1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured God unchanging and unchangeable

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Iconoclast, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    "Benjamin

I did not hear anyone saying they needed to know this info you are sharing...We have not seen any evidence of you being able to do this, not even a cut and paste...lol

a logical need;
    the logically necessary;

You are looking for a version of logic or whatever....we deal in scriptural truth. All this "logic' searching takes place in your head, but not in reality.

This is your continuous attack....no one believes the caricature you present.

. CautiousCautious rambling aimlessly.

The false attack continuesThumbsdownThumbsdown
    No one here does that.....no one here believes this fatalism nonsense.Redface
    No Calvinist does this...not one. This is a wicked falsehood.
    Free will does not exist but in the minds of rebellious man who are not content to do the will of God.

• Like Like x 3
  2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You mean like this?

When God converts a sinner, and translates him into the state of grace, he frees him from his natural bondage under sin, and by his grace alone enables him freely to will and to do that which is spiritually good;

3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Kind of like the Free Grace Theology thread you started.

4. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not really.
    The "preceding grace (prevenient grace)" is given before conversion.

It is supposedly used by God to allow the human of their own "free will" to engage with God to either choose salvation or reject that offer. Upon accepting salvation, by placing their faith in Christ, then the Holy Spirit takes His place in that "void" that only He can fill.

I have noticed that there is a key difference between the Arminian and the Calvinistic use of this "doctrine." The Arminian views this grace as being able to be resisted, and the Calvinistic view is that the grace is not resistible. (Irresistible Grace - the "I" of TULIP)

Imo, such grace is never seen in the Scriptures and especially as the Arminian would view the use. The Calvinistic view may have some traction, but again, the injection of some kind of "free will" into the mix destroys any real connection.

There is no room for "free will" prior to conversion.

5. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    BTW, Hello Internet Theologian, thanks for your meaningful input into the discussion. Welcome to the board! Glad to meet you, although for some reason I get the sneaky suspicion we have possibly met before. [​IMG]

#45 Benjamin, Nov 22, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
  6. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe not so far a distance as some would like to believe when it comes to the logical necessity to uphold free will to meet the truth of biblical conditions of salvation rather than theological fatalism:

A Concise Description of Prevenient Grace from a Surprising Source

7. Internet Theologian

Internet Theologian Well-Known Member

I'm on several forums. Hey I took a look at that forum you're advertising in your signature there and that place is dead, why advertise it on this board? Do you run that site?

#47 Internet Theologian, Nov 22, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2015