1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Animals on the Ark

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Salty, Apr 8, 2015.

1. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

http://biologos.org/questions/genesis-flood

2. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    From http://biologos.org/questions/genesis-flood
    So that means God lied with the rainbow??? After all, there have been thousands of "REGIONAL" floods since the BIG one!
    I'll take His word over science any day when there is a conflict; either one has to be taken by faith anyway, so it's a no-brainer for me to choose God.

3. quantumfaith

Why don't you lose a little bit of the attitude that simply ooozes out. Nothing was said to call God a liar.

4. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Who said the arc was in the middle east? Who said the continents immediately after the flood were the same as they are now?

But they could have swam, plenty of fish in the ocean and they eat fish,

#24 OldRegular, Apr 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2015
  5. OldRegular

I find it odd that, from a worms eye view of Mars, scientists could declare that Mars experienced a worldwide flood but looking at all the evidence of catastrophic earth history they deny a worldwide flood! But that is the state of much of science at present!

6. OldRegular

http://www.nwcreation.net/noahlegends.html

Now what is the source of all those "legends"?

7. AntennaFarmer

AntennaFarmer Member

Hi OldRegular
    Reading through the thread (unless I missed it) you seem to be the only one to directly answer the question in the OP.

Of course the penguins would swim! They are excellent swimmers. When they swim they appear to fly through the water. They also waddle their way along on land (or the ice) for long distances to get to the water.

I enjoyed watching the "March of the Penguins" movie. The penguins work so long and hard to protect their eggs and little ones from freezing on the ice. It is touching. It is amazing what God created!

A.F.

8. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

9. quantumfaith

You don't think large and catastrophic floods do not occur around the globe? OR there are large river basins over the landscape. Yes, you are correct, there are flood stories from a multitude of cultures. Even those ANE cultures which surrounded Israel.

10. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

Just curious, but for all the debate about the logistics of penguins going from Antarctica to the place the Ark was built, I think we've missed one thing...

If the Spirit of God was able to "catch up" Philip and transport him several miles from the place where he baptized the eunuch, is it not also possible that God could catch up the animals and bring them to the Ark through the awesome power of His Holy Spirit?

11. quantumfaith

That is most certainly true, God may accomplish anything in any way he sees fit. Although I "shudder" a bit as mathematician, God could, if he so felt, even divide by zero. :)

12. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

Yeah, but...
    Honestly, I believe God does much within the system He developed for us. Even though He is a being outside of the constraints of time and space, He brings things to pass on this Earth in the "fullness" of their time. There are other times when He acts in a manner we would call "miraculous."

13. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, as I asked once before - DID GOD LIE WHEN HE SAID SUCH AN EVENT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN, and gave the rainbow as a sign???

Don't worry about my "attitude" this time, just answer the question, OK!

14. quantumfaith

No not OK!!!!

15. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

But how far can they swim without stopping for a break, of course God could have helped in all of this.

16. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

Okay then, did God lie when He said a flood of that magnitude would not occur again and gave the rainbow as a covenant between Him and man as proof that He would not again flood the earth?

17. quantumfaith

Asked and answered....God did not and does not lie......and no one suggested that He did.

18. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The assumption is that penguins came from there, lol. Rather, it is more likely that the penguin migrated and adapted to conditions there after the Flood.

It is just a theory of mine but science speaks of a great impact which produced great consequences, which I would suggest may have been at the same time of the Flood. In Revelation we see great astrological events which coincide with the judgments imposed on the whole earth...so why not consider the possibility that the Lord used astrological events in that judgment too?

Radiation can be seen to cause mutation, not to mention a departure from a natural habitat. In the Flood there is no reason not to consider that as animals went out abroad, repopulating the earth, that conditions were in place which caused animals to spread out farther, and as they spread changes began taking place.

In fact, it might be considered that all of these events combined were specifically designed for that purpose.

Some of the animals in this world are strange, no question. Is there a possibility that mutation due to radiation from astrological events is the reason?

I think so, but again, it's just a "pet" theory.

God bless.

19. OldRegular

Local floods, no matter how large, can explain the similarity of the legends!

20. OldRegular

Tread water, float like a duck, it is not something I worry about though.