1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured A special message for those of you expecting to go to heaven

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by evangelist-7, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you have the assurance and security that you have been eternally saved?

Are you afraid might miss out, by getting shipwreaked, or fallen from grace as you would tend to see it?

2. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

Not Too Good.....

E-7....it would appear from your OP that you believe you are right and everyone else is here may be wrong about salvation and Christian living. It would also appear that the point of your "ministry" as an "Evangelist" is to convince people who believe they are saved because they have trusted Christ ALONE that they have to do "X" amount of "good works" and "endure" to the end or they are not really saved at all. That is false teaching. The type of "salvation you are teaching is a "works" based salvation that is not really any different from any of the non-Biblical works-based false religions like Catholicism, Mormonism, JW's, Hindu's, etc., etc.. You are trying to convince truly SAVED people that they are actually lost. I doubt that will bode well for you when you stand before the Lord at the Judgement. Jesus suggested that it might be BETTER for you if you were to find yourself wearing a millstone about your neck (Luke 17:2) if you are not careful. If you are trying to "chalk-up" "converts" to your credit I think you'll find out you are building a "wall of offenses" that will speak against you in that day. You need to humbly re-think what you are doing. Jesus loves you and so do we. You can NEVER do enough "good stuff" to make the Father happy with yourself. God the Father is satisfied by what His Son did FOR us. He just wants us to trust Him...and That. It's all about what Christ DID....NOT what we do.

Bro.Greg:saint:

3. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    he probably figures since we do not have the fullness of the HS as he does, the 'baptism", that we would probably just fall away anyways!

4. evangelist-7

evangelist-7 New Member

Bro.Greg, I appreciate your serious concern ...

But, don't you have anything at all to say about ...
    the MANY dozens of WARNING VERSES, some of which WARN about losing eternal life?

I mean, this is beyond ridiculous ... to fail to respond to my very simple request.

Let's see, Baptists ignore:
    -- the baptism with the Holy Spirit
    -- the 9 spiritual power gifts
    -- the danger of losing salvation

and da list continues to grow ...

5. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    actually we hold:

that we ALL received the 'baptism" when born again, ALL have same HS, all can be filled with him
    believe that there are NO modern day Apsotles/prophets in the church, and that No ONE has been gifted as they were to give forth revealtions, heal.miracles etc
    we believe that Jesus will keep ALl he saved, and the HS has sealed us until that day

Hows that!

6. Gregory Perry Sr.

Amen Yeshua1 !!

Yeshua1....That was exactly right! (But Brother....I do so wish you would spell-check your posts before submitting them....I used to be a proof-reader....and I don't wish to be a nit-picker BUT....sometimes your stuff just drives me half crazy!....in Christian love of course:smilewinkgrin:)

Now....E-7....it's NOT that we are unaware or unconcerned about what the Word of God says and teaches. We just don't believe that YOUR interpretation of the verses you have listed is correct in light of what the rest of scripture teaches about salvation and the eternal security of the believer. In short...we think and believe you are WRONG! Sorry...but that is just what we believe. One thing is for sure....we can't both be right when the doctrines we teach contradict each other. It took me YEARS in my early Christian walk to overcome your kind of false doctrine. I don't plan to return to that kind of spiritual bondage......but I do pray the Lord will give you the light and freedom from bondage that we all need if we are to be effective servants for the Lord Jesus Christ. I know that is blunt but that is the truth. The teachers you have sat under at CC have seriously misled you. They are teaching you "works" religion that is foreign to the Grace of God. There is nothing you can EVER do to earn God's favor or deserve His marvelous Grace. I pray that light will break through the darkness for you my friend.

7. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

It sounds good to me. We have gone through periods of organized posts against Baptist distinctives by the RCC, and the differences are quite well documented. However, this loose coalition of SDAs, charasmatics, Pentecostal, and holiness threads has far exceeded the differences with the RCC. These people are dangerous, almost to the level of JWs and Mormons.

It is not the issues themselves, (sabbath, ceased gifts, loss of salvation, etc) that bother me so much, but the emphasis that is put on them with relation to salvation. Personally, I believe these threads have gone on long enough on a Baptist forum.

8. SovereignMercy

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well said. In the providence of God our family has fought to deliver people from these errors for years. Below is my reading from Faith's Checkbook by Charles Haddon Spurgeon for today.

God Finished His Work

The Lord will perfect that which concerneth me. Psalm 138:8

He who has begun will carry on the work which is being wrought within my soul. The Lord is concerned about everything that concerns me. All that is now good, but not perfect, the Lord will watch over, preserve, and carry out to completion. This is a great comfort. I could not perfect the work of grace myself. Of that I am quite sure, for I fail every day and have only held on so long as I have because the Lord has helped me. If the Lord were to leave me, all my past experience would go for nothing, and I should perish from the way. But the Lord will continue to bless me. He will perfect my faith, my love, my character, my lifework. He will do this because He has begun a work in me. He gave me the concern I feel, and, in a measure, He has fulfilled my gracious aspirations, He never leaves a work unfinished; this would not be for His glory, nor would it be like Him. He knows how to accomplish His gracious design, and though my own evil nature and the world and the devil all conspire to hinder Him, I do not doubt His promise. He will perfect that which concerneth me, and I will praise Him forever. Lord, let Thy gracious work make some advance this day!

