1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Child Psychopaths

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by FR7 Baptist, May 18, 2012.

1. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Some who claim Scripture authority has all the answers would view this Scripture as the final "medical prescription" for the unruly child. For is this not what the Scriptures teach, therefore it is the only final solution?

"Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place; and they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear."​

I have always been somewhat alarmed at the righteously rigid view of those who had troubled childhood; they boast of knowing just how to handle these children, yet historically have been failures as parents. I have NEVER seen one adult coming from a troubled childhood background, who neglecting counsel and assistance from professionals to deal with their own childhood trauma, that knew what to do other than physical punishment or extreme permissiveness. Each making claim of Scriptural proof for their view.

2. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Agedman, I have two beautiful, balanced and popular children, 18 & 20. They have outstanding values and have been a positive influence to a multitude of their peers. It was suggested my son be treated by your kind of secular loving "professionals" for ADD 3 times YET he just graduated this last week, on time, WITHOUT any permanent mind altering drugs and with good grades and while holding down a job.

I have talked several parents who had been prompted by teachers out of using those types of drugs for treatments like that and have received much gratitude many thanks for my advice and counseling. I explain how conditions such as these can be used as a blessing, be used make a person stronger.

I just had a long talk with my son yesterday and told him how proud I was of him while we went over avoiding temptations and upholding his values and reinforcing why this is important. You see, my son is very handsome, smart and muscular and it seems every beautiful at his school is pursuing him YET he is a virgin and proud of it. I have never heard him use foul language and many of his peers are astounded at these fact. He is a happy child and has never been in a fight and is a role model that any Christian parent would be proud of.

My daughter ran the praise team at a 600 member church for two years before going to college. She was the president of the choir at her 2,400 student public high school for 2 years and lead Christian songs at each and every event they held. She has continually stood up for her values against many tribulations and can and does debate with the best of the opposition who are trying to condone issues like abortion, gay marriage, and gives strong reason to stay pure and stick to these values that has affected countless numbers of her peers. She has been an honor student since the 3rd grade and is going to college on a full ride academic scholarship. She continues to debate college professors on these matters of Christian values and they are no match for her. She also is beautiful, fit, a virgin, and again I have never heard a foul word come out of her mouth.

My daughter will be flying to SC next month to be the maid of honor at my ex-pastor's daughter's wedding. His daughter had serious problems as a teenager and my daughter, two years younger, pulled her out of it and put her on the right path. My ex and present pastors would shake their heads at your judgmental assumptions concerning my children and my ability. I was very respected and the favorite Sunday school teacher at my church until I quit to focus on my own college education to become a physical therapist which I also just graduated from this week after being a high school dropout.

I went into being a father without a clue in how to be one and at times it seems amazing to me that these children came out of me, but none the less they did.

My children know much about my past as I used many examples from it to explain how things went wrong and how to avoid them and they deeply love and respect me and would laugh at your opinion!

Do you want to know the TRUTH about how that happened...how I learned to raise my children to be such outstanding young adults???

After all the things I overcame my heart was hardened, I was incapable of love because of the fear of being hurt further. I got married anyway but it was about to end when my wife became pregnant. After two years of misery of sticking out my marriage, because I felt obligated to not leave my child as I was left, I noticed my daughter who had cracked my heart wide open and softened it beginning to act to like me: depressed, angry and sad. My marriage was not only on it's very last leg but my I realized no matter how much I had overcome I was still not not going to win my battle in life and was failing as a father to someone I loved and cared for more than life itself.

I was tough as steel but this was more than I could bare. I had no answers for this and the once again the writing was on the wall. I knew for a fact there was NO ONE in this world that could help me through this, no counselor, psychologist, NO ONE! I cried out to a GOD I knew nothing about and asked to know Him, for Him to guide me in my life. I told Him that I knew no one could on this earth could help me but that I believed He could. I told Him my way wasn't working and I didn't know how to communicate with Him. I put away my pride and begged Him to have a relationship with me so I could do things "His" way. After more than a decade of not daring to shed a tear I cried my eyes out while I asked for His help.

That night I suddenly felt a comforting kind of peace come over me that was unexplainable at the time but no doubt real. The next morning I picked a Bible that someone had given me years before and that I knew absolutely nothing about and started reading. To make a another long story short God began to speak to me through those Words and I quickly learned that He was answering my prayers and guiding me with all His wisdom and truth about how to live my life through those Words. Mathew 7:7.

Now you have pal! God was my professional and His counseling taught me everything I needed to know when the wisdom and ways of NO MAN could have EVER helped me. Sorry, if you all are so hung up on the wisdom of the world that this is so hard for you to believe! Romans 12:2.

