1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Holy Spirit

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by awaken, Aug 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No sign gifts are happening today...you can believe the false all you want, but it will not change things at all... you can have all of these guys also:laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a54iqEr1flQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SgByE0pX1M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWPbywYHbEA&feature=related

or maybe it comes in the form of heavy metal annointing;
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnpQ1cm3jrA&feature=related

It's all yours friend....not buying what your selling.

2. awaken

awaken Active Member

Sounds like why Jesus could do no miracles in his own hometown?:tongue3:

3. awaken

awaken Active Member

Further, neither Jesus nor the writers of Scripture ever described two Churches, meaning an "early Church" (which ended when the New Testament was completed or the last apostle) and a "modern Church," so these terms are misleading. There is only one Church, and only one Church Age, and only one body of Christ, and therefore we are part of the same New Testament Church that was born at Pentecost. To illustrate this, consider a new Christian who has not absorbed any biases from Christian friends or church leaders. Imagine that he is so hungry to know the Lord that he reads through the entire New Testament several times. When this person goes to church for the very first time in his life, wouldn't he expect to see people sometimes speaking in tongues, laying hands on the sick, prophesying, and so on? After all, this is the only type of church experience which is described in the New Testament!

The entire Church Age (from Pentecost until the Rapture) is supposed to be an age of miracles, and this includes all of the miraculous gifts of the Spirit. Jesus told the disciples that they will receive power when they are baptized in the Holy Spirit, and this happened after they believed.

You can say the Holy Spirit is different now and does not manifest the way He did then....but in reality are you not denying the POWER of the HOLY SPIRIT?

4. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes ,I know Awaken.....
    Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

and of course....you are going to do greater works....

but I would keep another verse in mind;
    The videos I posted are full of such liars....do not follow them:wavey:

5. awaken

awaken Active Member

So what do the serpents and scorpions mean in scriptures? Are they not enemies? We do have authority over our enemy, don't we?

Unbelief is a sad thing...:tear:

6. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No one is denying the Holy Spirit at all. We are just understanding what the scripture teaches.
    The apostles were unique and used of God to give a complete revelation,.God allowed signs and wonders to credential HIs word.
    We have the complete word.The Spirit quickens it to those who believe.

read the context...that was spoken to the seventy....not you

7. awaken

awaken Active Member

I have never denied anything you just posted! But I also do not add to it by saying the manifestaion of the Holy Spirit was done away!

8. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No one says the Holy Spirit has gone away ...as sign gifts have ceased...

Awaken...can I ask you a question?

Have you or anyone you know.....BOUND SATAN, IN JESUS NAME?

9. awaken

awaken Active Member

So now you are telling me that I do not have authority over satan?

As a believer I am in Christ! Eph. 1:20-21 tells me that principalities and powers are under our feet when we assume our rightful authority in Christ. This authority is exercised by the power and authority of the indwelling Holy Spirit.

10. awaken

awaken Active Member

You keep saying they have ceased, but do not show in scriptures where they have!

Yes, Satan and his demons have to flee before the armed believer who speaks forth the Word of God.

11. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I said that luke 10 was spoken to the 70...do you see that?

I asked you a question though.....have you ever bound Satan.....in Jesus name, or have you been in a service that the Pastor has bound Satan...?

12. awaken

awaken Active Member

Yes! in prayer...he has no right over the believers. Only if we allow him too!

13. awaken

awaken Active Member

This is off subject of the thread...but as a believer in Christ we have every spiritual blessing (Eph. 1:3). He has made us accepted in the beloved.

The "in Christ" believer has been exalted and enthroned above all principalities and powers "and raised..up together, and made...[to] sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus" The heavenly places are where Christ is presently enthroned, "which He worked in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, far above all principality and power and might and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in that which is to come. And He put all things under His feet." Eph. 1:20-22

When we understand our position in Christ, then we clearly understand that everything that is under His feet is alsounder the believers's feet. We are ambassadors of heaven and have the authority of the throne of Jesus Christ! Our battles with satan and his demons take place in the heavenly places. Eph 6:12

We have no authority within ourselves over demons. Yet these wicked spirtual forces are fully aware of the authority that is ours in Jesus Christ.

As an ambassador of heaven, we are citizens of heaven, and here on earth we speak with all authority of heaven.

14. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    If Jesus has been given all authority.....and He has...mt28...

and you bound Satan...in Jesus name...how did Satan get loose again???

Everyone who is a christian loves the verses in eph1.They need to be understood however. It is Jesus in the gospel that is victorious as the Kingdom spreads on earth.

15. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Awaken,

I would love to be an Apostle,walk into a hospital and heal everyone...but it just is not happening.All believers in Christ do have a great privelege and responsibility to serve our Lord.
    In the day we live in...some are going beyond what God has given to us.
    Many see this error and excess and turn from true churches because of the false ideas being offered .
    God has and will always do what he intends to.

16. awaken

awaken Active Member

I never claim to be an apostle, I have posted that even Jesus did not clear out the sick.

I also understand that our purpose is not to fight for victory. Our Lord has already won the decisive battle of Calvary. We fight from HIS victory. We are here to enforce the victory of our Lord. "Be strong in the Lord and the power of His might" Eph. 6:10. This is not by flexing our spiritual muscles...it is recieving and appropriating God's strength.

17. awaken

awaken Active Member

Jesue church (which includes us) was given the keys of the kingdom. Jesus said what ever we bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever we loose on earth will be loosed in heaven. The keys of heaven give us access to all the resources in heaven. We just have to be taught how to use them.
    When satan is bound over a circumstance in my life, by using the authority God has given us through the cross and resurrection, he has to flee!

18. awaken

awaken Active Member

Back on topic of the Holy Spirit....

Each Christian has God's gift.... Holy Spirit....

Acts 1:8 "But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."

What is the power Jesus is speaking of? We have the power to hear from God, to speak in tongues, prophesy, do signs, miracles and wonders, and much more. We can bring into manifestation, the gift inside us. His divine nature is sealed in each Christian. No one can see, hear, smell, taste, or touch it. However, Holy Spirit inside can be manifested, brought into evidence...

"Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good."

Manifestation is detectable by the five senses....
    like a light bulb ..the light is manifested through the bulb. The Electric energy can not be seen unless it is manifested.
    Like chicken pox the rash is manifestation of the virus that can not be seen.

If the manifestation is given for the common good...why would God take away something that is for our good? When Christians do not walk in the power of the Holy Spirit..benefits are missed.

Imagine a Bible with no manifestations-
    No record of Moses smiting the rock
    Joshua stopping the Jordan River
    Samson pushing down the pagan temple
    God telling Samuel to anoint Saul as king
    Elijah calling down fire from heaven
    God telling Jonah to go to Nivevah...etc.

If the power of God were absent from its pages????

The first mention of manifestation is word of wisdom...so what does this mean to you?

19. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Sounds like you have jumped smack dab in the middle of the Word of Faith heresy! Have you?

20. awaken

awaken Active Member

What is that ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.