1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Limited or Definite Atonement is the Gospel !

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by savedbymercy, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Apostle paul stated that the promise was made to the seed (singular) of Abraham, in that the coming Messiah would be the One sent from God thru which all on earth would be blessed!

those who place who have faith like Abraham, who trust in his seed the Messiah, would be blessed and part of the family of God!

the Lord saves ALL through the atonement of Jesus upon the Cross, but God has His OT believers under Old Covenant, NT believers under new Covenant in the Church, those to be saved after the Rapture etc!

2. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

yesh

I just quoted that Gal 3:16, that seed is Christ ! Now Christ, the Seed of Abraham is the Head of the Church ! Eph 5:23

23For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

Is that the same Christ that is the seed of Abraham in Gal 3:16 or not ?

3. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Abraham was justified by God, basis of the coming atonement to be done by Messiah jesus, but STILL he had to place faith in the promised messiah to come!
    Abraham part of the family of God, just not in the Church!

4. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

yesh

Answer the question ! Is Christ the Seed of Abraham Gal 3:16

16Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Is that Christ, the Seed of Abraham, the Head of the Church ? Eph 5:23

23For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ[The Seed of Abraham] is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

Is the Seed of Abraham the Head of the Church ? Yes or no, according to the scripture I have provided !

5. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Answering the question does not prove your interpretation of the answer. In fact the very fact that he was the seed of Abraham and head of the church proves the contrary to your position. He was not ALREADY and LITERALLY the seed of Abraham and head of the church before the world began but had to come and be born the seed of Abraham and had to build and become the head of the church in time and space. Likewise, until one is justified through faith they are still UNJUSTIFIED and thus still under CONDEMNATION as that is the reality for all who are not justified. Your response is to confuse the PURPOSE of justification with the actual APPLICATION of justification which is wrong.

6. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

bib

Then you answer it !

7. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Think he did, and you have been biblically answered by all the posters here!

#47 Yeshua1, Apr 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2012
  8. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

I did! He was slain from the foundation of the world in purpose and in type but not in reality and in time until the cross. He was the head of the church before the world began as far as purpose but he was not the head literally in time until he first built the church in his own ministry prior to Pentecost.

The term "head" is never used metaphorically for spiritual union but solely for "authority." The false idea of "spiritual union" applied to Ephesians 1:22 would demand pantheism. Spiritual union is obtained by regeneration not church membership which is obtained by water baptism. Metaphorically there is more than one kind of "head" over the body of Christ as 1 Corinthians 13:21 clearly states:

And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.

The term "head" in reference to Christ over the congregation simply means "final authority" as there are other lower levels of authorities that Christ has placed over the congregation which also are metaphorically represented by the term "head." Just as the term "head" is used figuratively of "authority" in 1 Cor. 11:3 in multiple lower levels of authority.

9. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

bib

Where did you answer post 44 at ?

10. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Look carefully at Post #45

11. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

I looked at it. What is your answer to this question.

Is the Christ, Abraham's Seed Gal 3:16

16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Is that Christ the same Christ that is the Head of the Church, here Eph 5:23

23For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

Would I be correct in saying that the Seed of Abraham is the Head of the Church ? Yes or NO !

12. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

The "seed" of Abraham refers to his HUMANITY through the lineage of Abraham. The metaphor "head" of the church refers to his POSITION of Authority over the church. They are not equal terms with equal meaning or equal application.

13. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Answer the questions YES OR NO !

14. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Yes it is the same Person but NO it is not the same application! So it is Yes and no!

15. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

bib

Ok then. The Seed of Abraham is the Head of His Body the Church, and Abraham is not part of the Body His Seed is the Head of ? I cannot conceive of that, no scripture indicates that !

16. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

As I said, your error is in the application of "seed" versus "head" and in your confusion of salvation with the body of Christ.

Abraham was not a member of the body of Christ as Paul explicitly states that he apostles were "FIRST" added to the church (1 Cor. 12:28; Eph. 2:20).

17. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, I am disagreeing with your false interpretation. :)

18. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

The Seed of Abraham is the Head of the Church !

19. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Do you deny that the Seed of Abraham Christ Gal 3:16 is the Head of the Body the Church ?

16Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Eph 5:23

There is no way that Abraham's Seed can be the Head of the Church, and Abraham be not part of the Church, his seed is the Head of !

20. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe that Christ is the seed of Abraham (according to the flesh).

And I believe that Christ was the Pastor of His church (the 12 and those who followed them amounting to 120 by the day of Pentecost).

I believe that Christ is the Head of every New Testament church today. The pastors are subordinate to Christ.

What you don't seem to understand is that there is no universal, invisible, mystical "church." The bible calls that entity "The Family of God" or "The Kingdom of God on Earth."