1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Pay Attention

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by steaver, Aug 29, 2016.

1. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Zaac, I agree with you.
    Murder is murder and murderers must be brought to justice no matter their skin color or position in life.

I posted this AFTER Zaac's Amen:
    BTW, I don't particularly like some of the things Trump has done and said but if I vote for him it is because he IMO is the lesser of two evils.

HankD

2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

A big hearty AMEN Hank.;)

3. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not a BLM supporter (because of the attendant violence associated with it.) except I would accept their BASIC philosophy and that is to say that ALL lives matter. Black, white, yellow, red, unborn, whatever.

However I do agree that there is no doubt police crimes which have not been brought to justice because of cover-ups, etc and that is horrendous.

I greatly admire law enforcement.
    I come from a law enforcement family on my mother's side.

Law enforcement officers (LEO) know full well what they are getting into when they join the force.
    If they make a wrong decision in a split second situation it may very well end their law enforcement career.

One thing every LEO knows - they are not above the law.

Unfortunately there is the Blue Wall of Silence - TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE! IMO.

HankD

4. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    As far as I have seen on the news outlets, Police killings are investigated and many even tried in a court of law. Some are acquitted and some are convicted. Do you have a list of examples of a few dozen or so that are murders that have not been given any justice? I mean you think it is a huge problem I would think you would have a huge list of injustices.

5. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

You may need to pay closer attention. Most of them the prosecutors won't indict because they work with the police officers day in and day out. So no charges end up being brought. So instead of the dead person being afforded due process and brought before a judge for his "Crime", the officers are playing jury, judge and executioner LITERALLY. And then not being charged.

Here's a starting point. You seem to think murdering folks over stupid stuff and bypassing due process for their petty indiscretions and then just killing them is okay.

Ask the parents of one of these faces if they got justice.

[​IMG]

6. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I agree again Hank. The hypocrisy of the police in this regard is incredible. Because you will often hear them telling the folks in the urban neighborhoods that they've got to stop worrying about the "snitch" label and do what's right.

7. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I don't know if you are really informed well. Do you have any names of shootings that were found to be murder and a Police Office did not get put behind bars? Surely there should be evidence of such a strong charge against Police.

8. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Really, here are two Trump quotes about blacks.

“Laziness is a trait in blacks.”

“Black guys counting my money! I hate it. The only kind of people I want counting my money are short guys that wear yarmulkes every day.”

9. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    sources please