9. Thomas Helwys

Thomas Helwys New Member

I feel the necessity to keep pointing out that not all Baptists believe in OSAS.

10. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    true, as there are free Will baptists, but think even they would not be as "legalistic" in seeing how we MSUT keep the law in order to avoid being lost!

I in afct see them as basically holding to a real saint can chose to Apostesy, but NOT taht they have to make sure keep all the law to avoid that!

11. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    well, the good news is that the Lord in His prividence seems to have brought together ex catholics like DHk and others to refute the RCC, and those like myself, elder in AoG, to refutre charasmatics

seems that the SDA and charasmatic make for 'bedfellows', as both hold to ongoing revelations from prophets for today, and misinterprete the operating times /functions in Acts concerning the purpose for sign gifts/Apostles etc!

12. evangelist-7

evangelist-7 New Member

Thanks to all ... for your efforts to set me straight.

However, no one is explaining WHY all of the MANY DOZENS OF WARNINGS to the churches!

The very least you could suggest is they are pushing us towards greater rewards,
    but I guess this excuse is out of favor these days.

E.G. Isn't Jesus condemnation of the church @ Laodicea enough to get your thinking started?
    Aren't there millions of lukewarm American Christians, ready to be spewed out of Jesus mouth?
    Do you really think these lukewarm believers are going to heaven?

IMO, to all 7 churches in Rev 2 & 3, Jesus makes it clear that only overcomers make it to heaven.

All throughout the Scriptures, there are 2 things that will send you to hell:
    -- not obeying God's commandments
    -- unrepented-of sin, which usually translates into habitual sin

It's time to get real, folks ... And it's time to get with God's program!

13. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Has God sealed with the Holy spirit? Since all believers are, that is the earnest pledge the Guarntee that all saved will stay saved and get to heaven!

14. evangelist-7

evangelist-7 New Member

I see this seal simply as a marker, which says the person has been positionally sanctified (set apart)
    for further work to be done by the Holy Spirit in the person's sanctification process.

Heads up: there is a lot of exhorting, edifying, encouraging, praising, etc. going on
    in the midst of all of the warnings for believers to do what is expected of them.
    Be careful to keep everything in context.
    E.G. Paul often says, "I'm sure you guys will do the right things ... and make it through to the end."

Note: Jesus doesn't play those games ... that Man-God's the Ultimate Straight-Shooter!

What Paul says he's sure of 'taint necessarily so! ... It's mostly just da red!

#34 evangelist-7, Apr 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2013
  15. SovereignMercy

Faith:
    Baptist
    You hit the nail on the head! That's the way you see it. Not what is clearly and simply stated.

In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.

16. Gregory Perry Sr.

Sadly...true

Sadly that is true....and so..they labor on under the impression (and the burden) that there is some amount of works or deeds that they can or must do in order to keep themselves "current" in a salvation that they could never earn (or deserve) IN THE FIRST PLACE. How tragic. I'm sure it MUST put tears in the eyes of our dear Saviour Who suffered so much to pay the price of the salvation HE freely(EARNED) and gives to all those who believe.

17. Thomas Helwys

Thomas Helwys New Member

What is sad is your gross misrepresentation of those who believe you can forfeit your salvation. I'm sure it must put tears in the eyes of God for you to believe that He gives man the freedom to accept or reject His offer of salvation but once accepted, He takes away that freedom. God cannot change an essential part of Himself, no matter what determinists think.

Further, those Baptists which you disparage were the original Baptists in England. Particular Baptists came later and were just warmed-over Presbyterians who denied infant baptism.

#37 Thomas Helwys, Apr 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2013
  18. Gregory Perry Sr.

Interesting Venom

I'm not "disparaging" anybody or "grossly misrepresenting" anything. I'm just a plain old Bible-Believer that does NOT believe that God will ever withdraw His salvation from anyone who has ever once genuinely been Born-Again by grace through faith in the finished work and shed Blood of His dear Son. I think it is tragic and sad that any truly saved believer would not have full-assurance of that truth and the confidence in God that it brings. How could one EVER know the abundant life that God promises if he/she is always in fear and dread of losing something they could not earn or deserve in the first place? Thomas....I mean you nor anyone else any disrespect in this matter. I just believe that Salvation (and the security of it) is OF THE LORD.

19. Thomas Helwys

Thomas Helwys New Member

It is a gross misrepresentation to say that Arminian Baptists believe "that there is some amount of works or deeds that they can or must do in order to keep themselves "current" in a salvation that they could never earn (or deserve) IN THE FIRST PLACE." Arminian Baptists do not believe that! It is an insult to the real Thomas Helwys and the first English Baptists to say such a thing.

20. evangelist-7

evangelist-7 New Member

All you are doing is spouting your particular doctrine.

You refuse to acknowledge the many verses that warn against
    and threaten the loss of eternal life, which I will post tomorrow.

IMO, you won't have the eyes to see them, but maybe someone will.