1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Obama's immigration policy, not violence, driving illegals to border

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by thisnumbersdisconnected, Jul 16, 2014.

1. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Again, where does the administration or the President in this story say that violence is the primary reason for the exodus?

The only thing moot is any back and forth about your ability to tag folks as saying stuff that hasn't been said. :laugh:

2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

What he needs to do is stop talking to you who continue to bring disgrace to the title of Reverend.

And you will do well to stop referring to me as a thing and as an it and to use my name.

3. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well at least the Democrats have quit asking us racist to just keep to evangelizing. However, we seem to be doing best at evangelizing by saying that just because Obama lies does not make it right.

4. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Zaac, does Media Matters pay you extra for the time you spend here preaching the gospel of Obama? Just curious.

5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Artificial self piety , at that.

It's so easy to see through the act.

There are a couple of Obama acolytes , or democrat operatives on the board right now. Funny, they act just alike. Could almost be the same person. If not , they're reading the same play book. And it doesn't have a thing to do with the Bible. Even Satan quoted scripture when it suited his purpose.

6. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Someone is working on the record for posting the most unrelated articles in threads.

7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Desperate for attention , ya think?

8. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The OP is only partly correct. When interviewed most of the detained youth said they were here looking for amnesty. But when asked why they did not stay in their own countries, they replied that it was too poor and dangerous.

Offering amnesty would not be a lure if the detainee's home countries were livable, safe, and prosperous.

The solution is not to run north. The solution is to stay and fight the corruption in your own country.

9. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Perhaps. The POV is no doubt different for them because they've actually grown up in those places and had parents and grandparents grow up in those places.

The colonists didn't do that. The immigrants from all over the world didn't do that.

It's easy to say stay and fight when you've got no skin in the fighting.

10. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was in both Honduras and Belize in February. When was the last time you were there?

11. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I was in Guatemala in February doing child rescue in some of the Mayan villages. In April I was in El Salvador doing a medical mission and pastor training. Just got back from Haiti a week ago. Heading to Romania in a week to go minister in the orphanages.

Maybe I should just send you a copy of my schedule since you're so keen to know when the last time is I've been somewhere.

I should send you a picture of my scraped up leg that I got in Guatemala as I slid down the hill to preach to the gathering crowds in one of the villages. The kids laughed and loved my "flexibility". :smilewinkgrin:

12. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A propensity to a preponderance of pious platitudes does not prove nor produce piety.

13. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

A proclivity to pipe poison out one's oral cavity implying inadvertent indifference indicates an ill-concealed contempt to hide one's ignorance and impious spirit.

14. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Wow and you still find the time to spend 24 hours a day here telling us we're all evil.

You're my hero Zaac.

15. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know this to be true ....

But there are a small number on this board who disagree with that premice. Like the man said, if you build it, they will come!

If we grant amnesty and continue to show leinancy and compassion toward those breaking our border laws [and allow our leaders to keep our borders unsecured], "They will come!"

16. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What a bunch of nothingness. A waste of words. Sorry I even read it! It failed to say anything, something like those in the WH have more than mastered!

17. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

You ever read NAFTA?

18. thisnumbersdisconnected

19. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Good. It obviously served the same purpose as the words of the bad Rev. But naturaly you wouldn't speak to his waste of words. :laugh: