1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Questions on Hell

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Aug 27, 2014.

1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Correction. You were teaching Calvin's view of election. You were teaching the "effectual call".

And this was to a guy that attends your wife's church, correct?

2. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

IFB Arminian. Free grace and non Lordship.

I mailed a copy of FaithWorks to one of their missionaries and he agreed to read it and me and him will chat about the book over email. I am trying to get the missionary to think seriously about preaching REPENTANCE and Lordship which are topics he likes to dodge as to him they are not necessary.

#22 evangelist6589, Aug 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2014
  3. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Yes he was

4. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Well I need to be committed to my wife. If she wanted to be in a Catholic, Word of Faith, or one of these rock N Roll churches I would not join her. But this church other than their Arminian views do have the correct gospel. Granted I wish they would preach doctrine more but there is progressive sanctification and everyone is at different levels in their walk and understanding. I probably read more than anyone in the church including the pastors.

5. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

If I might interject, I don't think I can hold with your explanation as BOLDED above.

I've always held to the belief that if any part of the gospel a person or a church is preaching is wrong, then their entire message is wrong. A simple difference on a simple point of doctrine can lead so many souls astray that it would probably astound you.

The knocks you deliver on this church (only a mostly correct gospel, lack of emphasis on doctrine, lack of study by the pastor) cause me to question why you would continue to subject yourself to their meetings.

6. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    they do stress the necessity of being born again, and to live for jesus once saved though, correct?