#22 Benjamin, May 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2012
  3. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

agedman Have you ever really looked back at what you write and noticed just how much of the time you deny the word of God for secular beliefs or your own personal formed ones that go totally against the word of God as it is written while you tell those who have followed God’s word and found the victory in obeying what it says the way it says it but you tell them that they are wrong and it will not work?

#23 freeatlast, May 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2012
  4. Fred's Wife

Fred's Wife Member

Thank you Bro. Benjamin for your wonderful and awesome testimony of God's goodness and mercy. The victory is truly His!

Great ending verse!

Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

5. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Praise God for your faithfulness to stand on the word instead of what the secular world is claiming. God truly is faithful and we just have to believe and not shrink back to experience the truth of His word. Great testimony! :applause:

6. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Have you ever thought that there are Christians in the same profession who gave you that advice who would also agree with you?

The thing you are saying is much like saying because one Christian does not act like a Christian therefore all Christians are stupid.

Do you really expect doctors to be 100% correct? Do you expect of yourself to be correct 100% of the time?

In my profession I see ignorant Christians doing sloppy work because of their ignorance but that does not make them evil people. They are simply ignorant and do not know it but will realize it when they gain more experience.

The fact is today that the U.S. is becoming more and more liberal but where are the Christians who say something? In the grave?

7. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I figured, because these seemed to take offense at my post shown below, that I would respond to them in this post.

My post:
    Very good. Glad it worked for you.

Glad I could give them a laugh. :)

But, I am not certain what "opinion" you are referring; perhaps it was the Scripture I posted. If so that wasn't opinion; it was the the Word of God. Surely you agree with the Word of God?

So, I am assuming this is when you became a believer?

Do you not think Godly professionals would not have aided you in becoming self aware of your need of Christ?

This is a validation that the Holy Spirit will guide the believer into all truth for their living and life.

I will respond to this part below

Would you please post specifically when I "deny the word of God for secular beliefs or your own personal formed ones that go totally against the word of God..."

Would you please post specifically in what post I have told "those who have followed God’s word and found the victory in obeying what it says the way it says it but you tell them that they are wrong and it will not work?"

I would call all on the forum to search for any such occasions that I could "confess and forsake" such sin.

I am not so "puffed up" as to acknowledge when I may have posted error; I have certainly called others to account for doing so, and have no problem calling my own posts into account, too.

Now to deal with what might have been offensive in the post I made that is quoted above.

First, "I have NEVER seen" does not equate to "it does not exist;" it is that I have never witnessed.

Second, "who neglecting counsel and assistance from professionals" means that the person does not even seek the counsels or counselors of God, because they are self convinced of their own righteousness.

Third, "historically have been failures as parents" is not an unknown nor infrequent phenomena. Anyone who has been part of working with adults and children of trauma has seen the evidence and knows the statement is true.

Fourth, "what to do other than physical punishment or extreme permissiveness" has been shown actually factual on this forum. FAL has stated that caning and sterilization are excellent ways dealing with social problems; yet he would be critical when I quote Deuteronomy?

8. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Fal does have Scriptural points.
    I wonder if he agrees with this one:

Deuteronomy 21:18-21 If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them: Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place; And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear. :D

9. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Yes I agree with that under a patriarcle system and a theocracy. By the way that is speaking about an adult not a child. So yes in the context it is given I agree with it.

10. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

For this the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

Is there hope?

11. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We do not agree with it and do not have the heart for it and I do not believe there is any way I could do it, so what happens.

The child grows up murders, maybe even his father and mother, is caught, tried, convicted to death, studied for years, many appeals, and finely is stoned, put to death.

Is the true culprit in my previous post?

Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

Just how long has God known who the culprit is and did God have a plan?

The Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

12. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where do you find the Deuteronomy passage is speaking about an adult and not a child?

13. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Because the context of the passage says "he is a glutton, and a drunkard" and it suggest that is a practice and the person cqannot be controled in those areas where a child could.

14. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Interesting view, but the context doesn't support the age qualifier as you suggest.

Even in our age there have been gluttons and intoxicated children. Sadly, neither gluttony or consumption of intoxicants has an age barrier.

15. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Yes the context does suppport an adult.

16. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You assume that parents can control gluttony and drunkenness of a child 11 years old?

17. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

The passage is speaking about an adult son.

18. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Looking through the context, and the original language, does not support that conclusion.

Perhaps you have other Scriptural support for your view or it merely an assumption on your part?

19. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Looking at the wording of the original language supports the understanding it is speaking about an adult.

20. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    FAL,

I don't see the original language warrant the assumption you make.

Perhaps you would post how you came to this assumption.