1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Breaking news actually old news "Early church Fathers Taught the Pre-Trib" view

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by revmwc, May 6, 2015.

1. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Brethren, every doctrine of the church has had a history of "followers".
    The Trinity took 3 centuries to be clarified and ratified by the church using a mosaic of scripture.

Studying this history one will find the remains of a great deal of error regarding the doctrine of the Trinity and (it may surprise you) bloodshed as well.

Eschatology has now become important because it is the season for it because it is IMO coming to pass.

Ecclesiastes 3:1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

As the Coming of the Lord becomes more and more evident men will study it in an attempt to be "rightly dividing the word of truth" trying to understand all the ramifications and indeed some things about His coming which are difficult...

2 Peter 3
    14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.
    15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
    16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

It is much easier just to condemn someone to the class of those who "wrest the scripture" than to be patient with each other and discuss our views.

In fact, (often times) it would almost seem that condemnation is the preferable method to communications in the sharing of views. Many years ago when I joined with the BB this was also part of my pool of defenses of which I have repented.

To be sure dispensationalism has had its share of kooks (trying to be kind in my choice of words) but it is "progressing" and being refined as many other doctrines of the church in the passage of time.

In times past I have cited many church fathers when I did battle with brother asterisk Tom (our resident preterist) and you can find these "discussions" in the archives.

But let me tell you much study is indeed a weariness to the flesh and neither Tom or myself want to have to go through that hassle again.
    Scan the archives and save yourself the sweat and the exchange of insults (which will trouble your soul later).

Anyway, I'm hoping Tom is wrong and the Lord has yet to come (well, I know He has yet to come) and then when He does come the debate will be over :) and I suspect we won't even care anymore when we behold His glory.

HankD

2. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

You showed Scripture that you think taught a pre-trib-"snatching away" of the Church but it does not. all it shows is the resurrection of believers. Absolutely nothing is said about being "snatched" out to avoid the great seven year tribulation.

3. OldRegular

I suspect it is because those who have been seduced by the concept of the pre-trib-"snatching away" of the Church are embarrassed that the blasphemous doctrine of a "parenthesis" Church is a part of pre-trib-dispensationalism.

They should be ashamed. But you and any others should be more ashamed of their claim that they were ignorant of that doctrine. I would note that "blessedwife318" posted the following:

Others should be as honest as she is!

4. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

So why don't you break that scripture down ? Instead of posting your own scripture which you believe refutes what was just written? Or you just simply say it is a lie and doing nothing, which is your MO.

You very seldom break anything down and very seldom try to prove why it is wrong. Simply calling it a lie or saying it false doesn't try to show why, it just shows your opinion. which is what almost all of us try to do on these Threads. The thing is you can't disuade me on what I believe the Holy Spirit lead me to believe anymore than I can disuade you, unless it is with documentation outside of the Bible like this post shows and which anyone can go on the internet or into their personal library and find.

5. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I find it interesting that no one has responded to my post where I break down the quotes showing that they don't support the Pre-Trib view as much as the OP would like them to.

6. OldRegular

The Scripture you posit as teaching the "snatching away" of the Church has been refuted by exegesis many times. Do you honestly believe one more time would change your mind?

7. OldRegular

They don't because they can't. That is their mode of operation. Ignore that which you can't refute or attack; and they don't want to attack you!

8. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

No but when you say it is a lie or false you should show how you believe it to false or a lie. Otherwise that comment is like hot air it fades away!

9. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We will see what happens in the other thread where I just took a part Matt 24 and 25 for them.

10. OldRegular

Don't accuse me of saying Scripture is a lie or false! Why don't you respond to "blessedwife318"?

11. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

I did respond to her in the other post we had a very discussion about it.

12. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

I broke it down for you in the other post.

13. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But you have not responded to the post I have done in this thread breaking down the church fathers statements

14. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

Post #50 is the answer to you here at least the one I have seen is there another I missed that I need to answer?

15. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry I missed your reply

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

16. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

Post #50 did answer her in here.

17. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I will snip and cut the vile attacks and using "heresy" or "blasphemy" words that may NOT be used on the BB to talk about other believers' interpretation.

And going to give a vacation soon . .

18. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So I finally got a chance to be at a computer long enough to google the quotes in the OP. Interesting if you ask me to look at them in context.

Here is the first one Cyrain of Carthage

Seems like he thought they were in the midst of the tribulation that Christ Foretold. Hard to believe in a pre-trib view when you think you are in the tribulation.

The entire context makes it clear that the early departure he is talking about is death. That is why context is so important.
    here is the Link

Pseudo Ephraim was a lot harder to find on Google, as most of them took me to rapture ready sites. But I did find this site that give a bit more context.

I wish I could find the entire thing but that was not coming up on google, so if someone could post a link that has the entire writings I would appreciate it.

Again death seems to be what he is talking about, unless you want to make the argument that only really ‘spiritual’ Christians will be ruptured while the rest of the ‘cardinal’ Christians will go into the tribulation.

19. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm surprised there is no response to this yet. Or did these early church father just get taken out I'd the equation?

20. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

No we see he taught a pre-trib view you don't see it that way, your free choice.