1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Calvinism and the Rapture

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Sapper Woody, Jan 16, 2015.

1. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    :wavey::thumbs::applause::thumbsup:

2. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Or you can read the truth about this man who you attempt to trash DHK;
    http://banneroftruth.org/us/store/history-biography/ernest-reisinger/

One looks back in awe at his remarkable activity. From it have come missionaries, gospel ministers and strong pillars in numerous churches – all of whom have had in their hearts a fire of zeal for Christ ignited by his personal attention and ministry.’ — WALTER J. CHANTRY

‘Ernie Reisinger has been a mentor, friend and great encourager to me in the ministry. I thank the Lord for his influence in my life.’ — TOM ASCOL

3. The Archangel

The Archangel Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You probably shouldn't cite sites that have no earthly idea what they are talking about...

The Archangel

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Just google the name. Site after site gives the same testimony.
    He was saved via the Salvation Army.
    He became an ardent soul winner.
    He joined the Presbyterians, and became a defender of Reformed doctrine including infant baptism! What a pity. Tell me a biographical site that doesn't say the same thing!
    http://www.theopedia.com/Ernest_Reisinger

Reisinger was a Presbyterian, one who baptized infants. And he defended those who practiced the same. Even theopedia testifies to this. How many other sites do I need to post before you will be convinced of the truth?

5. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

God saves His Chosen Ones as He desires.

Is there a real difference between baptizing an infant who is one month old or an infant who is four years old?

Actually I don't believe I ever sourced Reisinger before. Anyhow the point I was making was that initially Darby-pre-tribulational-rapture-ready-dispensational made inroads initially into the Presbyterian Denomination. You use that fact as an opportunity to slander Reisinger.

6. The Archangel

The Archangel Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are setting up a red herring. The issue isn't paedobaptism. The issue, with the link you posted, is the treatment, for example, of the Founders. If the writer of the article in the link you posted shows such a hideous, fact-less disdain for what the Founders are really about, I seriously doubt anything he's written about Reisinger is from an unbiased perspective.

The Archangel

7. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Like I said, I did a google search. I skimmed over many. They all said pretty much the same thing. I chose one, copy and pasted it. You didn't like that source, so I went through the same process again. This time I was more careful and chose a respected source like Theopedia. The facts remain the same.
    But as to the subject of the thread, I believe you are right. It is now somewhat of a red herring. It is taking up too much time and space.

8. OldRegular

I recall when you greeted with anger and disdain the learned remarks of pre-trib-dispensationalist Dr. Thomas Ice's about John Nelson Darby and his role in pre-trib-dispensationalism and the "parenthesis" church.

9. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

It is not anger OR. I have nothing to do with these men and don't understand why you use them. There are as many views of dispensationalism as there are dispensationalists on this board. If you are not willing to interact with them based on the Bible, it is not worth having a discussion with you. I have not read these books so they are totally irrelevant to me.
    Dispensationalism is taught in the Word of God. Therefore that is our authority.
    If you are not wiling to use the Word of God what can I say? Who is your authority then. It is not the same as mine.

10. OldRegular

Dispensationalism is absolutely not, I say not, taught in the Word of God, especially the pre-trib-rapture-ready-dispensationalism {PTRRD}! You have never presented one word of Scripture that proves a pre-trib-rapture!

The word dispensation occurs only four times in the Bible, all in the New Testament, all meaning stewardship. God deals with people through covenants, all instituted because of His Grace. That is the Biblical Truth. The word covenant or covenants appears 275 times in the Bible!

How can anyone interact with pre-trib-rapture-ready-dispensationalists {PTRRD} by using the Word of God when not one is willing to, if they can, respond to the following challenge; ten years old and counting!:

#30 OldRegular, Jan 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2015
  11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Numbers don't tell much. The word "trinity" is not found once.
    Here is the OP:
    So, within the confines of the OP, I will answer your question.
    Are the Calvinists that believe in the Pre-trib position?
    The answer to that question is yes. John MacArthur does. On the first page you will find some others mentioned as well. But the rest of my answer will be devoted to quotes from MacArthur's position since he is both Cal and pre-trib. Fair enough?

