HOPE of the Gospel that you have heard, which was proclaimed in all creation under heaven
    and of which I Paul was made a minister.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]

Rev 2:7,11,17,26 3:5, 12,21 Eternal life to [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]'he who overcomes'[/FONT][FONT=&quot].

Gal 6:7-9 Don't lose heart in doing good for reap et life IF we ..
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]8 For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the
    Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life.
    9 Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]reap if[/FONT][FONT=&quot] we do not grow weary[/FONT][FONT=&quot].[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Mark 13:13 Belief + enduring to the END = SAVED
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Matthew 24:13 ""But the one who endures to the end, he will be saved."
    Matthew 10:22 "You will be hated by all because of My name, but it is the one
    who [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]has endured to the end who will be saved[/FONT][FONT=&quot]."[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

3. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    That Bible answer could also have included this --

[FONT=&quot]
    2Peter 1:10-11
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]8 For if these qualities are yours and are increasing, they render you neither useless nor unfruitful in the true
    knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
    9 For he who lacks these qualities is blind or short-sighted, having forgotten his purification from his former sins.
    10 Therefore, brethren, [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]be all the more diligent to make certain about His calling and choosing you; for as long as
    you practice these things
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot],[/FONT][FONT=&quot] you will never stumble;
    11 for in this way the entrance into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ will be abundantly supplied to you.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1Cor 9[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]23 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]I do all things for the sake of the gospel[/FONT][FONT=&quot],[/FONT][FONT=&quot] so that I may become a [/FONT][FONT=&quot]fellow partaker of it[/FONT][FONT=&quot].
    24 Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win.
    25 Everyone who competes in the games exercises self-control in all things. They then do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable.
    26 Therefore I run in such a way, as not without aim; [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I box in such a way, as not beating the air;[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    27 but [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I discipline my body and make it my slave, so that, after I have preached (the Gospel) to others, I myself will not be disqualified[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Phil 3
    7 But whatever things were gain to me, those things I have counted as loss for the sake of Christ.
    8 More than that, I count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them but rubbish [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]so that I may gain Christ[/FONT][FONT=&quot],[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    9 and may be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own derived from the Law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which comes from God on the basis of faith,
    10 that I may know Him [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]and the power of His resurrection[/FONT][FONT=&quot] and the fellowship of His sufferings[/FONT][FONT=&quot], being conformed to His death;
    11 [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]in order that I may attain[/FONT][FONT=&quot] to the [/FONT][FONT=&quot]resurrection from the dead[/FONT][FONT=&quot].[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    12 Not that I have already obtained it or have already become perfect, but I [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]press on so that I may lay hold of that for which also I was laid hold of[/FONT][FONT=&quot] by Christ Jesus.
    13 Brethren, I [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]do not[/FONT][FONT=&quot] regard myself [/FONT][FONT=&quot]as having laid hold of it yet[/FONT][FONT=&quot]; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and [/FONT][FONT=&quot]reaching forward[/FONT][FONT=&quot] to what lies ahead,
    14 I [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]press on toward the goal[/FONT][FONT=&quot] for the prize [/FONT][FONT=&quot]of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.[/FONT]

4. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So then, basically, what you're saying is that you believe in works-righteous gospel.

How is your answer any different than the Catholics who tell me we have to die in a "state of grace"?

5. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No - what I am saying is that I believe the actual Bible.

And that includes the parts of the Bible that some Calvinists and OSAS folks would just as soon we all forget or at the very least - down-size to fit the easy-believism of some popular pulpits.

in Christ,

Bob

6. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

No - you believe the misguided prebelief and then have to twist Scripture to fit your ideas. You ignore the very clear teaching that NO one can snatch us out of the Father's hand, that the Spirit is our guarantee of our salvation and that should a lamb stray, the shepherd does not let him get away but instead will go out to return him to the fold. I don't see anywhere that says "Welcome to the family! Oh wait - you did something bad? Now I revoke my adoption, take back my guarantee and you're outta here."

7. evangelist-7

evangelist-7 New Member

Why does it have to be different? ... Of course you have to die in a state of grace!
    Cannot the RCC have some correct doctrines?
    They believe in the Trinity ... Is that okay with you?

Oh, I forgot, everything is black and white ... shades of gray need not apply.
    Everyone has to either be 100% right, or 100% wrong ... right? or is it left?

8. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But what you're describing isn't Biblical. It's a works-righteousness based false gospel.

9. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

There you go, folks. Evangelist said it himself.

He affirms the Catholic doctrines of justification.

10. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Are we not in a state of grace before the throne of God when we are washed in the blood? Or is it a work we must constantly do like the Catholic church says - you're in a state of grace, you're out of a state of grace, you're in a state of grace, you're out of a state of grace?

11. evangelist-7

evangelist-7 New Member

Yes, that's what they told you from the cradle onwards.

Of course, it's a works-righteousness based false gospel
    ... IF all of those dozens of warnings/threats are false,
    i.e. if they are not threats/warnings to BACs!

Very simple.

So, why not start proving that the 10 in the OP are false?

Here comes more sighing and complaining, more crying and condemnations!
    Not to mention excuses.

Prove the 10 passages are false proof-texting!

Oh, I forgot ... everybody's too busy! ... But not too busy to have a hissy-fit.

12. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Number 1

May I ask you the last body part you cut off? If you have not cut off at least one body part, then you are going to hell because our body parts cause us to sin and we need to be rid of them according to your interpretation here.

13. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

14. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why not just answer what the messiah meant when he stated:..

37 All that which the Father giveth me shall come unto me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out

John 6:37 Asv

seems that just killed off you legalisitic understanding of salvation!

15. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Praise God!

Those who the Father gives to the Son are those who,when givin a choice, (all recieve Light) choose Christ!

God is just sooo good!

#95 Alive in Christ, Jul 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2013