1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured New Birth before and Unto Faith !

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by savedbymercy, Mar 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Again you are denying the Scriptures by lumping faith into the category of works, when Scripture deny such. You deny Romans 4:3-5: Eph.2:8,9; Rom.5:1, and various other Scriptures. I don't know how you can deny all this Scripture and still say that faith is a work. It isn't. The Bible clearly says it isn't.
    Are we to accept your definition above and beyond that which is of the Bible? I think not. Salvation is by faith. It is the gift of God freely received by faith. What does a person have to DO to receive a gift? Nothing! By faith they receive it. By faith a child receives a gift from their parents knowing their parents will not give them a bomb or anything detrimental to them. That is where the faith is. It is not a work.
    And this is how you would define faith??
    You are way off.
    There is a difference in how it is used. Stephen Hawkings gets paid for the use of his mind. So do teachers, professors, writers, etc. That has nothing to do with faith. Who gets paid for "doing faith"? Answer that!
    The answer is obvious. No one, because faith is not a work.
    Is there a point there somewhere? Did they have to work at having evil thoughts?
    You haven't demonstrated that.
    If you deny that salvation is by faith, you deny Biblical salvation.

2. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: Ask a housewife who get paid for doing work. She works and does not get paid. What does this prove?

I fail to see any logic coming from your illustration.

3. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

There is nothing stopping you from paying a housewife from doing work. It is work. Do you not keep up with the politics of your own nation. Romney's wife was just slammed by a democrat for not being a working-wife. Whereas she was a wife and mother who raised five children. The statement had to be retracted and profusely apologized for. The Democrats are busy in doing damage control. Mothers are some of the hardest working people in the American/Canadian workforce. Their work should be noted whether or not they receive actual dollars for it. It is work!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ask any mother. Tell a mother that she doesn't work, and get prepared for a slap in the face.

4. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

dk

The word work ergon, that is the word Paul was inspired to use Eph 2:9 ! Do you deny that the word for work here is inspired by God ?

5. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

hp

You need to look for it yourself, I am not here to serve you. However a great many people believe and have stated they are saved because they did something, like for instance, to believe on Christ or to repent of their sins, or to confess their sins. I am not going to make no special effort for you, but if and when someone posts that concept again, and I see it, I will bring it to your attention then !

6. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Does it matter? A word is defined by its context, not by its etymology nor by simply one definition of the word. Context defines the word. Obviously it does not mean the work of a housewife, does it?

7. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You do know that the Bible teaches that IF we have not placed our faith/belief in Jesus to be our saviour, we are still lost and dead in our sins!

8. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Thats a false statement, Christ death saved those He died for apart from their Faith, thats works salvation, a damnable heresy !

9. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

dhk

Of course it matters, we are talking about God's inspired word ! Every word of God is very important !

10. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

That if thou shalt believe in the Lord Jesus Christ thou shalt be saved.

There is something wrong with the false statement that you posted. It remains false, as the Bible remains true.

11. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

dhk

I have no problem with that statement It is when you make believing which is an act of man, the condition to get saved, that you teach salvation by works, which is a false gospel !

Believing is an act of the mind, its a work !

12. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

IOW, You deny this verse:

if thou shalt believe in the Lord Jesus Christ thou shalt be saved.

You deny the Word of God.

13. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

You say I deny it, but to me you are making false accusations ! I just told you I agree with it ! I do not agree with you on it. You believe it is teaching a conditional salvation based upon man's act of Believing, thats works !

14. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

No salvation is unconditional. It is the free gift of God (Rom.6:23). As with any gift, it must be received by faith.
    You do err calling "faith" a work. In so doing you deny the Word of God, which declares very plainly that faith is not a work (Rom.4:3-5).
    You disregard the teaching of Romans 5:1
    Therefore being justified by faith we have peace with God.

It is as if you would cut these scriptures out of your Bible and throw them into the garbage--all because you define "faith" as a work, when it is not.

15. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

dhk

Yes it is, but you deny that. You teach that it is condtioned upon mans act of belief, a work !

There is not one word in Rom 4:3-5 that states that Faith or believing is not a work !

No I don't, however Those who Christ died for were declared Justified by God by the Resurrection of Jesus Christ Rom 4:25, you deny that ! The Word of God. You deny the Death of Christ, it's accomplishment before God for all for whom He died !

#75 savedbymercy, Apr 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2012
  16. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    the atonement of jesus, substitionary death, is the basisof us getting justifed withGod , BUT must receive that free gift by faith!

17. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

False Gospel, works salvation !

18. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: If ones faith is not preceded by or co-mixed with repentance for ones sins, they shall perish with or without faith. "Unless ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish."

By the way, sbm simply has no clue as to what a works salvation is all about. You have said nothing that merits the remark by sbm. :thumbs:

#78 Heavenly Pilgrim, Apr 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2012
  19. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

hp

This is works salvation all day long !

20. Heavenly Pilgrim

Tell that to Christ Jesus Sbm, since it was Christ Himself that commanded all men to repent or perish. Go ahead. Tell Jesus he taught a works based salvation. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.