1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured A Few Sabbath Questions

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by vooks, Jun 13, 2015.

1. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

Not sure vooks but keep reading

Romans 14:17 (KJV)
    17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

Theres those meat and drinks again as like Col.2{16}. Im just not sure

2. vooks

vooks Active Member

Serial incoherence.
    Gehard is one to never miss an opportunity to flaunt his disjointed mishmash of random and wild thoughts.

Just respond to DHK or hold your confusion forever

3. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

So vooks. Explain to me why you wanna forget the only commandment Jesus tells you to remember

4. vooks

vooks Active Member

Romans 14:5-6 (KJV)
    One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. 6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it.

Chowman,
    Do you esteem ONE day above another or do you esteem EVERY DAY alike?
    Why should I legislate against what Holy Spirit has left to your discretion?

PS
    Romans 14 covers in depth the following;
    1. Observing/Esteeming days
    2. Dietary laws/regulations
    These two are no synonyms; v17 deals with #2 just as v5 deals with #1. V6 deals with BOTH

#104 vooks, Jun 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2015
  5. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

Like i said. Not sure what that scripture is talkin about. Im sure the answer is out there. Scripture below was a little confusing also

GAL.4 [8] Howbeit then, when ye knew not God, ye did service unto them which by nature are no gods.[9] But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage? [10] YE OBSERVE DAYS, AND MONTHS, AND TIMES, AND YEARS.[11] I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain.

6. vooks

vooks Active Member

Are you interested in finding out, or you'd rather wallow in ignorance?

7. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

Your trying to say to forget the 4th commandment and bringing up the Holy Spirit. Yet the scriptures say.....

JOHN 14 [15] If ye love me, KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS.[16] AND I WILL PRAY THE FATHER, AND HE SHALL GIVE YOU ANOTHER COMFORTER, that he may abide with you for ever;[17] Even THE SPIRIT OF TRUTH; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.[18] I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.[19] Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.[20] At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.[21] HE THAT HATH MY COMMANDMENTS, AND KEEPETH THEM, HE IT IS THAT LOVETH ME: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I WILL LOVE HIM, AND WILL MANIFEST MYSELF TO HIM.

In order to receive the Holy Spirit we must first be keeping Gods 10 commandments. The 4th included. Thats what John 14{15-16} says. This truth is also found in verse {21}.

8. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Romans 14 and Colossians 2 have nothing in common. There's NO <<meat and drinks>> or "meat / food and drink" in Colossians 2. Except the frauds'.

9. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

1st id like to hear your take on Gal.4{8-11}

10. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

Only speculation GE. Like i said, im not sure what its talkin bout. Could i hear your explanation of Romans 14? Uh....in understandable english please

11. vooks

vooks Active Member

Chowman,
    We are on Romans 14:5-6,
    Something you boldly pleaded IGNORANT of.
    You have attempted to deflect from this by jumping into Johanine epistles and Galatians. Let's stick to these 2 verses unless you can't be happier in drowning in ignorance of these glorious and inspired verses, shall we?

What do you think (since you are 'not sure') Romans 14:5-6 is talking about?

12. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

Told ya. I dont know. So tell me what you think and use scripture to back up your thoughts. Ive heard your opinion. Show me scripture

13. vooks

vooks Active Member

I will gladly do that but isn't it rather dishonest to run like mad from Romans 14:5-6, the subject of our last few hours of debate?

We finish with Romans 14:5-6 and we can look at any other scripture you wish.

Fist, what do you THINK (since you are 'not sure' and the truth is 'out there' Romans 14:5-6 is talking about?

14. vooks

vooks Active Member

You said 'not sure'. How has that morphed to 'don't know'?

We are going to have an interactive session here Chowman. Dust your Strongs and let's go Greek. But before that, please assure me you have memorized
    Romans 14:5-6 (KJV)
    One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. 6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks

Have you memorized it?
    Have you tried? Please do at least half of this portion.

Thank you

15. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    In order for us to keep Gods commandments whichever, we must first receive the Holy Spirit to seeing and believing and "living" the 4th Commandment --- included and especially. Romans 10:5 Galatians 3:12.

That is what John 14:15,16,21 says. "If you love Me ... God first loved us"; "God loved us and saved us while we were enemies."
    "He that keepeth my commandments . . . he that loveth Me SHALL BE LOVED OF MY FATHER FIRST ... because ... "I WILL, love him and WILL, manifest Myself TO, him" before he will be --nay-- shall be, able to love Christ or his Father.

This is the BIG problem with Seventh-day Adventism, they are free-willers like the Roman Catholics and Pentecostals.

16. vooks

vooks Active Member

Somebody should have included the Boers manuscripts which predates Textus Receptus by centuries:laugh::laugh:

17. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    "he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it" is an error. Forget it.

18. vooks

vooks Active Member

Gerhard,
    Mutilating scriptures won't save you; verse 5 alone is enough, v6 is 'overkill'....killing your already brain dead arguments:tonofbricks:

Holy Spirit knew some skulls would be so thick, it takes repetition to drill the truth through them to the spirit-man

#118 vooks, Jun 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2015
  19. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Beginsel: 30 06 15

20. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Example of ‘mutilating Scriptures’:— ~~Romans 14 verse 5 alone is enough, v6 is 'overkill'.~~