From the book "Because the time is near: John MacArthur explains the Book of Revelation."
    Now here is John MacArthur's answer to someone like yourself, one who scoffs and scorns at the Dispensational point of view. I leave you with his answer and that should be sufficient.
    https://donjobson.wordpress.com/201...-u-h-will-get-you-rapture-ready-for-saturday/

12. OldRegular

Am I supposed to fall on my knees and knock my head against the floor seven times because MacArthur is a dispensationalists. Frankly he has little reason to boast.

I have challenged any pre-trib-dispensationalist on this BB for 10 years to present one, just one, passage of Scripture that teaches a pre-trib-rapture of the Church. Others have asked the same question. You claim to debate using the Bible then do so. Present that passage of Scripture!

13. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

And your challenge was answered from the link above:
    http://the-end-time.blogspot.ca/2011...ibulation.html

But I will repost the information again for your sake:
    There is a lot of Scripture to go through. Please don't tell me that you have never seen "even one scripture posted." That would be a lie.

14. OldRegular

The info on your link!

Sorry, the page you were looking for in this blog does not exist.

15. OldRegular

I would not even call that interpretation eisegesis, it is simply deliberate falsehood in an attempt to justify a false doctrine. The pre-trib-rapture was invented by John Nelson Darby out of "Whole Cloth". I have presented information showing how he came by that falsehood. He read Isaiah 32 and apparently had some special message from the Holy Spirit. That is the similar to the claim of Joseph Smith that he the book of Mormon in King James English on gold pages. It simply is not as blatant!

Isaiah 32:1-20
    1 Behold, a king shall reign in righteousness, and princes shall rule in judgment.
    2 And a man shall be as an hiding place from the wind, and a covert from the tempest; as rivers of water in a dry place, as the shadow of a great rock in a weary land.
    3 And the eyes of them that see shall not be dim, and the ears of them that hear shall hearken.
    4 The heart also of the rash shall understand knowledge, and the tongue of the stammerers shall be ready to speak plainly.
    5 The vile person shall be no more called liberal, nor the churl said to be bountiful.
    6 For the vile person will speak villany, and his heart will work iniquity, to practise hypocrisy, and to utter error against the LORD, to make empty the soul of the hungry, and he will cause the drink of the thirsty to fail.
    7 The instruments also of the churl are evil: he deviseth wicked devices to destroy the poor with lying words, even when the needy speaketh right.
    8 But the liberal deviseth liberal things; and by liberal things shall he stand.
    9 Rise up, ye women that are at ease; hear my voice, ye careless daughters; give ear unto my speech.
    10 Many days and years shall ye be troubled, ye careless women: for the vintage shall fail, the gathering shall not come.
    11 Tremble, ye women that are at ease; be troubled, ye careless ones: strip you, and make you bare, and gird sackcloth upon your loins.
    12 They shall lament for the teats, for the pleasant fields, for the fruitful vine.
    13 Upon the land of my people shall come up thorns and briers; yea, upon all the houses of joy in the joyous city:
    14 Because the palaces shall be forsaken; the multitude of the city shall be left; the forts and towers shall be for dens for ever, a joy of wild asses, a pasture of flocks;
    15 Until the spirit be poured upon us from on high, and the wilderness be a fruitful field, and the fruitful field be counted for a forest.
    16 Then judgment shall dwell in the wilderness, and righteousness remain in the fruitful field.
    17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
    18 And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places;
    19 When it shall hail, coming down on the forest; and the city shall be low in a low place.
    20 Blessed are ye that sow beside all waters, that send forth thither the feet of the ox and the ass.

Now how many on this BB can get what Darby claims to have received.

16. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

17. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Jordan also identified your problem:
    http://www.baptistboard.com/showpost.php?p=2167030&postcount=47

That was in April of 2013. You are still perpetuating lies.

18. OldRegular