1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured No prolonged debate with heretics??

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by The Biblicist, Mar 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moriah

Moriah New Member

If you believe that, that an unsaved man CAN come to Jesus to accept or reject him, then why do you keep fighting me when I say a man can hear the gospel and believe? When I say that pleases God for a man to believe in Jesus, why do you say it is as filthy rags? Stop calling believing in Jesus as a filthy rag. Unless the believer believes and still rejects.

The man can hear and believe, therefore, the man can hear the commands and put them to practice. That is what Jesus says to do! Matthew 7:24 "Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.

HOWEVER, you just like the Calvinists, believe that man cannot do anything before he is saved, not even repent, or do you now claim a man can repent? Do you understand that repent means to feel bad for your sins and will no longer do those sins? So, you think that is as filthy rags? You said to me in many posts that that is as filthy rags.

So, is that correct that you believe a man, before he is saved, hear the message of Jesus, that he CAN believe, and repent too?

You do believe like the Calvinists that man cannot do anything to please God. You say that a man can believe in Jesus before he is saved, but that is as a filthy rag! You said a man cannot do any of the teachings Jesus tells him to do, except believe in them? That is nonsense. You do not believe you can do not one single thing out of all of Jesus’ teachings. Even an atheist can forgive someone. Even an atheist can marry someone. Even an atheist can help his brother in need. Even an atheist can stop cheating on his wife.

You say you do not believe like Calvinists, but you believe more like Calvinists when it comes to depravity then not.

#41 Moriah, Mar 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2012
  2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Really?!? Who told you that?

#42 Earth Wind and Fire, Mar 23, 2012
  3. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You are the one that is fighting. You cannot talk about the nature of man. When the topic is the nature of man, the depravity of man, you talk of salvation. Why is that? There is a big difference between anthropology and soteriology. Harmatiology is also an important subject. But out of those three important doctrines you simply want to stick with one of them--soteriology. The Bible has much much more to say then just one doctrine.
    Stop your blasphemous slander.
    How can a believer believe and reject at the same time?
    You are one very confused person.
    You quote from a parable. Parables don't teach doctrine. They illustrate doctrine already taught.
    Secondly, this parable is in the context of teaching about false teachers.
    Thirdly, it is not teaching about salvation.
    If you knew how to carry on a conversation, you would know more of what I believe. I start a conversation with you and you keep changing the topic like a typical J.W.
    NO!!
    1. Repent does not mean to feel bad for your sins.
    2. Repent does not mean that you will never sin again.
    3. Repentance has nothing to do with Isaiah 64:6
    --Please go and study your Bible, and find out what repentance is. You have need of learning the most basic of doctrines. How do you know that you are saved?
    Yes, God is able to save a person once he hears the gospel.
    Stop talking about two things at one time.
    An unsaved man cannot do anything to please God. That is true. Once he is saved he is no longer an unsaved man is he? Believing on Jesus, or faith is not a work. Remember that: Faith is not a work!
    Therefore an unsaved man cannot DO anything that pleases God.
    All his righteousnesses are as filthy rags, as the Bible says.
    The devils believe and tremble.
    No, I didn't say that. You have either mistaken what I said, or quoted me out of context. Actually you did not quote me at all, so how do I know what you are saying is true? Don't put words in my mouth.
    People practice the works of Jesus all the time, as in the Ten Commandments, but that doesn't make them saved. It won't make them acceptable in the sight of God either. The unsaved cannot do good; he cannot love God.
    It is a similar belief. But that is because you don't believe in the depravity of man at all.

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I guess then there is no need for salvation isnt necessary in your worldview...... Im ok, your ok in your perspective...is that it?

5. Moriah

Moriah New Member

That is what I am talking about. Do you get it now. That is what I am talking about. I am talking about the UNSAVED man who hears the Word of God. Sure you want to say I am off topic, sure you want to personally attack me, because you want to throw attention off your false beliefs, beliefs that cannot stand up to the Truth. You want to stop me from talking about the UNSAVED man that can hear the Truth and believe, and that is NOT as filthy rags. Here are your beliefs in your own words. These comments from you were in reply to my saying man can hear the gospel and believe in God, and that this pleases God when we believe in His Son. Now stop calling me a blasphemer and a liar.

#45 Moriah, Mar 23, 2012
  6. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Moriah I have no interest in continuing this discussion with you.
    It simply goes:
    I am talking about....
    No, I am talking about...
    But I am talking about....
    But this is the subject....
    I am talking about this....
    But I am talking about this.....

I find no pleasure in such conversation.

7. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    LOL.... I understand there is a riveting conversation about asking for data on the longevity of coffee makers on another thread.... you may even get further with that dialog ....:laugh:

8. Moriah

Moriah New Member

You must think it a joy for me to discuss with someone who heaps verbal abuse such as you do.

You showed me exactly what you are guilty of by falsely accusing me. You are a blasphemous slanderer.

9. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And you are also resorting to pejoratives....who is the better?

10. Moriah

Moriah New Member

You said you blocked all my posts from your view.

I teach others to be careful how they falsely judge others, because it is what they are guilty. I only exposed DHK with his own words.

Now, do you want to know what is better? How about if you did not come on laughing at other members. How about if you read what DHK said about me then tell him not to speak that way?

You have also exposed yourself, you are one who resorts to pejoratives.

11. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Whats Christ say?

12. Moriah

Moriah New Member

I have quoted DHK, in case anyone denies that he said this to me.

13. Moriah

Moriah New Member

The Bible says to expose darkness.

Now, EWF, why do you not speak to your friend DHK about not saying such awful things to people? On the other hand, would you like to keep being pejorative with me?

14. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Matthew 5:38-46

New International Version (NIV)
    Eye for Eye
    38 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’[a] 39 But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. 40 And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well. 41 If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles. 42 Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.
    Love for Enemies
    43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that?

15. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Go do what God says to do.

16. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You also:thumbs:

17. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

1. You talk of a Christian "not sinning," or "practicing sin," or "being normal" for a Christian to sin.
    2. Nothing I said in my post was blasphemous, for nothing in my post was related to God, Christianity, the Bible, etc. Nothing at all. Thus what you said about "blasphemous" was both an outright lie and in itself slanderous.
    3. I did not falsely accuse you. Go back and read the many number of pages and see how I have so desperately tried to keep you on the subject of the "nature of man" or "depravity." See on how almost every post you have drawn it away to man's salvation, a completely different topic.
    4. Given the above facts I said that I was tired of such back and forth: "I said," "you said" conversation; or a conversation in which I have to draw you back continuously to the original topic--the nature of man.

I have no desire for such a conversation.
    To make that simple statement--"I have no desire for such a conversation."
    is not blasphemous. If another moderator looks in here perhaps he will do something about your language, your accusations, your personal attacks, your offensiveness, etc.

18. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Yes, I said it was blasphemous slander. It was. Give the URL and show the context in which it was said. I would not have said that without reason.

19. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Of course you would say such things. There is a word for that too.
    I am finished with this discussion with you. You could not keep from abusive attacks for very long. Proceed on your own.

20. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

In post #43 Moriah accused me falsely saying this:
    I have never referred to Jesus as a filthy rag.

That is blasphemous slander. Moriah should apologize and take back such an offensive accusation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.