1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured 2 Peter 3:9 and Ezekiel 33:11

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by agedman, May 28, 2013.

1. Winman

Winman Active Member

It still does not make sense. There is no need for God to "suffer" for a single second, as he could cause all the elect to be born at one time and simply regenerate them.

And if God chooses to make the elect be born at different times throughout history, then how is he suffering? He choose to make the elect be born at different times in history. Your view is plain SILLY.

You just don't get it, if God determines all things that come to pass, there is no need for him to suffer. Does God make himself suffer? Ridiculous to say the least.

And slamming Calvinism may get old, but it is FALSE DOCTRINE, and the scriptures say we are to contend for the truth.

Frankly, I get tired of all the falsehood you Calvinists spew out.

2. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    All I have to say(in a paraphrased form) to you is what Paul said to his imagined antagonist:"Who do you think you are; you mere human? You are only a piece of clay that the potter can form any way He so desires.

#22 Rippon, May 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2013
  3. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Longsuffering - means that He is willing to put up with the silly and selfishness of humankind.

It doesn't mean God is suffering as in pain.

In this case suffering means patient.

About the Cal comments:

Your view that some systematic theological viewpoint in which you disagree is false is is in fact merely your opinion.

I have no problem with you contending for the truth.

I am encouraging you to combat untruth with the clear truth of Scriptures and Scriptural principles.

If you consider that a view spews "falsehood" attack the falsehood not the label.

Occasionally, you will find in my posts a label, but I do try to communicate without the assignment of a certain theological system. The exception are posts that are Palagianistic in doctrine. Thankfully there are very few of them to which I respond.

4. Winman

Winman Active Member

I do not think willing is the right word, God tolerates and suffers men to sin. God is not willing for any man to sin.

Yes it does, back in Noah's day God was so grieved he decided to destroy men off the face of the earth.

Yes, but it also means to suffer.

I would say that someday you are going to discover that God disagrees with it also. Time will tell.

As if you could stop me.

What a laugh, I constantly show scripture to support my positions and to refute Calvinism. Most Calvinists quote creeds like the Westminster Confession of Faith.

I do, I have shown numerous scriptures in this thread alone that all support faith preceding regeneration.

I don't care if you call me a Pelagian. I personally do not know exactly what Pelagius believed, and I seriously doubt you do either.

I know what I believe and I am not afraid of being called a name. There is a difference between saying something is a falsehood and showing scripture that demonstrates it as I do, compared to calling a person a name like Pelagian, especially when I doubt you know a thing about the man.

The little I have read of Pelagius I see he was misrepresented. He absolutely believed man needed the grace of God to be saved as I also do.

#24 Winman, May 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2013
  5. Winman

Winman Active Member

Have you ever gone back in the OT to see what Paul was referencing? He was speaking of Jeremiah 18 where God is speaking of NATIONS, not individuals. God said that if he has spoken of a nation to tear it down, if they repent, he would repent of the evil he intended toward them.

God also said if he had spoken of a nation to build it up, if they sin against him, he would repent of the good he had intended toward them.

So, this absolutely refutes UNCONDITIONAL ELECTION. Paul is explaining in Romans 9 that Israel is being rejected for unbelief, while the Gentiles are being accepted because they are believing the gospel.

If you knew your scriptures you would know Paul is actually refuting Calvinism.

But you fellas don't know scripture, you know the man-made doctrine of Calvinism.

6. Wherever You Go

Wherever You Go New Member

"Six blind men of samrkand, debated loud and long, though each was partly in the right, and all were in the wrong."

Rudyard Kipling