1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured It accomplished that all shall Live !

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by savedbymercy, Dec 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

steaver

No one said he didnt, but you are evading the points I made in the post and refuse to rehearse them with me. What you are doing is starting a evasive rabbit trail. I ask you one more time, Please rehearse the points I made in the post you quoted from and explain back to me what I stated to show you understood them. Thanks !

2. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Not sure what your missing.....

No rabbit trail, just responding from your own post.....

Who are you referring to? Non- Cals?

3. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

steaver

Never said I was missing anything, you are still evading my request though !

But not in the way I asked you to, meaning fit the quote within the context and flow of the post in making my points ! You have still failed to do that !

I am referring to whoever it applys to !

4. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So Cals could be guilty of this as well...

5. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

He finished the Work God gave Him to do ! 3

Now it cannot be said enough, unless 1 Tim 2:4 ; Lk 19:10 are performed successfully for all whom God desires it for, then again Christ did not finish the Work the Father gave Him to do as Per He said He did here Jn 17:4

4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

Now myself and every True Believer does believe Christ accomplished God's Will and desire, and that everyone God desired to be saved experimentally Lk 19:10; 1 Tim 2:4 is saved and shall be saved, and consequently any that are not saved and do remained in a lost state, then obviously they were not of the all of them that God desired to be saved , lest again we charge Christ with failure to Finish His Fathers Work given Him to do !545

6. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I believe this is a flawed conclusion. If the Father instructs me to build a building large enough to house and feed all the homeless in the world, and I do the work God instructed me to do, I have finished the job I was instructed to do. Now if many of the homeless reject the building and refuse to go in and sleep there and eat there, does this then fall back on me as being a failure to do the work the Lord gave ME to do? Of course NOT!

7. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

He finished the Work God gave Him to do ! 4

Again, this cannot be overemphasized, If Christ's Death and Obedience did not ensure the Eternal Salvation of all whom His Father and God desired it for 1 Tim 2:4

4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

Then scripture is also misleading when it reads thusly Isa 53:10

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

" the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand."

It could read as well " the will or desire of the Lord shall prosper in his hand."

Now what is God's Desire in 1 Tim 2:4 ?

8. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

He finished the Work God gave Him to do ! 5

We looked at the scripture Isa 53:10

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

That word pleasure chephets which means:

desire, longing

And so could very well read Isa 53:10 thusly :

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the desire of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

And the word prosper does mean to succeed !

The Desire or the Will of the Lord shall succeed in the Hand of Christ. We looked at that its God's desire that this happens 1 Tim 2:4

4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

That word will thelō means:

to desire, to wish

So it could read :

4 who desires that all men should be saved and come to [the] knowledge of [the] truth.

Now this desire in the Hand of Christ is suppose to succeed ! He is responsible for its accomplishment ! Look whats said here as to what He is suppose to accomplish for the Father Lk 19:10

10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

10 The Son of Man came to find lost people and save them.”

But now, If just one whom the Father God desired to be saved and come into the knowledge of the Truth, and it was certainly Christ's mission to loose nothing as depicted from His own Words here Jn 6:39

And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

Then how did the Pleasure, the Desire of the Lord prosper in His Hand ? Simply speaking, it did not ! If God desired all to be saved and yet one was not saved, Christ Lied when He said He finished the Work the Father gave Him to do Jn 17:4 there is no way to escape this crucial conclusion !547

9. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does anyone know what the numbers at the end of SBM's posts are? I'm thinking page numbers, but....

I copied the last sentence of this last post, including the number, and googled it; found out that he posted that sentence verbatim in this thread back in December; as well as posting it verbatim on carm.org back in November.

Just curious. Looks like he's copying and pasting from source material; curious as to what that material is.

10. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There's one sure-fire way to escape your "crucial conclusion", and that is to stop trying to reach crucial conclusions through empty philosophy. Show where scripture plainly states your "crucial conclusion"

It doesn't. Now evade that. We all know you can

11. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Most likely an eBook. Two of the numbers are 545 and 547

12. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

The numbers are personally relevant for myself, however, the posts originate from me, I am the source, my mind ! Im not copying and pasting no one but myself ! Now what about what was stated in the post, the Truth about Christ's Death and Accomplishment, do you believe it ?

13. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    From your own mind, I believe that. At least you were honest enough there..

And yes. Every person ever born ever born will be saved. Romans 5:18 says so. Do you believe that? The relevant follow-up question is "saved from what?"

Search the scriptures, not your futile mind. You might find out.

Also, since we're probing, I must ask - Are you perfect? Did Jesus accomplish that for you?

14. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

james l

Thats not what Rom 5:18 says ! Jesus words contradicts that false concept of yours, for Jesus says that some will never see Life Jn 3:36

36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

There portion is Eternal Death and Destruction, opposed to entering into Life as stated here Matt 19:16-18

16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,

Those in Jn 3:36 under the wrath of God, shall not enter/see /Eternal Life, thats a promise !

15. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ur funnee. I mention Romans 5:18, and you respond by running out of Romans altogether. Evasive dodge tactic.

Get back over to Romans 5. I even tossed you a bone with the relevant follow-up question. Ask it. And search the scriptures.

And you also evaded my question to you about Hebrews 10:14. Jesus has forever perfected those who are sanctified.

So are you perfect? Did He accomplish that for you?

16. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

You just have been shown to be a false witness ! Some Shall not See Life Jn 3:36 !

17. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I never denied that.

Only those with faith in Christ will be saved. Yet, everyone will be saved - even those with no faith. Those who endure to the end will be saved. Baptism saves. You'll be saved if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments. In Adam all die, in Christ all shall live. Believe upon the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved.

Yie, yie, yie.

How are you ever gonna make heads or tails of that?

P.S. answer the questions. Are you perfect? Did Jesus accomplish that for you?

18. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

jamesl

Yeah you did. You stated about Rom 5:18 this:

19. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Paul said what he said, and Jesus said what he said. And both are true.

It's not my fault that you don't understand what Paul wrote. Not my fault that you've embraced a narrow view of salvation.

You need to study

20. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Sound like you a double-minded man who is unstable in all your ways ! Jesus said that some shall not see Life Jn 3:36 and outright lied when you said that Paul wrote that everyone without exception will be saved by quoting Rom 5:18 !

James 1:8

A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

8 [For being as he is] a man of two minds (hesitating, dubious, irresolute), [he is] unstable and unreliable and uncertain about everything [he thinks, feels, decides].

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.