1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured It is so plain in Gal 4

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by savedbymercy, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

jesus message to us is that sinners cannot keep the law as God requires it, we MUST trust in him, not our ability/means to keep the commandment in and by ourselves!

2. billwald

billwald New Member

>jesus message to us is that sinners cannot keep the law as God requires it, we MUST trust in him, not our ability/means to keep the commandment in and by ourselves!

Then Jesus contradicts God? I think not!

3. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    than Paul lied to us too, as he stated that NO FLESH will be justified befire god by the keeping of the law, as sinful flesh cannot do that!

4. Moriah

Moriah New Member

You are the one who teaches nonsense and you do not know it.

Tell us, did you ever do anything your mama told you to do? How about your dad, did you ever do anything your dad told you to do? Your teachers, how about your teachers, and your employers, did you ever do anything ever that someone told you to do?

NO TIME is good to disobey Jesus. It is a destructive error for you to teach that one is accursed to be obedient to Jesus.

As for false doctrines, would not Satan and his demons like what you teach, when you teach the most important time in your life is the time you believe but MUST NOT obey Jesus in any way, to teach that that dead faith is life saving faith is great error.

#24 Moriah, Aug 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2012
  5. billwald

billwald New Member

>>>jesus message to us is that sinners cannot keep the law as God requires it, we MUST trust in him, not our ability/means to keep the commandment in and by ourselves!

>>Then Jesus contradicts God? I think not!

>than Paul lied to us too, as he stated that NO FLESH will be justified befire god by the keeping of the law, as sinful flesh cannot do that!

Non sequitur - not responsive. "Trusting Jesus" does not logically follow "cannot keep the law." As if "trusting Jesus" backs God into a corner and forces him to produce the desired response?

6. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    NO One has EVERE been justified before God by keeping the law of god, for it is IMPOSSIBLe for sinners to do that!

For if any could, jesus death was not needed to save and redeem us!

#26 Yeshua1, Aug 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2012
  7. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have NEVER stated that one just believes in jesus, and refuses to obey Him!

that is the heresy they accused Paul was teaching, least I am in good company!

8. Moriah

Moriah New Member

No, you do not teach what Paul teaches. You teach what those who did not understand Paul thought he taught.

9. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    paul taught that death of jesus provoded basis for my justification before a holy god, and once received by faith, I am eternally saved by Grace of God!

Gospel 101, per Apostle Paul!

10. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Paul taught that we do not have to do the works of the law such as:
    The Burnt Offering. The Grain Offering. The Fellowhip Offering. The Sin Offering. The Guilt Offering. Dietary Laws. Purification After Childbirth. Cleansing From Infectious Skin Diseases. Cleansing From Mildew. Discharges Causing Uncleanness. The Day of Atonement. Rules for Priests. The Sabbath. Firstfruits. The Passover and Unleavened Bread. Feast of Weeks. Feast of Trumpets. Feast of Tabernacles. Oil and Bread Set Before the LORD. The Sabbath Year. The Year of Jubilee.
    Those are things the Jews did JUST TO WORHSHIP GOD.
    Those are things THEY DID, HUMANS DID, just to worship God.
    NO ONE HAS TO DO THOSE THINGS ANYMORE. NO ONE HAS TO DO THOSE WORKS ANYMORE.
    Jesus sanctifies us and makes us clean. Through faith in Jesus’ blood, we are holy.
    We do nothing as the Jews once had to do. We do nothing in that Jesus does it all for us.
    That does NOT mean we do not have to obey God.

11. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Paul's treatment of "the works of the law" in Romans 2-7 includes the ten commandments mixed right in with all other parts of the Mosaic Law.

