1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Exposing False Dectrine

Discussion in 'Fundamental Baptist Forum' started by desertjim, Oct 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. desertjim

desertjim New Member

Call me whatever you want. I'm appalled that you people call yourselves by the IFB name.

Yes, I'm divisive when it comes to dividing TRUTH from ERROR, but that proves that we are in the end times.

You can also call yourselves anything you want, but can say you have a 5-legged dog if you call his tail a leg, but in reality, he still only has four legs.

I just don't understand why you folks are even on this list. You don't sound like "any" IFB folks I have ever met.

You are name-callers, spinners (liars) and probably don't know Christ from a fence post. He knows, I don't, but we are told how we will know folks. It's called discernment.

I'm gonna go back and debate with the RCCs folks. I already KNOW most of them are LOST, but maybe I can offer something that will help.

You guys sound more like a "den of vipers" that the RCCs do.

I can only give you the advice Paul gave some: "Examine yourselves to see if you be in the faith".

2. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

Maybe we could link up Desert Jim with Sanderson.....Since both aren't too far apart from each other (in more ways than geographically), I'm sure they'd make quite a pair.

3. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

True. Reformed Baptist here.

I'd bet you're just plain divisive period. By the way, jim, tell us how and when false teachers just 'come up' in your church.

Thank God for that, we'd not like ourselves too well if we were what you liked.

lol...says the one name-calling. Then calls salvation into question. Yes, yes, we MUST be false teachers since we didn't carry you on our shoulders in support of your OP cheering along the way. Actually your OP shows you to be the one in error, not the pastors you've allegedly confronted. Did you tell them to preach against false doctrine 'when it comes up'? I have a feeling it 'comes up' whenever your lips are moving. Hey man, did you escape Steve Anderson's church? :smilewinkgrin:

We will miss you dearly jim. :tear:

:tongue3: :love2:

Now that is good advice.

4. desertjim

desertjim New Member

If he has a fundamental/conservative bone in his body, please do!!

5. desertjim

desertjim New Member

"True. Reformed Baptist here".

Yeah, sure. Had the forum been named that, you wouldn't have seen my name. Your list owner needs to straighten those things out. The board would run more smoothly if he would title the groups correctly. His error.

6. preacher4truth

Tell us jim, what makes a fundamentalist a fundamentalist.

#26 preacher4truth, Oct 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2013
  7. preacher4truth

I am Reformed Baptist, NOT this forum.

Do you like Charles Spurgeon?

8. desertjim

desertjim New Member

Whatever makes an IFB, certainly isn't what makes those of you who replied today. There may be some IFBs in this group who are so easily intimidated by the likes of you folks that they don't bother to even post.........of............they may have fled in disappointment!!

Spurgeon? Edwards? What do they have to do with the price of tea in China? Surely you wouldn't compare yourself with them, would you? I might be more inclined to compare you with CS Lewis, but I might be discrediting him too much.

9. preacher4truth

jim, you show to a T the reason many cannot stand the fundies due to the hostility and vitriol they spew. But you'll never see it without intervention. Unfotunately many like you in IFB churches have turned them into a neo-Pharisaistic sect bordering on being a cult.

Thank God I am away from that mess and thanks for the reminder as to why.

10. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, one man's false may be another man's true. That's why he was asking what YOU are considering false.

For example, I consider modalism, salvation by worx, "faith/prosperity", the KJVO myth, and man-made rules of worship to be false, among others.

#30 robycop3, Oct 19, 2013
  11. jonathan.borland

jonathan.borland Active Member

Go join the fightin fundy board, brother. Your divisiveness, without even attempting to communicate the actual errors of others, is enough to receive a couple rebukes and then dismissal from the board. Divisive people like you is where we get the word heretic from. Repent from your pompous heretical divisiveness or go the way of the fool to destruction.

12. desertjim

desertjim New Member

So, then, you are a hypocrite?

An "amateur electrician" on a "professional plumbers" board?

Isn't there a forum that more closely "advertises" what you really are?

13. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Considering what one good Christina brother considers "false" and another considers "true", asking for clarification is not out of line. We want to know what we are condemning before taking a position on a given case. It's just prudent.

14. desertjim

desertjim New Member

Far be it from me to try and "divide" such a group! I hope you all stay here and don't try to infiltrate a good bunch of folks!

I'd say that you are more heretical than I by being on this board representing yourself to be a fundamentalist when you are NOT one. I haven't a clue what you folks are. Why don't you tell me? I've never ran into such a group of men who claim the name of Christ! Well, I guess I have, actually, because the RCC folks claim the name of Christ too, as do the Mormons.

15. preacher4truth

As I said we have here in jim a time-released troll. Took him a year plus to get going.

16. desertjim

desertjim New Member

I disagree. It matters not what "I" consider a false doctrine nor does it matter what "you" consider a false doctrine.

What sayeth the word of the Lord, is what matters. And I clearly posted two verses that explained it.

I guess some do not want understanding because with understanding and wisdom it is really hard to argue, isn't it? With lack of wisdom and no spiritual insight, we have to rely on what "one brother considers", and lay aside the Word of God. Nope, not me! I don't do that.

That is exactly the problem with the Church today. I think the Lord is vomiting right now and ready to "spew" most of the churches out.

17. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you are referring to just the verses you cited, many here would separate and seek to expose such false doctrine. They go the the heart of defending the Gospel.

18. desertjim

desertjim New Member

Isn't that what I was asking about to start with?

No one has been interested in anything Godly that I can see.

Preacher for the truth? Doesn't seem that anyone is interested in seeking the truth. They seem to be more interested in running folks down.

Sure not like Christians I would want to associate with in any capacity.

I know there are jokers on all lists, even so-called Christian lists, who are only on there for the fun of it or because they have nothing better to do, so maybe that's what I have run into here.

I know that satan is right in the middle of it, that's for sure! Isn't he always there for for his own benefit? Laughing under his breath!!

God Bless

19. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :laugh:Writing this cause I just wanted to cancel a double post, but it wouldn't let me just delete - had to talk to satisfy the red tape directives.
    So do not read if you hate red tape as much as I do!!!!!:laugh:

#39 just-want-peace, Oct 19, 2013
  20. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This whole thread is exactly like one or two of the political topics - anybody notice the "pattern" and style similarities?

Methinks we have one poster who is registered under two names!! Think maybe? :smilewinkgrin::laugh:

Can't get a straight or reasonably sensible answer from either.:sleep:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.