1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Hypocrisy and Wicked Atmosphere Here

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by DrJamesAch, May 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wonder what a non-Christian would think if they stumbled across this post?

[and what's so special about today that you make a distinction, as if this is the only day you've gone there...]

#21 InTheLight, May 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2013
  2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I have never for the life of me understood this whole Calvinist/anti-Calvinist thing and maybe you guys can explain it. But then again...:laugh:

Why do Christians go back and forth over the teachings of another man? There is no mention of Calvin in God's word so why do we spend so much time seemingly pitted against one another over what we have come to term Calvinism as opposed to just preaching God's word?

Isn't the world often confused enough about God's word? Why do we add to it with our going back and forth about Calvin???

3. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Calvinism has a different viewpoint of the nature of God than non-Cals. Under Calvinism, God just doesn't love everyone the same. He elects some and some he doesn't elect. As such, the gospel is different.

4. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Precisely.

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are allowed 3 possible answers to questions .... One is Yes, another is No & the third is No Excuse (Sir or Ma'am).

Too bad that civilian life is not so simple! :laugh:

6. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

More Blatant Hypocrisy

Iconoclast, P4T, Herald et al, accuse me of blasphemy because my conclusions about their belief system does not agree with them, so they took a statement I make out of context, yet here we have a person praising ALLAH, and not one peep from the hypocrites.

My statement had to be interpreted to make it say something it didn't, but this is blatantly obvious:

Earth Wind and Fire:
    "OK..why didn't MS flee to Turkey and live among the Ottomans...we got rid of Cat Stevens that way, Allah be praised " http://www.baptistboard.com/showpost.php?p=1989002&postcount=106

Birds of a feather.....

7. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

That's the pattern of all cults and cult-like religions:

Jehovah's Witnesses-Charles Russell
    Mormons-Joseph Smith
    Islam- Mohammed
    World Wide Church of God-Herbert Armstrong
    Calvinists-John Calvin

Notice the pattern there!

The Apostles never put their teachings in a creed or confession. They based their teachings strictly off of the word of God. The Synods that were held are like the evolutionary scientists that get together and whatever they agree should be the law in science, their "scholarly" opinions become the authority. Notice the pattern on this forum that because certain people are in the majority on a FORUM, that their belief system is right.

Pay attention to how they react when there's a disagreement about the Bible, and a disagreement about Calvin. Disagree about the Bible, you'll get some slack. Say something about John Calvin and the gloves come off. This is why Calvinists FORCE others to believe that if you are not a Calvinst, you are an Arminian, and there can be no middle ground. They don't want to feel left out that they are the only ones worshiping a man, so convincing everyone that Non Cals are Arminians gives them plausible deniability.

Man centered cultish loyalty to the doctrines of men.

8. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I agree.

Yep, I've noticed that too.

Which again just seems to be silly. Isn't God's word complex enough? Why spend so much time talking about or defining ourselves after other sinful men?

Precisely. The whole Calvinism thing seems to be borderline in the same category as the additional writings and teachings of many cults.

Who really cares what Calvin says that it has to cause so much division in the Body?

9. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Somebody needs a nap.

10. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

Really ???

I see on these forums that if someone doesn't fit the criteria of the rest of you that they can just leave and be gone--what Love is shown in that--you are not loving your enemies as Christ loved you--I wonder if in your daily life if you all do the same to everyone around you--if they don't see it your way--just send them off to hell and forget them ? This is not the attitude of God's LOVE and we all ought to be ashamed of ourselves when we do this:tear:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.