1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Criteria for Enabling Belief for the Select Elect

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by humblethinker, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Herald

Herald New Member

Skan,

I followed your argument from the beginning. I responded to the idea, not the personalities involved.

2. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

Personalities? I'm not sure what you are talking about. I'm referring only to the arguments. Ann suggested that in our view we could claim to be better and I argued that is no more true of our view than hers. I stand by that argument and your insistence that it doesn't apply to your view isn't a refutation of my original argument, but indeed a support for it.

3. HeirofSalvation

HeirofSalvation Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

It means EXACTLY what it says, namely: that God "works" all things...in lieu of the Calvinist notion which reads it as if it says he: "causes" all things.

Since Scripture is the best thing to use in interpreting Scripture, it may also be wise to cross-reference the same apostle to the Romans:

Rom 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to [his] purpose.

Here is, again, God, assuring us (as believers) that God will "work" all things to his desired ultimate ends....you know, as the text you quoted says. It is not, of course, saying that all things which occur are initially concieved of in the mind of God, and that all things which occur are perfectly in consonant with his perfect will. God is assuring us that no matter what occurs, we can be confident that God has either caused it, or he has permitted it/allowed it, and that He will WORK all things TOGETHER for his ultimate purpose..