1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Problems Inherent in God’s “Love” For All

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Protestant, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    have we ever had the explanation as to how God will be that none be lost, that ALL come to fith and repentance in Jesus, that hJesus died for all, yet all are not saved by God?

WAIT FOR IT...

God honorsd our free will so much, that he decided to limit Hilself to provoing the means for all to get saved, yet waits upon us to make the right decision in orde to allow Him to save us!

2. Winman

Winman Active Member

I will ask the Calvinists here what I asked in another thread, if God does not savingly love every person, then how do you know God savingly loves you?

Explain to me how you know for a certainty that you are one of the fortunate chosen elected ones. I would love to understand how you can know this.

3. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Holy Spirit himself bears witness to us, that we aree NOW children of God, and we can know that we are such as we have love for the bethren, love of the Lord, for church, bible , basically, we are new pwersons now in jesus, new desires and wanting now to serve and please God!

4. Winman

Winman Active Member

Could you elaborate on this please? How does the Holy Spirit bear witness to you? Does he speak to you and tell you that you are one of the elect? Does he give you a "feeling" that you are one of the elect?

Please explain how the Holy Spirit makes you positive you are one of the fortunate few that God loves, one of the elect.

Which brethren do you love? Do you love all Christians, or just Calvinists? What scriptures do you love? all of them?

How do you know you are not just going through the motions, play acting?

And are you sure you will persevere to the end? How do you know this?

5. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Those bible passages reveal to us that the Lord desires and wants us to have assurnace that we are really saved, that we can KNOW Jesus , and have etrnal lif ein Him and His name!

I see all the bible as His revelation to us, written dowm by inspired authors by the HS, and love any Christian, NOT just calvinists/Dispy!

Some of you harder to do with that others, but we are all in same Body if saved, correct?

6. Protestant

Protestant Well-Known Member

The Calvinist "God so loved the World?? -- I don't think so!"

Take your pick.

[personal attack edited]

#26 Protestant, Jul 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2013
  7. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I certainly appreciate this response and the extensive amount of scripture that supports your position and makes clear your view. :thumbs:

8. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yet another scripture filled post that obliterates all the opposition. Nice!:thumbs: