1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Is It Homophobia, or Knowing His Truth?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Jun 26, 2012.

?
  1. I'm not homophobic, just a believer in what the Bible says is a sin.

30 vote(s)
    96.8%
  2. It's homophobic to make a stand against homosexuality.

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  3. I'm still not sure.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Catalyst

Catalyst New Member

Paul said God had clear views on homosexual sex. Are you a pervert? Do you lust anything opposite gender you see? Do you think of nothing but boinking all day long? If you answerec no to any of those, a homlsexual is the same way. Being homosexual does not assume any of those things. REGARDLESS ANY SCRIPTURE YOU CAN POST ON THIS TOPIC WILL SAY IT IS THE SEXUAL ACT. THE PERSON IS HOMOSEXUAL STILL EVEN IF THEY ARE CELIBATE. YOU ARE HETEROSEXUAL EVEN WHEN YOU ARE CELIBATE, IF THERE IS NO SEX, THERE IS NO BIBLICAL SIN. PLEASE STOP EDITING THE BIBLE TO FIT OUR EMOTIONAL NEEDS AND LET THE BIBLE DICTATE YOUR EMPTIONS!!!

2. Catalyst

Catalyst New Member

Well you know more ablut Paul than he k ew about himself, because he said he was no longer in the flesh. Prime example of people reading what they want into scripture, vs reading what it says.

Rom 7:5, rom 8:9, col 2:11.

3. Catalyst

Catalyst New Member

Neither is homosexuality. Just homosexual sex is the sin. If you want to say I am wrong, show me I'm wrong, frankly I'm. Sick of people just flapping jaws saying I'm wrong and ignoring the scriptural support I have presented that says I'm not. Its not always this disrespectful is it?

4. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

You're aligned with what Scripture says.:thumbsup: Orientations don't commit sin. :laugh:

5. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Excuse me....

...for appearing to be disrespectful. I gave you adequate Scriptures. Paul was clear. Women chose to be with women, and men with men, and for this choice they were given over to their sin.

I don't believe Paul needs to spell it out any clearer than that. I also gave you Genesis and the story of how sin came to be, as well as Lot and Sodom and Gomorrah.

I wasn't being disrespectful, just sharing my view. I gave you space, brother, but if you are going to react this way when others lovingly give you their view and opinion, then you need to grow thicker skin [because you will be offended by others opinions, and you'll defintely need a heavy coat of feathers, because many here will ruffle yours itf this is how you choose to view sin.

Like I said, I can respect some of your views, but I can't respect the idea that to be a homosexual isn't sin, because it goes AGAINST the natural order of how God created men and women. Genesis 1: 27-28 says clearly - "So God created human beings[c] in his own image. In the image of God he created them; male and female he created them. Then God blessed them and said, “Be fruitful and multiply. Fill the earth and govern it."

No where in that Scripture does God say that He created women to be with women or men with men if they so choose. He had an order in mind when He created life, and it was man and woman.

Now if you want to play, "Show me your Scripture, and I'll show you mine" show me where God's natural order was a homosexual order with a choice to be one or the other? I fail to see it, so show me where I'm wrong? I'm willing to look at what you present, but, your personal view of a certain Scripture will never override, or trump the truth as it was written.

6. Catalyst

Catalyst New Member

I don't care what you gave me. Post them in crayon font and read them slowly. It says that they lay together. Mot that they love each other. It says that they put their sexual organs together, as best they can, the men together like a man and woman. That is.

[snipped]

There is absolutely nothing wrong with my comment, it is 100% in line with every iota of scripture on the topic. I've spent more time on this one topic than it is likely some of you have spent on the whole bible.

So post your verses, niv, nasb, net bible, post all three. You will get a clear understanding, its only the physical act of SEXUAL ENCOUNTER, RUFFLING THE SHEETS, ETC... that is named a sin, anywhere in the bible.

Now, if you actually can read the verses the next thing we could discuss, is as in sodom, in romans the condemnation isn't that they are having homosexual sex even, its just homosexual sex is a symptom of what the problem was. That's what it says. Now, I don't want to start that chat, I just want you to put your bigotted learnings aside, stop trying to defend them, and just read the dang verses to see if I am right or not.

I can not tell you how inconsiderate, rude, condescending, disrespectful it is, to be spoken down to by so many, on the same topic, when they all refuse to just read the verses. Get it in 112 font if you need to.

I never knew there was a baptist denomination that taught it was wrong to actually quote scripture for what it says, not edit it to fit your dogma.

#86 Catalyst, Jul 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.