Romans 2:17 ¶ Behold, thou art called a Jew, and restest in the law, and makest thy boast of God,
    18 And knowest his will, and approvest the things that are more excellent, being instructed out of the law;
    19 And art confident that thou thyself art a guide of the blind, a light of them which are in darkness,
    20 An instructor of the foolish, a teacher of babes, which hast the form of knowledge and of the truth in the law.
    21 Thou therefore which teachest another, teachest thou not thyself? thou that preachest a man should not steal, dost thou steal?
    22 Thou that sayest a man should not commit adultery, dost thou commit adultery? thou that abhorrest idols, dost thou commit sacrilege?
    23 Thou that makest thy boast of the law, through breaking the law dishonourest thou God?
    24 For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written.
    25 For circumcision verily profiteth, if thou keep the law: but if thou be a breaker of the law, thy circumcision is made uncircumcision.

From this point forward "the law" refers to all this right into Romans into Romans 7:

Rom. 7:7 ¶ What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

Your unbiblical interpretation of "the law" used in Romans and Galatians has not one single solitary verse that says the ten commandments are ommitted any time he refers to the Mosaic law. You simply do not know what you are talking about.

12. Moriah

Moriah New Member

The Old Testament Law is all the laws together. The Old Testament Law is all the whole Law. You cannot take part of the Old Testament Law and do some and not other parts. You cannot say I will be circumcised but I will not observe the Passover. You cannot say I will not murder but I will also not be circumcised. You cannot say I will not steal but I also will not give a Fellowship Offering. In the Old Testament Law, a person is to do the whole Law.
    Now, read those scripture again that you quoted with all that in mind.
    When you read the New Testament Law, the perfect Law, do you see all the exact same things in the Law? No, you do not. You keep acting as if the only Old Testament Law was only the Ten Commandments.

13. billwald

billwald New Member

Then denominations which accept the 10 commandments as God's law as an obligation for them have obligated themselves to obey all 613?

14. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    the Law is perfect, NONE other than jesus ever were...

Were you saved by faith in Him alone, or else by keeping the law?

15. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

GE:

You are wrong!

I see that what you see I do not. The difference is, the Christian reads any 'Law' - which is NOT only the OT as you claim - but also and first the New Testament, he sees The Perfect Law JESUS CHRIST. Faith in CHRIST is the faith in "every Word of God" WRITTEN in the whole Bible as ALIVE IN JESUS CHRIST.

NO Law of God He EVER retracted or cancelled or abolished OTHER THAN THROUGH ITS FULFILMENT IN BY AND THROUGH JESUS CHRIST.

To believe the Law TRULY is to believe in Jesus Christ; to believe in Jesus Christ is TRUE obedience to the Fullness of God's Law RECKONED US BY GRACE AND FORGIVENESS OF DISOBEDIENCE.

We tend to forget about obedience to and fulfilling of God's Law RECKONED unto righteousness : "by GRACE you are saved; NOT of yourself; it is the GIFT of God".

Not the most insignificant Law of God no longer applies to believers. We DO it and in Christ before the face of God FULFIL it PERFECTLY.

When we pray, "Forgive us our trespasses" what we are praying for is Jesus Christ. Now who, who has received Jesus Christ in place of the death penalty for his sins, is going to transgress the Law?

It seems impossible no one would; but still, everybody does. So that everyone from scratch stands in need of TOTAL GRACE once again before a LAW transgressed in its totality --- but stands IN THE SAVIOUR OF HIS SOUL, JESUS CHRIST, HIS SINS FORGIVEN BY THE GRACE OF GOD.

#35 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Aug 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2012
  16. Moriah

Moriah New Member

With our heart, we believe and are justified, and with the mouth, we confess and are saved. With the mouth, we confess and are saved. That is the Word of God.

17. Moriah

Moriah New Member

I am not under the Old Testament Law.

I have faith in Jesus Christ and I obey his teachings from the New Testament.

18. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Does: "I have faith in Jesus Christ" give you salvation, or,
    "I have faith in Jesus Christ and I obey his teachings" give you salvation"?

Which of those statements is true?

19. Moriah

Moriah New Member

I believe in my heart and am justified, and with my mouth I confess and am saved.

We have to believe and obey.

20. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Can't read too good can you? My very first line said:

Paul's treatment of "the works of the law" in Romans 2-7 includes the ten commandments mixed right in with all other parts of the Mosaic Law.