1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured God's will

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Judith, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Judith

Judith Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry I would have to look up too many words to translate that and even then I might not know what you said. :smilewinkgrin:

2. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Arguments from personal incredulity are akin to saying my mind is made up, do not confuse me with facts inconsistent with my preconceptions.

All this can be restated in sandbox verbiage as :tongue3:

3. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

God's decretive will always comes to pass. Ephesians 1:11, Job 42:2. God said let their be light, and there was light.

God's preceptive will doesn't always come to pass. God has allowed man to disobey His precepts. God's ultimate will will always be done. God says to not commit adultery, but men commit adultery. God has said not to steal, but men steal.

4. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Choosing is not the issue here. The issue is violating His revealed law. He permits violation of his revealed law. He does not permit violation of his sovereign purposes, as he specifically states that concerning all his purposes "I will do it"

My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:
    11 Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it.

However, the ten commandments are also His REVEALED will for man to obey and yet he PERMITS violation.

For example, prophecy are part of God's sovereign will and that is why no one can thwart them, but they all come to pass. Indeed, that is the test of a true prophet, if his prophecy does not come to pass, he is a false prophet and never sent by God.

I notice that you never respond with evidence, with scripture to support your assertions (at least you don't to my posts). Just making assertions don't make your assertions correct as anyone can do that. Provide some Biblical evidence that what I have shown by scripture is false. Show how will of purpose which God says "ALL" that he purposed will be done, whereas that is not true concerning his revealed will in Scripture as it is not done, but violated every single day by men and demons.

5. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    {rophecy is an excellent point on this issue, as what God purposed and determined drom Eternity past was ans will be perfectly fulfilled in History, but the items such as Nazi death camps NOT His determined Will, but he still made good to come from that, as the world allowed the jews to get back their nation again!