1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Dispensationalists: Why is This Version of Israel THE One of Prophecy?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by InTheLight, Jul 31, 2012.

1. thomas15

thomas15 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let me say this as clearly and plainly as possible. Will the poster named AresMan please grow up. Any questions?

2. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Who needs to grow up?

The above is a sample of thomas15"s posts! Now there is a mature Christian!

3. thomas15

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you or anyone else have any comments or concerns, feel free to ask!

4. Greektim

Greektim Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    My concern is what this thread has become by all involved. Ready for a shutdown on this one.

5. thomas15

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you for your concern!

6. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Man of Sin, the Beast, and John said that the spirit of such is loosed in the world even at his time, but he also looked to a coming AntiChrist!

7. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    NONE here who hold to Dispy theology of some form has said that though!

My point is that both Dispy and non agree that right now, in this present age, jews MUST receive yeshua as messiah, same as gentiles...

We just hold that God did NOT cast away the jews forever, did not put all OT promises into the Church!

8. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Again, the jews have NO special deal with God right now going on, other than they MUSYT receive yeshua as the messiah in order to get saved!

now when end times formally hit, God will deal with national isreal, to prepare them for the coming again of yeshua to be their King, but NOT right now!

9. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Not right now, Not ever! With the Incarnation and Crucifixion God's purpose for Israel was finished!

10. Bronconagurski

Bronconagurski New Member

The prayerful study of Ephesians 3:4-5; Eph. 3:9; Col. 1:26 and Romans 16:26 reveals that a N.T. mystery is that which had been hidden, kept secret, and not made known to men in previous ages, but which has now been made manifest and revealed and made known to God’s saints in this present age by the N.T. apostles and prophets. That is indisputable, though you try to beat the air with your assertions. The scriptures make you out as untruthful, sir.

11. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Jesus Is King Right now. We are in the Last days.Old Regular has pointed this out.

12. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Welcome to the Bb....

These are good verses. The mystery is that Gentiles come in on equal footing with the remnant of saved Israelites.:wavey:

13. michael-acts17:11

Site Supporter

Ok, I have a completely unrelated question. Why am I seeing a banner of busty women on this page? I can only imagine what they are trying to sell. Is there a way to filter out the ads we prefer not to have on our screens?

#233 michael-acts17:11, Aug 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2012
  14. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes....then they said they were not interested in young men, but us:laugh:
    I noticed they did not seem to be arrayed in modest apparel.....but resembled the strange woman Solomon warned about:type:
    Maybe they desire bible study and just do not know how to sign in???:laugh:

15. Bronconagurski

Before I entertain that idea, I must know who you are calling the remnant of saved Israelites. Are they from the day of Pentecost on? And what about the Israelites in the O.T.? Does the church include those people, as well as Gentiles in the O.T.? And if the church was revealed in the O.T., why didn't the Gentiles have equal footing then?

Oh, and thanks for the welcome.

#235 Bronconagurski, Aug 9, 2012
  16. Bronconagurski

If Reformed theology is correct about grace and the church, one has to wonder why more Israelites, and I mean overwhelmingly, were saved in the O.T., and more Gentiles are being saved now? Of course, if you are a hyper-Calvinist, what difference does it make?

I have always thought it was very convenient to spiritualize scripture you don't understand or believe, but say it is literal when it says what you want it to say. When the bible doesn't use language that indicates spiritualization is called for, then it should not be done.

It seems to me that progressive dispensationalists have moved toward reformed theology in order to get along, while reformed theology has not compromised one bit. Then, for P.D's, it's just a hop, skip and jump to amil. Then another short step to being fully reformed. Congrats, reformed, you have stated your case well. Only Paul refutes it in several places already named. You have to use the whole council of God and take if literal for what it says.

17. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

We have a winner!

18. Winman

Winman Active Member

You could use Mozilla Firefox, they have a feature that filters out all ads.

19. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

...and Google Chrome

20. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    B....
    paul quotes isa 17 times from romans 9-15...this verse is one quoted
    [QUOTE24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

25 As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.

26 And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people; there shall they be called the children of the living God.

27 Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:

28 For he will finish the work, and cut it short in righteousness: because a short work will the Lord make upon the earth.

29 And as Esaias said before, Except the Lord of Sabaoth had left us a seed, we had been as Sodoma, and been made like unto Gomorrha.
    30 What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith.

31 But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness.

32 Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;

33 As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
    ][/QUOTE]

24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

All in Romans 9:thumbsup::wavey::thumbsup:

and romans 115 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.
    6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.

paul sums it up;
    8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:

9 And that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy; as it is written, For this cause I will confess to thee among the Gentiles, and sing unto thy name.

10 And again he saith, Rejoice, ye Gentiles, with his people.

11 And again, Praise the Lord, all ye Gentiles; and laud him, all ye people.

12 And again, Esaias saith, There shall be a root of Jesse, and he that shall rise to reign over the Gentiles; in him shall the Gentiles trust.
    13 Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

#240 Iconoclast, Aug 9, 2012