1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Irresistible Grace, John 6:37

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by OldRegular, Jul 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I am just trying to understand if you believe that seeing the physical Jesus Christ is necessary for Salvation. Your response below seems to indicate you don't!

So now you are waxing metaphorical!

Is that another metaphorical question? Most often I bow my head and keep my eyes closed. We once had an associational missionary who wanted folks to look at him when he led in prayer????

Most certainly MB! I always look to God when I worship or trouble comes. I have found that relying on free will is not too swift!

I was simply trying to understand if you believe one must see the physical Jesus Christ in order to be saved. I thought you attempted to put the matter to rest above but you apparently think not! After all it was you who made the following claim:

2. OldRegular

I thought we were talking about Salvation here, not forests and trees. We got to get on the same page!

Does that mean you are not convinced you are right?

Then why is it that not all are saved. Was the sacrifice of Jesus Christ ineffective?

And just where did you get your degree in Psychiatry or Psychology?

That clears everything up MB. That is a most profound statement. Some believe and some don't because "Some believe and some don't".

I hold a very high view of FAITH. We are justified by FAITH!

3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Which we no longer have since the fall!

4. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

You know, Willis, this is VERY TRASHY unless you can provide substantial proof of what you claim here.

Show where a reputable Calvinist EVER taught that irresistable grace meant that sinners could never resist the grace or Spirit of God.

No reputable Calvinist has EVER claimed that to my knowledge.

The idea is that when God intends to save by grace, at that moment, it is irresistable.

This is further proof that people like you resist something that you know very little about.

This is why seminaries exist. Not because everybody must have them to be knowledgeable about theology. No. There are some very bright, very studious people out there who can get by without them.

But because there are so many people like you, Winman and Van who DO NEED THEM DESPERATELY.

This accusation of double-speak without substantiation is pure trash and you ought to be ashamed of yourself.

I don't care if you accuse us of double-speak if you provide evidence of it- but for you to just make such a claim totally without warrant is very trashy.

5. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    actually, doesn't ONLY calvinism , in regards to salvation, teach that Jesus death really did secure salvation for at least some?

Doesn't non cal ststae that His deatj meant any could be saved, but since up to us to accept/reject, not really securing any to get saved?

6. Winman

Winman Active Member

See, there's your problem Willis, you are stupid. This is why you cannot understand contradictions and illogical fallacies.

You need a good education at a Reformed seminary, then you will be able to believe all sorts of nonsensical stuff.

7. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Many who hold to DoG went to places like Dallas theological Seminary... When did that place become reformed?

8. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Think that MANY of us here know that we heard about jesus quite awhile, and then in Gods sovereign time, right place/time, everything "clicked", and made sense to trust in jesus, believe in him and got saved!

9. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, this is exactly my point. If God's will is to allow us to make autonomous choices, life or death, then this verse does not support exhaustive determinism, but rather supports the non-Calvinism view.

What your citations proved were the innumerated points which I did not challenge. Therefore, you proved "a" the innumerated points, then claimed you proved "b" exhaustive determinism.

Calvinism teaches salvation is by compulsion, irresistible grace ring a bell. Folks with no ability to seek God and trust in Christ are altered such that they willingly seek God and trust in Christ.

Is it a "conclusion" that the inheritance was predestined based on Ephesians 1:11? Nope, just read it, it says it plain as day. But lets review. When a person is placed in Christ, they are sealed in Christ with the Holy Spirit. I assume you agree with that fundamental truth. The Holy Spirit is given as a pledge of our inheritance. I assume you agree with that fundamental truth. And just what is our inheritance which God pledges, our redemption as God's own people. Now I will type this very slowly, because God gives His pledge of our inheritance, our inheritance is predestined by God. Now I just know you will find some way to deny this oh so obvious truth.

Words have meaning. Scripture say God sets before us the "choice" of life or death. If we can only choose death because of total spiritual inability, then choice must be redefined as meaning non-choice. Not what scripture says. Do you really not know where scripture says God sets before us the choice of life or death. And you are unable to Google it? Not credible.

In summary, Calvinism teaches God predestines all things, including sin, making Him the author of sin. However, they then say, God is not the author of the sin He predestines. This is an illogical absurdity and reveals Calvinism false bottom. It is a house build on sand in a wadi.

#109 Van, Jul 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2012
  10. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No it means I'm convinced you are wrong.
    No it did what it was meant to do and that was to make Salvation avaliable to everyone.
    The Word of God is sufficent for every problem. Just ask the Word and see.

I can agree with this though it is not our faith but that of Jesus Christ even though we our selves believe that we might be saved by the faith of Christ.

Gal 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

MB:)

11. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi Van. RB should know that man is not a thing.
    MB

12. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    the weak article offers scripture that has been refuted,many times already, so i can....:sleeping_2:

reformed baptist just listed dozens of verses you cannot begin to grasp...

You have lost all credibility:(:(

13. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    If you want to continue with this false idea.....Then Jesus does not actually save.

14. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Of course He saves, but He has to be permitted to do it. He does not save against a persons will. God's election and man's free will choice unto salvation.

15. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    :eek::eek::eek:permitted????? no wonder we cannot agree

16. OldRegular

You correctly state [for a change] that God does not save against a persons will. The will of the unregenerate man is in bondage to sin and Satan; you mistakenly believe you have free will. God must change that will and He does.

17. OldRegular

It is embarrassing sometimes Icon to read that people put their so-called free will on the same level as the will of Sovereign God.

18. OldRegular

That is the truth.

19. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

:laugh: That is one of the funniest things I've read hear in quite sometime. Thanks for the laugh!

20. OldRegular

I believe you have hit the nail [or should I say "freewill"] on the head!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.