1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Satan and 1/3 od angels falling from heaven ?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by HisWitness, Jan 14, 2013.

1. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    hey, take no offense from what I said, bro. if you engaged him, it's your right. I ain't blamin' you or anyone else for doin' so.
    just that I've heard a lot of this weird stuff goin' on, even among my own people, the Primitive Baptists (no hellers), I thought I'd do better personally just stayin' out of it.

2. Bronconagurski

Bronconagurski New Member

Preshate it, I was not offended by what you said. I figured going into this would be an exercise in futility. No worries. You hit the nail on the head.

3. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Genesis 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

You are inserting words that are not there. It does not say:
    You make the Mormon doctrine look good!

4. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

1 Chronicles 21:1--And SATAN stood up against israel,and provoked david to number israel.

2 Samuel 24:1--And again the anger of the LORD was kindled against israel and he moved David against them to say,Go number israel and Judah.

These 2 texts are the identical story,just in different areas of the old testament, In Chron Satan(Adversary) In Sam LORD(adversary).

Hope this one helps you to see what im saying :)

5. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

Greetings Friend--Sorry i have come across the wrong way to you--dont mean to come across the wrong way,but we are all here to support our stance on what we believe about scripture--NONE of us are 100% correct in what we say--But all i see here is some of you bashing all the time others for giving their veiw(whether true or false)Hopefully we can all agree and disagree in a Rightful manner and one that is non respectful :)

But i will admit i hope to get you like God got the Jews in choosing the gentiles over them--to get you to a point to instead of recieving tradition--to actually get in the bible with your anger and study the whole thing out old testament and new. May God bless you all here and may we all come to the fulness of his Understanding :)

6. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

Hello Freind :).

Theres a difference in just hearing and accepting a view because it might sound right in our own eyes--but to dig deep in the word of God and find the Truth is a completely different way :)

7. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

Thank you.

God is not called Satan in 1 Chronicles. Satan is being used by God, as he was used in Job. God is sovereign even over Satan.

8. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

If the Serpent was a snake and the so called Satan entered the snake and spoke through it--tell me who or what is the seed that God is talking about from the Serpent ? is it the seed of the serpent or satan ?? and is snakes babies gonna bruise the heel of Christ ?? and how is the angelic being named satan gonna have seed of his own ??

Just some thoughts -- May the Lord bless you :)

9. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

my apologies friend--it should have been the woman's seed bruising the Serpent's head and the Serpent bruising the woman's seed heel.

Pls forgive me i get into a hurry sometimes cause i have other things to take care of--ill take more time to get it right next time :)

10. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant (Plural) of her seed, (Singular)which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ. Rev 12:17

And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ [be] with you. Amen. Rom 16:20

And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel. Gen 3:15

How is God going to bruise Satan under the feet of the remnant (Plural) of the seed (Singular) of the woman?

11. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

Friend its either both God there in those verses or its both satan.

either you have God being related to the word Satan(Adversary) or you have Satan being related to as God--and we know this latter one isnt right.

Do a word study on the word Satan and find out where it came from and it never was a name for a fallen angel to the jews-- we in our use of language today would say the word (Adversary).

But in the jews time they had a different language than us today they used the word SATAN to say (Adversary) :)

#31 HisWitness, Jan 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2013
  12. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

You are creating a false dilemma in order to excuse your theology. This is unwise, friend.

13. Bronconagurski

I have been studying the bible for 30 years and have no problem finding the truth, nor understanding heresy when I come across heresy. With grey areas I can agree to disagree. With you, I can say you don't know what you are talking about, no offense. That, or you are an unwitting agent of Satan. Study that out for awhile.

14. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

the Dragon from revelation had 7 heads and 10 horns--that is symbolic of a empire with 7 nations and 10 kings with it--Could have been Roman empire.

Paul told them that God would crush Satan under their feet SHORTLY--Freind shortly means the same as it does to us--So it happened in their lifetime.

So Satan(Adversary) was crused under their feet in their lifetime-you cant get shortly and then say at least 2k years and it still hasnt happened yet?

So who was thier Adversary(Satan) The High priest of the day and them under him was the ones against the church and Christ in that day.

they killed,persecuted the saints and killed even Christ--they were the ones giving all the trouble to the exsisting church and they would be taken care of--that happened in ad 70 where the city and temple were destroyed and they were crushed under the saints feet at that time in their lifetime.

15. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

Its ok Friend i understand :)

But NONE here has offered any scripture which proves that Satan was actually a fallen angel or the event even taking place--it is just a traditional view without scriptural evidence.

Because you cant find it in scripture--you can only assume that it is talking about that from the generations of tradition--the jews had the same kind of tradition and they treated Christ the same way when he came to them with the TRUTH-- may God open our eyes unto his Truths and bless you all :)

16. Bronconagurski

You are wrong again. Suppose I got my son to use my car to take my wife to work because her car was broke down. My other son comes home from college and asks me how mama got to work. I say, "I used my car to get her there." The people at work ask her how she got there and she says my son brought me. Does that make me and my son the same person? No, it does not, but we both are responsible for getting her there. Sheesh.

17. Bronconagurski

I have given you plenty of proof that you need to study out, friend. What you have been taught is wrong. You have to dig deep, not just believe what you are told. That being said, I have a question for you.

I am probably gonna regret this, but if Satan is not a fallen angel. Then who tempted Christ? Who accused Job? Just who is this being that has powers more so than a human, so he can't be human, but walks and talks?

18. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

You have proven the point i made better than i could prove it myself friend :)

you are using illustrations that are common to us in our language today--The jews had a totally different thought pattern and methods and illustrations that they used to help them understand the things in their time.

Still you need to do a word study on Satan and find out where it came from and what it meant and how it was used by the jews--afterall it was in their time the whole bible was written :)

19. Bronconagurski

Whoosh!!!! That's the sound of logic going straight over your head.

20. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

Read everytime time in the old testament when Satan is used and youll find it mostly deals with a person or persons who are an Adversary or Adversaries to someone or something--Angels do not have the capabilty of sinning like we humans--we are flesh and blood--they are spiritual bodies without flesh and blood--they have no temptation like we humans--CHRIST had no temptation to sin untill he became FLESH and BLOOD--it has always been mankind's wickedness from the beginning--the only creation of God that does not obey God totally is mankind--angels doesnt know what sin even is on a personal note--

So the answer is their enemies or adversaries at the time in which they lived.