1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured A Few Sabbath Questions

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by vooks, Jun 13, 2015.

1. vooks

vooks Active Member

Feel like you can teach Paul a thing or two about the sanctity of this day seeing he leaves it to individual creativity or lack of it to esteem or not to esteem any day above others?:laugh:

I wish Gehard was born in apostolic age, he could have made a fine apostle

2. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

I told ya why. I said im not gonna play silly word games with ya. Even if what you say is so that doesnt diminish even one of the 10 commandments. Including Gods sabbath.

3. vooks

vooks Active Member

Silly is rejecting obvious truth staring at you in the face. These are no word games.
    Divorce is called a commandment just as sabbath. I didn't do that, that's Holy Spirit. If it irritates you, take it up with Him or form your own sect independent of scriptures buddy:laugh:

Now, slither back from wherever you came from and ask your handlers to give you n intelligent response to this

#83 vooks, Jun 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2015
  4. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

ISAIAH 48 [17] THUS SAITH THE LORD, THY REDEEMER, THE HOLY ONE OF ISRAEL; I am the LORD thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go.[18] O THAT THOU HADST HEARKENED TO MY COMMANDMENTS! then had thy peace been as a river, and thy righteousness as the waves of the sea:

You see what my Redeemer saith. Whats your redeemer saith

5. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

So vooks, why is your god a wishy washy god. Changing continually.

Old testament – keep the sabbath
    New testament – dont bother
    1000 yr rest (in the Kingdom) – Gotta keep the sabbath again (scripture below)

ISAIAH 66 [22] For as the NEW HEAVENS AND THE NEW EARTH, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the Lord, so shall your seed and your name remain. [23] And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and FROM ONE SABBATH TO ANOTHER, shall ALL FLESH COME TO WORSHIP BEFORE ME, saith the Lord.

HEBREWS 13 [8] Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

My God does not change

PROVERBS 24 [19] Fret not thyself because of evil men, neither be thou envious at the wicked;[20] For there shall be no reward to the evil man; THE CANDLE OF THE WICKED SHALL BE PUT OUT.[21] My son, fear thou the LORD and the king: and MEDDLE NOT WITH THEM THAT ARE GIVEN TO CHANGE:[22] For their calamity shall rise suddenly; and who knoweth the ruin of them both?

#85 Chowmah, Jun 30, 2015
  6. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

No vooks. Whats silly is claiming there is no 10 commandments. Who do ya think is gonna believe that.

DEUT.4
    [13] And he declared unto you HIS COVENANT, which he commanded you to perform, EVEN TEN COMMANDMENTS; and he wrote them upon two tables of stone.

#86 Chowmah, Jun 30, 2015
  7. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

It was a day of rest.

Exodus 35:2 Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day there shall be to you an holy day, a sabbath of rest to the LORD: whosoever doeth work therein shall be put to death.
    3 Ye shall kindle no fire throughout your habitations upon the sabbath day.

In our society that would ban anything that would be used for fuel, cooking or heat.
    Do you still think you keep the Sabbath. I don't. You are all a bunch of hypocrites just playing a game.

8. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    At the Passover of Yahweh in Egypt and at the Passover of Yahweh in Christ, "the first day they killed the passover", but "the next day", "the first day (of) seven days ulb ye shall eat", the Sixth Day of the week and "The Preparation it was" : "THAT WHICH REMAINED YE SHALL BURN WITH FIRE" ---viz., INTER, return to dust, BURY.

But "the third day" the FIRST SHEAF was RAISED UP AND WAVED BEFORE THE LORD. "The Seed" sprang up from the dust of the earth. Christ Rose from the dead and grave.

THAT was WHY it was forbidden to kindle a fire on the Sabbath in the Old Testament times --- BECAUSE "the Sabbath of the LORD" TYPIFIED JESUS' RESURRECTION. "God the Seventh Day REVIVED" that is: "the God of Peace brought again from the dead that great Shepherd of the sheep through the blood (DEATH) of the Everlasting Covenant". Hebrews 13:20 Wherefore then the Law was added because of transgression TILL THE SEED SHOULD COME [TO LIFE FROM THE BLOOD OF HIS DEATH] to whom the promise was made . . . that through the promise his LIFE was given to Him. He was "shut up in death unto the Faith which should afterwards be revealed " in his resurrected LIFE.

