1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Christ the Advocate !

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by savedbymercy, Apr 28, 2012.

1. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

the bib

I never said it did. The Spirit's obligation however is premised on the Death of Christ and it's immense Value before the Throne of God, which you Blaspheme and Deny it has any value at all without the Work of The Spirit !

The Father finds immense Value in the Death of Christ, and His Surety ship obligations, that the Father never charged the Elect with their sins, before the foundation of the world ! Christ was the designated Surety in the Everlasting Covenant Before the World began !

You are still a Blasphemer against Christ !

BTW, The Elect are Saved by God's Purpose of Election in Christ before the World began 2 Tim 1:9

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

His Surety ship Alone saved the Elect according to God's own purpose and grace [ The Purpose of Election of Grace Rom 9:11;11:5]

Rom 9:11

11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth )

Rom 11:5-6

5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

This being saved is based Solely upon the Covenant Surety ship of Christ, in that in time He shed His Blood, so its called Rev 13:8

And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

All subsequent salvations of the Elect in time are premised on the Lamb slain from the Foundation, because of the Everlasting Covenant He was made their Surety, and so God in Justice could not charge the Elect with any Transgressions ! NONE, NOT EVER ! The Holy Spirit had nothing to do with that, but bear witness to the Covenant and agreed to perform His work in time !

2. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Oh yes you did! You repeatedly claimed that the work of Christ alone in and by itself ALONE apart from the covenant works of both the Father and Spirit sufficiently saves. Now you are back peddling!

3. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

the bib

Now you are resorting to lying. Christ's Death does have worth and value in and of itself apart from the Holy Spirit, I will never back down from that, but you blaspheme and says it does not !

And the whole premise of this thread, the Advocay work of Christ, has absolutely nothing to do with the Work of the Spirit, Nothing !

#23 savedbymercy, May 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2012
  4. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

The only liar here is you! You consistently misrepresent what I repeatedly repeat over and over and over again and that is the work of the Son is worthless apart from the covenant work of THE FATHER and THE SPIRIT - not one or the other but BOTH! I have repeated stated that what is worthless is ONE without the other TWO! It takes at least TWO to have a covenant of redemption but it takes THREE to have the eternal covenant of redemption. Omitting TWO makes the other ONE WORTHLESS.

You repeately omit "THE FATHER" and repeatedly PERVERT my position as though I am contrasting the Son's work to the Holy Spirit's work when I am not. Stop perverting my position.

My position is that without ALL THREE COVENANT PERSON's there is NO COVENANT at all and thus no REDEMPTION at all. Therefore, no single Person and no single covenant work stands alone as sufficient IN AND OF ITSELF APART FROM the other two.

5. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

The Advocay work of Christ, has absolutely nothing to do with the Work of the Spirit, Nothing !

6. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Don't change the subject! Again you omit the Father and His work. Again you attempt to pervert my position when there is no excuse but willful intential perversion of my position.

The work of the Spirit is also the work of ADVOCACY or do you know the meaning of another "comforter" in John 14-16 or have you read Romans 8:26-27?

Do not you know that the term "advocate" used in 1 John 2:1 is the very exact same Greek term "Parakletos" used in John 14-16 repeatedly of the Holy Spirit and his work in behalf of the elect?????

7. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

The Advocay work of Christ, has absolutely nothing to do with the Work of the Spirit, Nothing !

8. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

John says of the advocate, and who it is specifically 1 Jn 2:1-2

My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

The Holy Spirit is not the Advocate for the Elect, He did not Die for anyone sins, neither is His Righteousness imputed to any of the Elect !

Christ's Advocacy is for not only the believing elect, but also for the unbelieving elect, for their sins have been paid for just as the beliving elect, God's Law and Justice has been satisfied on their behalf as well By Christ's Death Alone..

9. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Are you trying to say that everyone is forgiven and bound for heaven, or are you saying that everyone has an opportunity to repent and be covered by the blood of Jesus Christ for their sins? But only those who take the gift offered by God through faith will be saved?

10. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

We have an Advocate with the Father but we have an Advocate within ourselves also and both are essential to be saved and one without the other produces NO SALVATION whatsoever!

11. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

The Holy Spirit is not the Advocate for the Elect, He did not Die for anyone sins, neither is His Righteousness imputed to any of the Elect !

Christ's Advocacy is for not only the believing elect, but also for the unbelieving elect, for their sins have been paid for just as the beliving elect, God's Law and Justice has been satisfied on their behalf as well By Christ's Death Alone..

12. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

You are simply ignorant that the ADVOCACY in regard to the salvation of the elect extends further than the mere work of One Person of the Godhead! Jesus calls the Holy Spirit "another" (Gr. allos) Advocate, meaning another of the SAME KIND of Advocate.

I jn. 2:1 uses the same Greek word "parakletos" used by Jesus for the Holy Spirit making the work of the Holy Spirit EQUALLY significant to the salvation of the elect as that of the Sons. One without the other is WORTHLESS! Either without the work of the Father is WORTHLESS!

13. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

14. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you deny that the Holy Spirit is doing SAME for the saint now, as BOTH jesus and Him are called the same in the Greek towards us?

Do you deny that it NOT just jesus only, but all 3 of the Godhead active in saving us?

15. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

The question now is whether or not Christ's Advocacy work is successful for all that He died for, and satisfied God's Law and Justice in behalf of ? I say it is very successful, and that God will in Justice not hold any condemnation for Christ's sake against any for whom Christ represents before Him , which is all for whom He died !

16. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God applies all that Christ did on behalf of His elect when we place faith in Christ!

How does God apply his grace towards us IF not thru faith in christ, as THAT is ONLY way in the Bible?

17. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

If any perish in their sins for whom Christ did die, and was an Advocate for, then Christ's Advocacy did not prevail with God and His Law and Justice for those who must still die in their sins !