1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured No Man Can Come Unto Me, Except [John 6:65]

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by OldRegular, Jun 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    man needs to have their natures changed, in order to be enabled to accept and come to christ!

2. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Yeshua1..

Of course not. I dont deny that at all.

But our situation, (being wretched) although bad, is not so bad as to be without hope.

We still, in our wretched state, have the capacity to, deep down, where nobody but God sees, want to flee that wretchedness. Why? Because, in time, we see that we have been "conned". Satan has done a number on us.

He promises good, but delivers just the opposite.

And usually, at that point, when we are FINALLY looking for help, and considering God...God makes His move, and begins the process convicting and drawing.

And in due time, a new birth occurs. The old man becomes a new creation.

Praise the Lord!

Hope that helps

#242 Alive in Christ, Jul 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2012
  3. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    AIC,
    Okay....posting scripture:applause: now we are getting somewhere.....and yet...what do we see here????

No one denies that men make choices. They are responsible to choose.
    The bible teaches than man has a will. Self will.It is not free,but bound.
    Those Jesus spoke of here are described as those who were not willing
    That does not prove mans will is free....but bound. Jesus was willing, they were not.

God's Will Can Be Rejected

As the passages cited above teach, not only does man possess free will, but he can actually exercise this free will in a way that defies God's will. In other words, although God is Sovereign Ruler, He does not always get everything He wants.

This is an unscriptural and evil statement.

To the Calvinists, such a statement is totally unthinkable and completely contrary to their concept of God's sovereignty.

Ironically he has this correct.
    39 See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.

3 But our God is in the heavens: he hath done whatsoever he hath pleased.

9 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,

10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:
    11 Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it.

Again, in 2 Peter 3:9, it is plainly stated that God is "not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance."

It actually plainly does not say that
    These verses do not teach it. Once again 2 pet 3:9 completely misquoted out of context is always a disaster.

If, as the Calvinists claim, God decrees everything that happens,
    Scripture proclaims this..cals just believe it

Yes....because they understand the covenant of grace correctly.They do not abuse this verse.

This writers lack of ability to understand scripture leads him to make this sad claim against the brethren:tear:

Now he denies the biblical God in no uncertein terms.he draws the battlelines
    How sad to come to this tragic error.

His folly continues,,,God makes men willing...and then we have this also;

This King had to learn about the doctrines of grace...he had to learn who was in absolute control...some here need to eat grass

This is his own idea,and carnal philosophy.Scripture does not say this

he has a needy god...when he denied the biblical God earlier, thats all that is left

Man's free moral agency is a unique gift from God Almighty.
    Moral agency is not the same as the will being free

But for many, and this includes Calvinists, the opposite is true. As the secular philosopher J. L. Mackie says, "There is a fundamental difficulty in the notion of an omnipotent God creating men with free will, for if men's wills are really free this must mean that even God cannot control them, that is, that God is no longer omnipotent."10 In his book, The Inexhaustible God, Royce Gruenler says that man's free will, which necessitates a future that is open and indefinite, is "logically incompatible with the doctrine of a sovereign God."[/QUOTE]
    This is wickedness and an abomonation.A direct statement of rebellion against the biblical God

His little god has to look and see what will happen and adjust to man.Horrendous!!

Therefore, man's free will does not render God impotent. Nevertheless, it does, in fact, limit Him.

Again....sorry to hear about his god and his problems...maybe he can get some therapy?lol.Sounds like the God who Elijah mocked??

But if God is really limited, then how can He continue to be omnipotent? Are not these two concepts mutually exclusive? Only in the mind of the determinists! . Therefore, if God, of His own free will, chooses to create creatures with free moral agency, and in order to do so, He must limit Himself, such self-limitations are not a denigration of His omnipotence, as the determinists think, but are, instead, a powerful demonstration of it, which is exactly the point I made at the beginning of this subsection.

In order to insure man's autonomy, God, of His own free will, was willing to pay a tremendous price. Although He did not have to do so, the Almighty God was willing to limit Himself in relation to His creation.

Is there no end to this madness?..... I hope you did not read this AIC!:eek:

Quickly...edit and delete this link before anyone sees it:thumbsup:

4. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

The bible does not teach that. The only thing that has to happen is to be enlightened. Hebrews 6 and then we make the choice. If we accept, repent and come to faith we are saved and become new creations.

5. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    We just understand the verses...he was not obligated by law.That is what it means

. 3 `If his offering [is] a burnt-offering out of the herd -- a male, a perfect one, he doth bring near, unto the opening of the tent of meeting he doth bring it near, at his pleasure, before Jehovah

So now you can move on to the next scripture you will mis-use.

6. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Wrong on all counts!

Romans 3:10-18
    10. As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
    11. There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
    12. They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
    13. Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:
    14. Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:
    15. Their feet are swift to shed blood:
    16. Destruction and misery are in their ways:
    17. And the way of peace have they not known:
    18. There is no fear of God before their eyes.

7. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

8. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Wrong again. The only thing needed is to hear and accept. Be enlightened Hebrews 6.

9. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Done entirely by the preaching of the word of God.
    MB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.