#88 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Jun 30, 2015
  9. vooks

vooks Active Member

Utterly moronic
    Did your mother offer turtle doves for purification when you were born seeing God does not change? What about your sisters, do they skip church every month because of menstruation?

God never changes but His ways and means of dealing with men change over and over.

#89 vooks, Jun 30, 2015
  10. vooks

vooks Active Member

Chowman,
    Why are you ignoring this?

Mark 10:5 (KJV)
    And Jesus answered and said unto them, For the hardness of your heart he wrote you this precept

Here is the interlinear of that verse
    http://biblehub.com/interlinear/mark/10-5.htm
    The word is entolēn or ἐντολὴν

And ALL its appearances
    http://biblehub.com/greek/entole_n_1785.htm
    The same word is used of one of the Ten Commandments here;
    Matthew 15:3 (KJV)
    But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?

So DIVORCE is entolēn just as are the Ten Commandments, which means Commandments are not just the Ten unless you insist divorce is part of the Ten.

11. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Laugh on and scoff on; it is all you can do.

12. vooks

vooks Active Member

Romans 14:5 (KJV)
    One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

13. vooks

vooks Active Member

Romans 14:5 (KJV)
    One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

For once in your life listen to the Holy Spirit...

14. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

This is one of the longest and detailed instructions that we have all in one place about how the nation of Israel was to KEEP the Sabbath:

xo 16:23 And he said unto them, This is that which the LORD hath said, To morrow is the rest of the holy sabbath unto the LORD: bake that which ye will bake to day, and seethe that ye will seethe; and that which remaineth over lay up for you to be kept until the morning.
    Exo 16:24 And they laid it up till the morning, as Moses bade: and it did not stink, neither was there any worm therein.
    Exo 16:25 And Moses said, Eat that to day; for to day is a sabbath unto the LORD: to day ye shall not find it in the field.
    Exo 16:26 Six days ye shall gather it; but on the seventh day, which is the sabbath, in it there shall be none.
    Exo 16:27 And it came to pass, that there went out some of the people on the seventh day for to gather, and they found none.
    Exo 16:28 And the LORD said unto Moses, How long refuse ye to keep my commandments and my laws?
    Exo 16:29 See, for that the LORD hath given you the sabbath, therefore he giveth you on the sixth day the bread of two days; abide ye every man in his place, let no man go out of his place on the seventh day.
    Exo 16:30 So the people rested on the seventh day.

Note two important things:
    Verse 30: It was a day of rest and not of worship.

Verse 29: They were not even allowed out of their own homes. They did not go to a Temple, tabernacle, synagogue or church. They remained in their own homes. It was a day of rest.

15. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Vooks the Holy Spirit!

I shall be fully persuaded in my own mind by ONE THING AND THAT IS GOD'S WORD IN THE SCRIPTURES.

Which you disregard and mock and discard.

16. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes, and no one could move from his chair three days and three nights long, yet GOD ON EAGLE'S WINGS CARRIED the children of Israel out of Egypt and through the deep of the sea and planted them on the yonder side of hell in the promised land a Planting of the LORD as Christ is called the Planting of the LORD.

I will not rest until the Righteousness of Zion --Jesus Christ-- go forth (from death and grave) as brightness, and Salvation --Jesus Christ-- as a Light that burn AND THE GENTILES SHALL SEE THY RIGHTEOUSNESS ---THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

God gave "beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness that _HE_ might be called the Tree of Righteousness The Planting of the LORD, that HE might be glorified.”

“GOD RAISED CHRIST FROM THE DEAD.”

