1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured A Christian's biggest sin

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by stilllearning, May 29, 2013.

1. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I think the greatest sin is breaking the First Great Commandment, not loving God with all your heart, soul, mind and spirit. I think the second greatest is not loving your neighbor as yourself. They are easy to spot. Their eyes are focused on themselves not Jesus. Usually, they are characterized by arrogance, rudeness, aloofness, and a general pattern of centering everything around self.

2. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

PRIDE!!!

:flower::flower::flower:

3. stilllearning

stilllearning Active Member

I very much agree, but......
    I can’t find even one instance in the Bible, where PRIDE, is an indication of not truly being saved, like I can with “not loving your brother”!

4. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Psalms 10:4 In the pride of his face the wicked does not seek him; all his thoughts are, “There is no God.”

1 John 2:16 For all that is in the world —the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride of life—is not from the Father but is from the world.

I'm gonna have to agree with Blackbird on this one.

Here's a great link to a GREAT message about why pride is so "anti-God". Preacher, this would make a great sermon or series of sermons.

http://christlifemin.org/publications/Newsletter/newsletter_2000-1/god_hates_pride.htm

5. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

so you are saying that all the Unbelievers are the Lord's Servants and all of them at least has 1 or more talents the Lord has given them ?

6. stilllearning

"YES"! (If you remove the 2 "all"s from this sentence.)

7. stilllearning

Thanks......

8. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would have said 'Unbelief'...:D

9. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

so only SOME of the unbelievers are the Lord's Servants and SOME are not and SOME of the unbelievers have talents and SOME do not--is this what you are saying ?

10. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

And you are a Calvinist?? OK I admit, I've never heard of a Calvinist that believes a Christian can suffer the same portion as an unbeliever. That's a new one on me.

11. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

The Lord's Servants who do as the unbelievers will have the same portion as the unbelievers--as taught in the parable of the Steward and his servants

#31 HisWitness, May 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2013
  12. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

also I don't go by other names of other men--I just go by the truth when it is shown--im not for the big names that goes behind every little doctrine that's taught--there's still more truth in each of the true doctrines we can still be learning if we didn't shut everything else out because of false tradition--when this is done then men worship the doctrine and the man's name behind the doctrine over God and his truth.

13. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Someone's never read Job properly, evidently.

He's a huge 'Calvinist'.

"Shall we not receive good at the hand of the Lord, and also evil? In all this Job did not sin with his lips.'

14. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

you mis-understand what im saying--men can imply what you are with a man's name and what he believed--that's all fine if they choose to do so--Id rather say I am Christist and hear what he speaks to me and follow him:love2:

15. HeirofSalvation

HeirofSalvation Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

No.....you "ask Spurgeon for forgiveness".

16. HeirofSalvation

Site Supporter

You ask "C.H. Spurgeon for 'forgiveness' ".........Has "Spurgeon" forgiven you yet? or are you awaiting the influence of the Virgin Mary to intercede on your behalf?

17. HeirofSalvation

Site Supporter

Has the Virgin Mary interceded in your behalf to make Spurgeon "forgive" you for your trespasses? Or are you as of yet un-forgiven in Spurgeon's eyes.

18. HeirofSalvation

Site Supporter

No.......they are saying that it is innappropriate to pray to dead men for "forgiveness" as you are quoted from your own pen as having done.

19. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

all your trolling is in vain friend--im sure you are pleasing God with this nonsense--I never said I prayed to a dead man--you just took it the wrong way Bless you Brother :godisgood::godisgood::godisgood: