1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured If you think the Southern Bap Convention controls local churches...

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Salty, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Key word RECOMMENDED

May I share a word of advice. Before you join a church, check out their constitution - and if has such a clause that concerns you - then do not join.

2. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, as we've seen, that is a much better place to look than some FAQ/vague denial posted on sbc.net (cited in the OP as if it were somehow authoritative).

3. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

I never thought I'd see the day when local church autonomy would have to be explained and defended on a Baptist site, against other Baptists. But I never thought I'd see the day the Baptists came out against church-state separation, either -- and I saw that 20 years ago. I guess "Baptist" ain't what it used to be. :rolleyes:

4. nodak

nodak Active Member
    Site Supporter

You are so right, Michael.

For those that don't "get" what we are saying, get a copy of Herschel Hobbs' "Doctrines Baptists Believe." Don't get the same title by another author.

It will give you a pretty clear understanding of just how much the SBC has changed.

We no longer hold to what made us different.