1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured How do Catholics obey Jesus concerning Matthew 23:9?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Moriah, Jul 11, 2012.

1. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Get off that road then! Turn around if you are able. However, I don't think you able to.

2. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I think he was agreeing with my statement rather than disagreeing.

3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I have to agree that I have never seen you make a personal attack and always state in a clear and understandable manner how you feel about a passage of Scripture. Usually I agree. For example, calling the RCC apostate is not a personal attack. I think many on here mix up the concept of disagreement and a personal attack.

If I said "you are an idiot for joining the RCC" now that is a personal attack. Many on here take a difference of opinion or a different interpretation of Scripture as a personal attack, then lob one back.

I think if the difference was learned, lots of the discord would diminish. I am as guilty as the next, but usually do not start the first time.

4. Wittenberger

Wittenberger New Member

Just curious, but if the verse in question is translated literally--"call NO man father"--then Baptists/evangelicals should not refer to their male parent as "father".

There are far more serious doctrinal issues to debate than attacking our Catholic brothers and sisters over referring to their priests/ministers as "father". I can't prove it but I would bet that what God was really saying was this "Call no man God the Father...". Don't address/honor/worship a man as if he were God.

No Catholic worships his priest or even the Pope as if he were God.

This is a non-issue, my Baptist friends.

---A Lutheran Christian
    www.LutherWasNotBornAgain.com

5. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

(See bold) Not so. Jesus was talking about calling no man a spiritual father; he wasn't talking about biological/physical fathers.

6. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Actually, isn't the pope called Vicar of Christ, same as jesus being on earth to lead the church?