“Hearken to Me ye that follow after Righteousness—ye that seek the LORD : Look unto The Rock whence ye are hewn, and to the hole of the pit whence ye are digged. … The LORD will make the wilderness of Zion like Eden [the LORD raised Christ from the dead], and her desert (grave) like the garden of the LORD. [Genesis 3:8 to 24 the LORD’S Sabbath’s Work of Rest in Christ.) Joy and gladness shall be found therein (in that day in Eden, the Sabbath of the LORD), thanksgiving, and the voice of melody. Hearken unto Me my people . . . for LAW SHALL PROCEED FROM ME, and I WILL MAKE MY JUDGMENT (LAW) TO REST FOR A LIGHT OF THE PEOPLE.” “The Sabbath was made for man --- remains for the People of God. “Melody” is made by the redeemed, by a People of God in worship together.

From the darkness in the realm of the dead in the end of the Sabbath, Jesus Christ rose from the dead : “I AM The Light of the world.

“They that dwell in the earth shall wax old and shall die and vanish away like smoke, but My Salvation --Jesus Christ-- shall be forever and My Righteousness --Jesus Christ-- shall not be abolished (like the Law “engraved in stone”) : Hearken unto Me YE THAT KNOW RIGHTEOUSNESS (that know Jesus Christ) THE PEOPLE IN WHOSE HEART MY LAW --Jesus Christ-- is, FEAR YE NOT THE REPROACH OF MEN NEITHER BE YE AFRAID OF THEIR REVILINGS.”

#96 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Jun 30, 2015
  17. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

No v:tongue3::tongue3:ks. It was prophecied to happen

MATT.15 [22] And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou Son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil.[23] But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us.[24] But he answered and said, I AM NOT SENT BUT UNTO THE LOST SHEEP of the house of Israel.

Jesus said "I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel"

JEREMIAH 50 [4] IN THOSE DAYS, and in that time, saith the Lord, the children of Israel shall come, they and the children of Judah together, going and weeping: they shall go, and seek the Lord their God. [5] They shall ask the way to Zion with their faces thitherward, saying, Come, and let us join ourselves to the Lord in a perpetual covenant that shall not be forgotten. [6] MY PEOPLE HATH BEEN LOST SHEEP: their shepherds have caused them to go astray, they have turned them away on the mountains: THEY HAVE GONE FROM MOUNTAIN TO HILL, THEY HAVE FORGOTTEN THEIR RESTINGPLACE.

MY PEOPLE HATH BEEN LOST SHEEP {V:6} gone from the mountain to the hill. Why? They forgot their resting place

ISAIAH 2 [2] And it shall come to pass IN THE LAST DAYS, that the mountain of THE LORD'S HOUSE SHALL BE ESTABLISHED IN THE TOP OF THE MOUNTAINS, AND SHALL BE EXALTED ABOVE THE HILLS; and all nations shall flow unto it. [3] And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of zion shall GO FORTH THE LAW, and THE WORD OF THE LORD FROM JERUSALEM.

Look what happens in the last days

In Jer.50 we see how Gods people went from the mountains to the hills and had forgotten their restingplace? The sabbath. But in the above scripture it says “in the last days” the Lords house will be established on the top of the mountains and exalted above the hills. Jer.50 [5] also says that Gods people (the lost sheep Jesus said He came for) will return to His sabbath.

18. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

Why in the world do you keep pointing to Romans 14 as a reason we need not keep the sabbath. Niether is the sabbath mentioned, nor rest, nor anything pertaining to the sabbath

19. vooks

vooks Active Member

Romans 14:5-6 (KJV)
    One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. 6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it.

Holy Spirit is INDIFFERENT to regarding days. I choose not to quench Holy Spirit

PS
    Which days do you think Paul had in mind, birthdays, national holidays and anniversaries?:tonofbricks:

#99 vooks, Jun 30, 2015
  20. vooks

vooks Active Member

Romans 14:5-6 (KJV)
    One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. 6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it.

Where does Gehard fall, among those who esteem ONE day above another, or those who esteem EVERY DAY alike?

Holy Spirit by the inspired pen of Apostle Paul says, 'be persuaded in your mind.'
    Unlike Gehard, I choose not to fight God

#100 vooks, Jun 30, 2015